Be the first to like this
The Impact of MT on the Translator or MT and the Translator
The session will explore why MT matters and why we can expect it’s use to continue and expand in future even though MT is not suitable for all kinds of translation work. The session will also cover:
· Understanding different kinds of MT
· Examples of where MT is most successful and where not will be given
· What is post-editing, or what are the different variants of post-editing?
· How different is PE from traditional revision?
· How to assess post-editing MT (PEMT) work?
· Critical skills for PE as identified by agencies
· High value roles for translators with MT technology
· Understanding the MT system refinement and improvement process
· PEMT compensation issues
The way forward is (MT + Human) collaboration, not MT alone as the demand for productivity grows.