Successfully reported this slideshow.
English for International Trading
• 台灣屬海島型經濟 – 地狹人稠，資源稀少
• 國際化、地球村 – 英文是主要國際語言。
• 工欲善其事，必先利其器 – 從事經濟活
• Part I - 國貿實務流程與國貿英文之應用
• Part II - 英文基本句型復習
• Part III - 商業英文書信的結構
• Part IV - 國貿英文書信種類和範例
Part I - 國貿實務流程與國貿英文之應用
• 第一章 國貿實務流程
• 第二章 國際貿易步驟與相關國貿英文書信
• 第三章 國際貿易流程中重要名詞 -- 中英
(1) 所需產品 ( 規格、數
第二章 國際貿易 驟與國貿英文步
STEP 1. Market research
STEP 2. Search for partners
STEP 3. Submitting trade proposals
Submitting trade proposals
Introducing products, and sending
STEP 4. Making an inquiry
Making an inquiry,requesting catalogs,
price list, samples, etc.
STEP 5. Making an offer
Making an offer, sending catalog,
Price list, samples, etc.
reach an agreement
STEP 6. Placing an order
placing an order(P/O)
acceptance of the order
(Sales Confirmation or contract)
STEP 7. Effect Shipment based on L/C
Issuing BankIssuing Bank
STEP 8. Claim letters (if accidents occur)
shipping company insurance company
國際貿易 驟與國貿英文步 (I)
1. 推銷信函 -Sales Letters or Looking for Partners
Establishing Business Relationship
2. 寄目錄或樣品 -Sending Catalogues/Samples
3. 詢價 -Inquiries
4. 報價 -Making Offers
5. 還價 -Making Counter Offers
6. 貿易談判 -Negotiation
7. 下訂單 -Placing an Order
8. 保險 -Insurance
國際貿易 驟與國貿英文步 (II)
9. 信用狀 -Letter of Credit
10. 包裝及裝船 -Packing/Shipping
11. 收款與付款 -Collection and Payment
12. 索賠 -Claim
13. 索賠處置 - Claim and Adjustment
14. 代理權 -Agencies
15. 信用調查 -Credit Checking
第三章 國際貿易流程中重要名詞 -- 中
• 第一節 國際貿易流程中重要角色
1. 出口商 / 賣方 exporter/seller
2. 進口商 / 買方 importer/buyer
3. 製造商 manufacturer
4. 工廠 factory
5. 代理商 agent
6. 經銷商 distributor
7. 分公司 branch office
8. 供應商 supplier
9. 貨運承攬公司 forwarder
10. 船公司 shipping company
11. 航空公司 airfreight company
12. 運送人 carrier
13. 報關行 custom broker
14. 託運人 shipper
15. 銀行 bank
16. 開狀銀行 issuing bank
17. 通知銀行 advising bank
18. 押匯銀行 negotiating bank
19. 商品檢驗局 Bureau of Commodity Inspection &
20. 保險公司 insurance company
21. 臺北世貿中心 Taipei World Trade Center
22. 寄件人、委託人、託運人 Consignor
23. 收件人、 承銷人、 收貨人 Consignee
24. 敵手競爭者 Competitor
25. 零售商 Retailer
26. 批發商 Wholesaler
27. 中華民國對外貿易發展協會 (China External
Trade Development Council)
28. 國貿局 (Board of Foreign Trade)
• 報價單 Quotation/offer
• 訂貨單 Purchase order
• 銷貨確認書 Sales confirmation
• 契約書 Contract
• 預約發票 Proforma invoice
• 信用狀 Letter of Credit (L/C)
• 開信用狀申請書 Application for L/C
• 信用狀開狀約定書 Agreement for L/C
• 信用狀押匯申請書 Application for
Negotiation of Drafts under L/C
• 補償書 Letter of Indemnity
• 匯票 Bill of Exchange/Draft
• 受益人證明書 Beneficiary’s Certificate
• 裝貨單 Shipping Order
• 海運提單 Bill of Lading
• 空運提單 Airway Bill
• 包裝單 Packing List
• 重量單 Weight List
• 保險單 Certificate of Insurance
• 原產地證明書 Certificate of Origin
• 商業發票 Commercial Invoice
• 海關發票 Custom Invoice
• 領事發票 Consular Invoice
• 小提單 Delivery Order
• 裝運通知書 Shipping Advice
• 輸入許可證 Import Permit
• 出口許可證 Export Permit
• 貨物抵達通知單 Cargo Arrival Notice
• 擔保提貨書 Indemnity and Guarantee Delivery
Without Bill of Lading
Generalized System of Preference
Certificate of Origin, GSP Form
國際貿易條件 (Terms of Trade)
1. Price ( 價格 ): FOB ， CIF or CFR
2. Payment( 付款 ): L/C or D/D ， D/P ， D/A
3. Packing( 包裝 ): Mark 標誌式樣
4. Quality( 品質 ): 產品品質等級
5. Quantity( 數量 ): 產品數量
6. Insurance( 保險 ): 保險性質、種類
7. Shipment( 裝船 ): 進出口港口、地點、時間
• CIF(cost, insurance,freight) – 含保險費和 運費交貨條件
• CPT(Carriage Paid To) - 運費付訖交貨條件
• CIP(Carriage Insurance Paid To) - 運保費付訖交貨條件
• CFR(Cost & Freight) - 含運費交貨條件
• DAF(Delivery at Frontier) – 邊境交貨條件
• DES(Delivered Ex Ship) - 目的港船上交貨條件
• DEQ(Delivered Ex Quay Duty Paid) - 目的地港碼頭稅訖交
• DDU(Delivered Duty Unpaid) - 目的地稅前交貨條件
• DDP(Delivered Duty Paid) - 目的地稅訖交貨
• EX work - 工廠交貨條件
• FOB(Free on Board) - 起運港船上交貨條件
• FSA(Free Alongside Ship) - 起運港船邊交貨
• FCA(Free Carrier) – 貨物交運送人交貨條件
Exercises: ( 中譯英 )
1. 國際貿易條件 2. 製造商
3. 進口商 / 出口商 4. 報價單
5. 信用狀 6. 代理商
7. 包裝單 8. 競爭對手
9. 押匯銀行 10. 代理商
11. 報關行 12. 預約發票
13. 訂貨單 14. 商業發票
Part II - 英文文法基本句型復習
• 英文基本句型 :
I. 主詞 + 動詞 ( 完全不及物 ):S+V
II. 主詞 + 動詞 ( 不完全不及物 )+ 主詞補
III. 主詞 + 動詞 ( 完全及物 )+ 受詞 :S+V+O
IV. 主詞 + 動詞 + 間接受詞 + 直接受
V. 主詞 + 動詞 ( 不完全及物 ) )+ 受詞 + 受詞補
語 : S+V+O+OC
英文基本句型 ( 範例 )
I. 主詞 + 動詞 ( 完全不及物 ): S+Vi
1. Demand declines.
2. The price of raw materials has risen.
3. I had a bad cold and stayed home for a few
4. Our NT dollar has appreciated.
5. Mistakes occur.
6. The contract expires soon.
英文基本句型 ( 範例 )
II. 主詞 + 動詞 ( 不完全不及物 )+ 主詞補語 :
1. We are one of the well-established
trading companies in Taiwan.
2. We are an ISO 9001 certified
3. Our offer is very promising.
4. Our prices are subject to changes
英文基本句型 ( 範例 )
II. 主詞 + 動詞 ( 不完全不及物 )+ 主詞補語 :
1. Our prices will remain unchanged.
2. I feel satisfied.
3. He became interested.
4. The quality will remain a problem.
5. The weather stays the same.
英文基本句型 ( 範例 )
III. 主詞 + 動詞 ( 完全及物 )+ 受
1. We are placing an order.
2. I could not open your attached file.
3. We acquired your data from the
4. They make good coffee.
5. I am enclosing a check.
6. Your order will receive our immediate
英文基本句型 ( 範例 )
IV. 主詞 + 動詞 + 間接受詞 + 直接受詞 :
1. Please kindly give us more information.
2. We will offer you an extra 5% discount.
3. We send our best regards to you.
4. We will give you our best offer for the
英文基本句型 ( 範例 )
V. 主詞 + 動詞 ( 不完全及物 ) )+ 受詞 + 受詞
補語 : S+Vt+O+OC
1. You will find our offer satisfactory.
2. We consider your price too high.
3. We found your service highly
4. We find it necessary to decline your
request for a further discount.
• 英文句子的種類 ( 以結構分類 ):
– 單句 (Simple Sentence)
– 合句 (Compound Sentence)
– 複句 (Complex Sentence)
– 複合句 (Compound-Complex Sentence)
單句 S+V: 句子 | - | -
合句 S+V: ( 子句 ) |and(or 等 )*| ( 子句 )
複句 S+V: ( 主要子句 ) |if(why 等 )**| ( 從屬子句 )
＊對等連接詞： and, or, but, for etc.
＊＊從屬連接詞 : that, if, when, where, because,
since, although etc.
• 子句 (Clause)– 具備主部 + 述部 (S+V) 形
名詞子句 (Noun Clause)
從屬子句分為：形容詞子句 (Adjective Clause)
副詞子句 (Adverbial Clause)
• And: A and B (A 和 B) ‧but: X, but Y (X, 但是 Y)
• Or: A or B (A 或是 B) ‧for: X, for Y (X, 因為 Y)
• Either A …or B; neither A …nor B
• Not only A …but also B; not only A … but B
• Both A and B = A as well as B = A and B as well
• Not … but( 不是…而是 )
It is not … but…
• 從屬連接詞 : 具有連接主要子句與從屬子句的作用，
– 引導名詞子句的連接詞 – that , if (whether)
• that - It is true that we did business with XY Co.
during the period of 1985-1988.
• if – We wonder if you received our letter or not.
– 引導形容詞子句的連接詞 – which , that
* which – American teens prefer jeans which ride on the
* that – We would be thankful if you would kindly
introduce us to any companies that are interested in this
line of products.
• when; while; as
• since, until, after, before, once
• no sooner… than; hardly… when
**When you come to Taiwan, we can show
you our line of products displayed in our
**They proposed to cancel this order as its
shipment was delayed.
• Where, wherever, everywhere, anywhere
**Where there is a will, there is a way.
**You can sell our goods where competition is not
**Where we have buying offices, you can approach
– 表示條件、假定 (1)
• if (once), unless, in the event (that), in case
(that), in case of
• provided (that), suppose (that), providing, on
• so long as
**If you demand such items, we think we can
– 表示條件、假定 (2)
**If your order is large enough, a discount in price
can be allowed.
**Unless you write us before May 5, we’ll cancel
**We are prepared to give you a trial order,
provided you guarantee shipment on or before
• because, only because, since, as, in that
• taking into consideration (the fact) that;
considering that; seeing that, now (that)
• Due to (owing to, on account to, in view of, by
virtue of, as a result of, thanks to) + the fact that
• Not that … but that…;not because … but
It is not because … but because…
** Because the quality is poor, we refuse to accept
• so… that; such …that
• in order that…; for the purpose that…;
**Please let us know so that we can discuss
• although, though, even if, even though
• in spite of, despite of, despite, regardless of
**We consider your prices too high though
you have made concessions.
• As, as…as…, than
• according to
**If your product are as good as those made
in Korea, we’ll place an order right away.
**Our overhead this year is larger than last
• 短文 - 句型示例 :( 一 )
There are only two things to worry about.
Either you are well or you are ill.
If you are well, there is nothing to worry about.
If you are ill, there are only two things to worry about.
Either you get well, or you die.
If you get well, there is nothing to worry about.
If you die, there are only two things to worry about.
• 短文 - 句型示例 : (Why worry?)( 二 )
Either you go to heaven, or you go to hell.
If you go to heaven, there is nothing to worry
If you go to hell, you will be busy shaking hands
with your friends there, you won’t have time to
Part III – 英文書信的結構 (Basic
Structure of a Business Letter)
– 商業英文書信的格式 (Letter styles)
– 商業英文書信的組成 (Parts of a business letter)
• 主要部份 (Basic parts)
• 次要部份 (Optional parts)
– 信封的寫法 (How to write an envelope)
• Full-blocked style ( 全齊頭式 )
LETTERHEAD( 信頭 )
Date( 日期 )…………
Inside address( 信內地址 / 收信人地址 )
Salutation( 稱呼 )
Body( 正文 / 本文 )
Complimentary close( 客套結束語 )
Signature( 簽名 )
• Semi-blocked style ( 半齊頭式 )
Inside address Date…………….
Salutation ： ( ， )
• Modified-blocked style ( 改良齊頭式 )
Inside address Date
Salutation ： ( ， )
(Parts of a business letter)
• 主要部份 (Basic parts)( 一 )
1. Letterhead ( 信頭 )
name of the company Genesis Import/Export
address 2131 S. Newark Way
Creek, CA 94956
telephone number Tel. (925)925-1288
‧ 主要部份 (Basic parts)( 二 )
May 15, 2005( 美式 )
15th May, 2005( 英式 )
註 : ** 月份不宜用縮寫如 : Aug.
** 勿用 5/15/05 or 5-15-05
• 主要部份 (Basic parts)( 三 )
3. Inside address:
收信人名 如 : Mr. Terrence H. Franklin
職稱 Sales Manager
部門 Marketing Department
公司名 ABC Trading Co.
地址 40 West Road
New York, N.Y. 1021
• 主要部份 (Basic parts)( 四 )
4. Salutation –
Dear + title + last name - individual, formally
Dear Sir or Madam - company or dept.
Dear + first name - someone you know
5. Body of the Letter - see “Letter styles”
• 主要部份 (Basic parts)( 五 )
6. Complimentary Closing( 一 )
* formal -Yours truly, Truly yours, Yours
sincerely, Sincerely yours, Yours
faithfully, Faithfully yours,
* highly formal – Respectfully yours, Yours
‧ 主要部份 (Basic parts)( 五 )
6. Complimentary Closing( 二 )
* personal – Cordially, Cordially yours,
* highly personal – Best regards, Best wishes,
7. Signature -
‧ 附加部份 (Optional parts)
1. Reference Number
2. Attention Line
3. Subject Line (Re:)
4. Identification Marks
5. Enclosure Marks
6. Carbon Copy Notation
7. Postscript, P.S.
8. Continuation Pages
英文書信的構成 ( 各項構成因素的關係位
c. c. or cc-
Subject(Body of Letter)
信封的寫法 (How to write an
Rm 130, No. 120 Chung Hsio E. Rd.
Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mr. David Shaw
2201 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA. 90201
U. S. A.
1. Conciseness 簡潔 (X 代表錯誤的示範 )
X Please check the letter of May 1 so that you
may know all facts.
○Please check the letter of May 1 for all the
X It is understood that you will arrive next
○We understand that you will arrive next week.
X Thank you for the letter. You wrote your letter
on January 20.
2. Clearness 清楚
X We will ship the computers ordered
○We will ship the computers ordered two
times a week.
X The manager told Mr. Lee that he had
received his check.
○The Manager told Mr. Lee that he had
received Mr. Lee’s check.
X The toys were packed in our opinion poorly.
○In our opinion, the toys were packed poorly.
X We have received your 10 umbrellas orders.
○We have received your 10 orders of
3. Correctness 正確
x The loan limit is US$100.
○The loan limit is US$100 or less.
x We offer US$2.50 F.O.B. Taipei.
○We offer US$2.50 F.O.B. Keelung.
x Please sent us your catalogue.
○Please send us your catalogue.
x Our bikes are certainly the best on the
○Our bikes are solid in quality and attractive
4. Courtesy 禮貌
•Use Polite Words or Expressions – thank you,
please, pardon, excuse me, regret, request etc.
○Thank you for your letter of May 2.
•Use of Passive Voice
X You made a serious mistake.
○It seems that a serious mistake was made.
•Use of Positive Word
X We do not think you will be dissatisfied.
○We are sure that you will be satisfied.
•Use of Mitigation – We are afraid…, We would
say…, We suggest that…
5. Completeness 完整
x We have received your goods.
○We have received your sporting goods on
our Order No. 234.
x These are the most favorable quotations.
Being based on materials of the finest
○These are the most favorable quotations
based on our finest materials.
x Shipment left factory on 28th.
○Your Order No. 112 was shipped from our
factory on May 28th.
6. Concreteness 具體
x Our prices are the best.
○Our prices are the lowest on the market.
x Our sweaters are very good.
○Our sweaters are soft, light and attractive.
x We expect to receive your reply.
○We expect to receive your early
confirmation of the order.
x You will receive our samples in due time.
○You will receive our samples before June 10.
7. Consideration 周到
•Trying to be in the customers’ shoes is
essential in business communication. The
proper use of “YOU attitude” is necessary. Pay
attention to use more “YOU” than “WE”.
X We are pleased to announce that we will
offer you a 5% discount.
○You will be pleased to know that we will offer
you a 5% discount.
1. What are the basic parts of a business letter.
2. What are the optional parts of a business
letter. Point out their position in a form letter.
3. Write the following Dates in English:
民國 94 年 5 月 10 日 2005/8/17
民國 94 年 6 月 18 日 2005/7/07
4. Draw an envelope and write down necessary
5. What are the three letter styles? Describe
Part IV - 國貿英文書信種類和範例
第一章 Establishing Business Relation-
ship 建立貿易關係 ( 一 )
第一章 Establishing Business Relationship
建立貿易關係 ( 二 )
-- 請提供可靠廠商資料 ( 一 )
‧Please introduce us to some of the most
reliable exporters (or importers).( 請介紹一
-- 請提供可靠廠商資料 ( 二 )
‧We should be obliged if you would kindly supply
us with the addresses of factories which produce
the following goods.
‧We would appreciate receiving from you a list of
suppliers so that we may contact them directly.
‧We shall be very thankful if you can provide us
with information about hardware suppliers.
-- 請提供可靠廠商資料 ( 三 )
‧Kindly inform us of the names and
addresses of the trading companies in
your city who wish to purchase our
‧Please send us a list of names and
addresses of trading companies in your
area who would like to purchase our
–說明如何取得對方資料 ( 一 )
• Your name has been given us through the
recommendation of the English
Commercial Office in Taipei.
• Your name and address were introduced to
us by ABC Inc. who strongly recommends
• Our prime customer recommended you as
the reliable firm.
-- 說明如何取得對方資料 ( 二 )
‧ We understand from an old customer of
ours, Mr. J.R. Wong of ABC International
Co., Ltd. that you are looking for new
suppliers of cameras.
‧It is through our mutual friend, Mr. David
Wong, that we learned you are planning to
market your new products in this district.
–說明如何取得對方資料 ( 三 )
• We got your name from the CETRA( 外貿協
會 ) and learned that you are one of the
leading importers of shoes in your country.
• Your good firm has been brought to our
attention by the American Chamber of
Commerce as one of the leading exporters of
• We have learned from Trade Wind that your
company is a leading manufacturer of shoes.
• We are a major manufacturer and trader of
shoes in Taiwan for many years.
• We are one of the leading trading firms in
Taiwan, who have been engaged in
manufacturing bicycles since 1975.
• Our firm was established in 1985 and has
enjoyed an excellent reputation for these
• We have been engaged in importing printing
machinery for 15 years.
• We have a business background of 30 years.
-- 自我介紹 (2)
‧ We take the pleasure to introduce ourselves as
a maker of fashionable jewelries in Taiwan.
‧We are importers and exporters handling color
‧We have been established here for over thirty
years as general importers and exporters.
‧Let us introduce ourselves as a leading trading
firm in Taipei.
• We would like to enter business relations
• We are expecting to build the business
connections with you.
• We would like to do business with you.
• We would like to open an account with you.
• We wish to establish business relations
– 表示對其產品有興趣 (1)
• We are particularly interested in your
products, and would like to have more detailed
information on all of your commodities.
• We have an extensive sales network for this
line of goods, and shall always be ready to
cooperate with you in marketing your products
in our market..
• We have heard of your products of excellent
qualities and are considering importing them
-- 表示對其產品有興趣 (2)
‧We are interested in your new model.
‧We have heard of your products.
‧You can be sure that your products will enjoy a good reputation
in our market.
‧We are considering the possibility of commencing business with
you concerning buying European sundries, if your terms and
conditions are acceptable.
• We are eager to serve you to our best.
• We would like to be of service to you.
• We hope to have the opportunity to be of
service to you.
• We would like to do business with you in
the near future.
• We look forward to trading with you.
• Your prompt attention to this matter would
be highly appreciated.
• We look forward with pleasure to serving
• We will appreciate your early reply.
• We await your earliest reply.
• We look forward to hearing from you.
• We are awaiting for your favorable reply.
-- 結語 (2)
‧Your prompt reply is eagerly awaited.
‧I would be pleased to hear from you.
‧Please let us have your reply as soon as
‧Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.
‧May I hear from you soon?
‧We will be expecting your reply by immediate
示範信函 ( 一 )
We have obtained your name and address from Aso Shoes, Taipei,
and we are writing to enquire whether you would be willing to
establish business relations with us.
We have been importers of shoes for many years. At present, we
are interested in extending our range and would appreciate your
catalogues and quotations.
If your prices are competitive, we would expect to transact a
significant volume of business.
We look forward to your early reply,
We have learned your name and address from Taipei Trade
Center. Here we take the liberty of introducing ourselves as
We are one of the leading exporter of auto parts &
accessories in Taiwan and our goods are enjoying high
reputation for their excellent quality. We have been engaged
in this field for 22 years and have good connections with local
We enclose our illustrated catalogue and price list covering all
the products we are handling. The listed prices are all on
FOB Taiwan basis. Hope you would be interested in our
products and we could receive your favorable response soon.
•示範信函 ( 二 )
Dear Mr. Lenard,
We received your company details from the Taipei World
Trade Center, where I believe you attended a textiles
exhibition earlier this year.
Please allow me to introduce our company to you. Acer
was established in June, 1985 and initially imported cloth
from India and Pakistan. We became a leader in our field
and opened the first of our own textile producing factories
in 1990. We now produce all kinds, grades and colors of
cloth, and have earned a good reputation both in Taiwan
Our latest catalog and price list are being forwarded to you
by speed post. If you would like any other information,
please feel free to contact us on the above numbers.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks and best regards,
•示範信函 ( 三 )
示範信函 ( 四 )
We have been exporters of bicycles for over thirty years and are
now interested in establishing business connections with a most
reliable import company in your country. We would be thankful,
therefore, if you would kindly introduce us to any companies that are
interested in this line of products.
We hope we can get in touch with these companies directly through
your recommendation and do business with them on a regular basis.
With regard to our financial standing and business activities, we are
permitted to mention the Bank of Taiwan as a reference. We would
much appreciate any information you could give us.
示範信函 ( 五 )
In answer to your letter of May 20, we are glad to recommend the following
Name: Queen Import, Inc.
Address: 125 Willow Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 91024 USA
Although this company is reliable and enjoys a good reputation here, we, of
course, do not want hold ourselves responsible for them. For any information
you may need about their standing, we advise you to write directly to them.
They can, in turn, provide you with their references.
We hope our reply will be helpful to you, and if there is anything more we
can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Exercises: (Fill in the blanks with words
distributor in demand commerce market
competition product controls quotas
1. This is what I am selling. This is my _________.
2. At present I only sell it in this country. I only _____it here.
3. I’m planning to start sending it abroad. I’m going to ______ it.
4. I want to find out who sells a product like mine abroad. I want
to know what ________ there is.
5. I also want to know whether many people want a product
like this. I wonder if it’s __________.
6. I haven’t found anyone to sell my product abroad. I don’t
have a ________.
7. Are the charges very great for products going into Asian
countries? Are the ______high?
8. I understand that there are limits on the quantities one
can export to some countries. I’ve been told that there
9. Yes, and there are limits on the movement of money and
products. There are numerous _________.
10. Buying and selling are pretty complicated. In ________
there are many things to think about.
第二章 SALES LETTER
-- 提昇興趣 (Arouse Interest)
– 引起注意 (Attract Attention)
– 創造慾望 (Create Desire)
– 具說服力 (Carry Conviction)
– 誘導行動 (Induce Action)
第一節 常用表達方式 ( 一 )
‧We are happy to advise you that we have
marketed the new product.
‧You will be interested to hear that we have just
marketed our new product.
‧We have pleasure in sending our catalog and
price-list of newly developed cameras.
‧Please allow me to introduce a new range of
products we have recently designed.
第一節 常用表達方式 ( 二 )
‧We want to tell you about a new type of furniture
that is selling like hot cakes in the U.S.A.
‧Please pay your best attention to the new
specialties which made a great sensation at this
year’s International Trade Fair.
‧If you order within the following four weeks, we
can give you a 5% discount.
– 介紹產品的優點 ( 出口商 )
• Our products have the following
advantages: durability, precision, delicacy,
efficiency and accurate function.
• Our products are made in a strict quality
control process to assure accuracy,
strength and reliability with competitive
• Our products are welcomed by customers.
示範信函 ( 一 )
We always have something new for you. With this letter comes to you the
information about one of our new household items.
You will be interested to know that we have recently developed a new
product, the V8 Juice Blender, which is selling very well on the home
Because of its success in this country, we thought there might be sales
potential abroad. We would welcome your advice as to whether, in your
opinion, there is a market in your country.
If you agree, we would be glad to supply you with samples to show to
potential customers. You will find an order form enclosed in case you wish
to place an immediate order.
示範信函 ( 二 )
The best time to renew your SECRETARY subscription is now, for
two good reasons:
1. Your weekly news coverage with SECRETARY won’t be
interrupted and we won’t have to send you any more
2. When you renew now at today’s prices, you avoid future price
increases for the full period of your extended subscription.
And, as a renewal subscriber, you are eligible to receive
SECRETRY at the lowest rates available to the general public.
Depending on the terms you choose, you can SAVE UP TO 55%
off the cover price of NT$120.00 a copy.
示範信函 ( 二續 )
All you have to do is simply fill in our renewal and mail it TODAY.
We’ll take care of the rest – even bill you later, if you like. So please
act NOW to guarantee this great savings.
PS. If you prefer to renew by phone, please call our Renewal
Department at TEL: 02-551-4025
示範信函 ( 三 )
You might be amazed to know that the new Fat Free Burger from
Health First won this year’s “People’s Choice Award” for best taste.
Considering it beat out burgers containing fat, we’d understand your
reaction. But our vegetarian burger was chosen over others in a blind
taste test conducted by the National Nutritional Foods Association.
And we are so sure you will agree with the results that we are offering a
money back guarantee. Either you will love the burger or you will get
your money back. You’ve got nothing to lose.
Now take the enclosed coupon to your favorite natural food store and try the
Fat Free Burger from Health First. Try the amazing fat-free burger with the
1. May we draw your attention to our mini-bicycle?
2. You will be interested in our new product.
3. Our products are of the finest materials and the
highest techniques and are second to none in
4. Please pay your best attention to the new
specialties which made a great sensation at this
year’s International Trade Fair.
5. We are pleased to inform you that we
have just marketed our newly-developed
6. We are enclosing some sales literature in
which you will see what an enthusiastic
reception our new product has received all
over the world.
章 Enquiry( 詢問信函 )
到詳細型錄 (Catalogue) 、價目表
List) 、樣品 (Samples) 、折扣
nt) 及其他説明資料 (Illustrative
re, Literature) 等
• 第一節 常用表達方式
–從何處得知該項產品 ( 一 )
• We have learned from Anron Company of
Taipei that you’re producing for export
• Several of my dealers have expressed an
interest in your 100% cotton made T-shirts
and have inquired about them.
• We visited your stand at the computer
exhibition in Taipei last month and we are
interested in your display of product No.15.
– 從何處得知該項產品 ( 二 )
• You name and address were passed on to
us thru our mutual friend, Mr. Jack White,
from whom we understand that you are
interested in handling fashions.
• Thank you for your letter of May 1, 2005
introducing your goods factory, we are very
much interested in importing bamboo
• From your FAX message of May 24, we
understand that your company plans to
expand market to China, and we are glad
that you hope to deal business with us.
– 請寄產 ( 樣 ) 品資料 ( 一 )
• Please send a catalog of your latest products.
• Please send us samples of the goods.
• Please give us information on the
measurements and weight of the products.
• Kindly send us without charge samples of
• We are interested in your products. Could
you send us your brochures?
• Please let us know what quantities you have
– 請寄產 ( 樣 ) 品資料 ( 二 )
• We would appreciate receiving full details
of your products.
• We would appreciate it if you send us your
• We have interest in importing your sporting
goods and would like to get brochures of
your latest product lines.
• It would be helpful if you could send us
some samples showing your range of
- 請寄產 ( 樣 ) 品資料 ( 一 )
‧We would like to have further details as to
‧We hear that you have put an electric
typewriter on the market and should be glad to
have full details.
‧Your products are enjoying a good reputation
among our customers.
– 請寄價格資料 ( 一 )
• Please send us your complete price lists.
• Please quote your prices to us.
• Will you please send us samples and price
lists of the goods listed below?
• Please inform us what special offer you can
• We are prepared to do business with you if
your prices and terms are good.
– 請寄價格資料 ( 二 )
‧There is no market for the higher-priced
goods. Please offer only the goods of the
medium price range.
‧If any items are out of stock, please submit a
quotation of a substitute.
‧Please take into consideration when quoting a
price that we are paying high customs duties.
‧Please inform us of your terms of payment.
– 請寄價格資料 ( 三 )
• Would you please let us have a firm offer
for …/ your current catalogue showing …?
• We have an inquiry for your goods and
should be glad if you would send us your
catalogs and prices.
• Would you send us your samples with
• The following specifications are for our lab
equipment, please inform us your best
price with best quality.
• Please quote us your best discount off your
list prices for this quantity.
• Please inform us what discount you can
allow us for a large order.
• We shall be glad if you will quote us the
best discount for cash off list price for this
• The margin of profit on this order is very
small, and we hope you will allow us an
extra discount of 5%.
• If your price is competitive, we will place an
order in quantity with you.
• If your prices are workable and the quality
of the goods meet with our customers’
approval, we will place our orders regularly.
• If you can give us a competitive quotation,
we expect to place a large order.
‧I look forward to a long, prosperous business
relationship between our companies.
‧Thanks in advance for your prompt attention.
‧Your immediate attention to this matter would
‧Please give this matter your urgent attention.
‧We will be grateful for any help you can give
Your firm has been recommended to us by Mr. James
Dickinson, Manager of ABC Company, with whom we
have done business for many years.
We are interested in your card-index boxes and filing
equipment and shall be glad if you send us a copy of
your catalogue and current price.
‧ 第二節示範信函 ( 一 )
Your company’s products are featured in Taiwan Yellow Pages.
May we introduce ourselves as an experienced importer and exporter
exclusively dealing business between Asia and USA. We are very
interested in distributing your sporting gloves and shoes here in the
United States. Please kindly send us detailed information or catalog
1. Product specifications
2. availability and delivery schedule
3. price list and payment terms
We’d appreciate it if you could provide us with samples for our
evaluation and presentation to our buyers. Thank you for your
and we are looking forward to initiating business cooperation for our
‧ 示範信函 ( 二 )
We have seen your advertisement in The Houseware
and are interested in your ceiling fans and stand fans.
Please kindly quote your best prices based on CIF
Kaohsiung, Taiwan stating your earliest delivery date,
your terms of payment and discounts for regular
We look forward to a long and happy business
relationship with you.
‧ 示範信函 ( 三 )
示範信函 ( 四 )
We have been importing fully-automatic 35 mm cameras from Germany
for many years. We have learned that in recent years several Swiss
companies have started manufacturing similar products.
We would be thankful if you could give us a list of some of these Swiss
companies so that we can find out whether their goods are suitable for
the Taiwan Market.
If you do not have the necessary information on hand, perhaps you
would be good enough to make some inquiries on our behalf. Thanks.
Exercises ： (Translate into English)
1. 請以 CIF Keelung 為貿易條件報價。
2. 請給我們更詳細之產品規格。 (specifications)
3. 我們對 貴公司產品很有興趣。 (are interested
4. 如果 的價格具有競爭力您 (competitive) ，我們
5. 請盡快在 最方便的時刻您 (at your earliest
convenience) ，送給我們 貴公司的目錄和小冊
子 (catalogs and brochures).
Exercises (Translate into Chinese)
1. We understand from your advertisement in “Z”
magazine that you are exporting and distributing
cotton and silk fabrics.
2. If there are minimum export quantities per
color or model, please inform us.
3. Please indicate if you are willing to give
special discounts on large orders.
4. Please let us have your lowest price for each
of the following items.
5. We are very grateful for your prompt attention.
第四章 Reply 回覆信函
– 友善且直接 friendly and direct
– 自信且建設性 confident and positive
– 從對方立場看事情 presented from the
counterpart’s point of view
– 激發興趣 stimulate interest
– 像私人信函 like a personal message
– 答覆來函詢問問題 ( 如產品、價格、型錄
–對來函詢問表示謝意 ( 一 )
• Thank you for your letter of September 15.
• Many thanks for your letter of May 22.
• Thanks for your inquiry dated November
15, concerning your interest in our ladies’
• Thank you for your interest in our hand
• We have received your letter of January 14,
asking for information on our product.
–對來函詢問表示謝意 ( 二 )
• We are pleased to acknowledge your letter of
• We are glad to receive your letter of September
4, inquiring about our sandals.
• Thank you very much for your yesterday’s Fax
requesting prices of our horns.
• Thanks for your e-mail of May 15 in which you
asked for the quotation of our new PDA series
and a sample of item: PD-1155.
– 答覆來函詢問問題 ( 如產品、價格、型錄等 )( 一 )
• As requested, we are enclosing our offer sheet and
catalog for your evaluation.
• I am sending a brochure and specification sheet for each
item by speed post this afternoon.
• I am sure that you will find our large product range
suitable, and our low prices very competitive.
• Referring to your telephone proposal yesterday, we are
enclosing a pamphlet on our newest product.
– 答覆來函詢問問題 ( 如產品、價格、型錄等 )
( 二 )
‧In reply to your inquiry of May 10, we are enclosing our
latest catalogue for your reference.
‧Referring to your inquiry of November 20, we have
quoted as below.
‧In response to your inquiry of July 15, we are pleased to
quote as follows.
‧As to your inquiry of May 20, we are now working hard
in order to meet your requirements.
– 答覆來函詢問問題 ( 如產品、價格、型錄等 )( 三 )
‧I am sure that you will find that our computer
mice are not only highly functional, but also
‧If we receive your confirmed order before July
26, we will be able to dispatch the goods
around the middle of August.
‧I regret to inform you that we do not have model
number AD-12 in stock at the moment.
– 答覆來函詢問問題 ( 如產品、價格、型錄等 )( 四 )
• The prices for smaller and for larger amounts are noted in
a separate list.
• Prices are reasonable (workable).
• The price list enclosed will show you that our prices are
far more competitive than those of our rival firms.
• Prices are subject to change without notice.
• The prices of raw materials have gone up steadily since
September, but we have not yet raised our prices.
– 提供額外資訊 ( 一 )
• We are pleased to enclose our latest
catalog and price-list at your request, but
we should point out that prices are subject
to change as the market demand for raw
materials is very unsteady at present.
• The prices which we quoted are temporary,
since the prices of raw materials are going
up. We suggest you place us your order as
soon as possible (ASAP).
–提供額外資訊 ( 二 )
• The costs have gone up steadily since
June, but we will not raise our prices until
the end of December.
• We are sorry that we no longer
manufacture the model you asked for,
however, the new model we are producing
has proven to be more durable, lighter, and
lower in price.
• I am also including a specification sheet
about Model Y for your reference.
– 提供額外資訊 ( 三 )
• We also manufacture a wide range of
sandals in which we think you may be
interested. They are fully illustrated in the
catalog and are of the same high quality as
the items you asked for.
• If our price is found unworkable, please let
us know in return mail the best price
obtainable in your market.
– 誘導行動、保證服務品質 ( 一 )
• We look forward to hearing from you.
• We would appreciate your prompt attention
to this matter.
• Deliver can be made from stock.
• Delivery will be made within two months on
receipt of your order.
–誘導行動、保證服務品質 ( 二 )
• We are willing to offer 5% reduction in price on
orders over 1,000 pieces. You can rely on us to
give your order immediate attention.
• We hope your customers will find our terms and
delivery dates acceptable. We can assure you that
you may count on our full cooperation in this
• We look forward to receiving instructions from you
in the near future.
• 第二節示範信函 ( 一 )
We have received your letter of 2nd April, inquiring about the
best terms of Chinese toys and Sundries.
In compliance with your request, enclosed are our latest
catalog together with a revised price list from which you will
see our best possible terms. We are confident that the terms
submitted will give you complete satisfaction and will lead to
business with you.
We handle a wide range of products with superior quality, and
can exercise your order efficiently, at the rock-bottom prices
as shown in the price-list. We would be pleased to receive
your orders, which will always have our best attention.
We thank you for your letter of 17th January,
asking for details and prices of our heaters.
We take pleasure in enclosing our latest price
list and catalogue, together with details of Model
Please do not hesitate to write us if you need
•示範信函 ( 二 )
Thanks for your e-mail dated Jan 20, introducing yourself and
inquiring for the items you are interested in.
Attached please find our best quotation QA2005045 for your
reference. Please kindly note that page 1 is for the items you
asked; page 2 is for the items we recommend which are made by
automatic machines. You can find that the prices are very
competitive. Hope our offer can meet your demand and you may
confirm your order in the near future.
We are glad to have this opportunity to have the first contact with
you and hope we can cooperate together very soon.
In the expectation of your favorable news in return, we thank you for
•示範信函 ( 三 )
示範信函 ( 四 )
We were pleased to receive your inquiry of 3rd September. As
requested, we enclose our illustrated catalog and price-list and trust
that you will find them of much interest.
As you will note on examining them, our products are superior to any
others on the market. Moreover, our prices and terms are competitive.
If you wish to ensure delivery before Christmas, it will be necessary to
place our order as soon as possible as demand is very heavy this time
We look forward to receiving instructions from you in the near future.
Exercises :Fill in the missing words.
1. Thank you for your i______y about our
company and our products.
2. We received, with thanks your fax of March
20, r_____ring our computer mice.
3. Thanks for your letter of 25th June, and are
p_____sed to i______m you that all the items
listed in your enquiry are in s_____k( 存貨 ).
4. We no longer m________e the m____l you
asked for as their r_____l prices tend to only
attract the upper end of the market.
5. The prices which we quoted are
t________y( 暫時性 ), since we may be
compelled to increase our prices because of
increased c____ts of raw m_______ls.
第五章 Follow-up 追蹤信函
• 第一節 常用表達方式
• Until now we have not heard anything from
you since we mailed you our letter to you
on March 1.
• Regarding our fax dated June 12, we are
still waiting for your comments.
• Our records show that we have not
received any of your correspondences
since January 15.
– 是否收到去函，請告知 ( 一 )
• Please advise us whether you have
received our letter dated (date).
• If you have not received our letter, we will
send it to you again.
• If you have received our catalog, please
advise us of your opinions.
• Please kindly refer to PDA-156. Are you
going to place repeat order soon?
– 是否收到去函，請告知 ( 二 )
• As we have not heard from you, we would
like to know if you need any further
• We hope you found our merchandise and
• Your comments will be a help for us to
renew and improve the good relationship
between our firms.
• Thanks for your kind attention to the above
and look forward to your comments and
orders very soon.
• We look forward to doing business with you
and we appreciate your comments and
• We would be glad to have your comments
• 第二節示範信函 ( 一 )
Last month we sent you our quotation of xxx
together with an actual sample replying to your
enquiry dated 18 Sept. Since we have not heard
from you as yet, we would like to ask if you need
If, for some reason, you have changed your
schemes or made other arrangements, please
let us know. We would appreciate any
comments you could give us.
It is a matter of the greatest concern to us to find your
name on our list of “missing customers” and to realize
that it has been there for some time. As we are sure you
know, a lost customer is a serious problem in our
As you’ve been a valued customer to us, if there is
something important to have caused you to stay away
from us, it is certainly important for us to find the reasons
and to take proper corrective steps. Therefore, we are
writing you to ask for help on this problem.
We will be very grateful if you would kindly give us your
opinions and comments.
( 二 )
Exercises( 英譯中 )
1. We have not heard from you for a while. I
hope that all is well in your company and that
business is prosperous.
2. We are very concerned to find your name on
our list of “missing customers” and to know that
it has been there for some time.
3. Under such circumstance, we expect to
receive your reply and also welcome your
opinions which are likely to bring both of us
第六章 報價 (Offer and
價目表 (Price list/Offer sheet)
估價單 (Estimate sheet)
預約發票 (Proforma invoice)
國際貿易『報價內容』必須具備 :( 一 )
1. Offer 聲明 ( 如 FOB/CIF 等價格條件 )
3. 品質條件 ( 成份、規格、式樣等 )
國際貿易『報價內容』必須具備 :( 二 )
We thank you for your inquiry of April 13 and are pleased to offer you
our best quotation as follows: FOB TAIWAN
Item No. Description 10,000sets 5,000sets 3,000sets
MN-385 memo board US$1.22/set US$1.26/set US$1.29/set
1.Same price for all models: MN-383, MN-384, MN-385 & MN-386
2.Minimum: 3,000 sets for making your own design (4-color printing).
You have to send us the film of your design so that we can
print them accordingly.
3.Packing: 1pc/polybag, 12pc/box, 36pc/ctn2.3’
If the packing you request is different from ours, the price
will be different.
Frankly speaking, this item isa one of our best selling products.
After we promote it from July, we have got a lot of orders
according to customer’s designs. So, we hope you will feel
satisfactory to our offer and may confirm order at the soonest.
In the expectation of your favorable news in return, we thank you
for your attention to the above and remain,
• 穩固報價 (Firm offer)
• 非穩固報價 (Non-firm Offer)
a. 不受約束報價 Offer without engagement
b. 經確認方有效報價 Offer subject to
• 賣方報價 (Selling offer)
• 買方報價 (Buying offer)
• 第一節 常用表達方式 ( 一 )
– As requested, we quote our best FOB prices
as the quotation attached.
– We quote our best prices as below:
– We are pleased to offer you our best
quotation as follows:
– The offer is valid until end of May.
– The offer is subject to change without notice.
– It is the best offer we can make at present
and we trust that it’s acceptable for you.
• 常用表達方式 ( 二 )
– Attached please find our best quotation for
– We are glad to enclose our price list for the
items you requested for your study.
– Since you are one of our good and important
customers, we would like to give you our best
– For this kind of products, we can offer you 5%
agency commission on FOB Keelung basis.
• 常用表達方式 ( 三 )
– As orders have been rushing in recently,
please place your order at the soonest.
– As our stock is running low, please confirm
– We strongly advise you to take advantage of
this exceptional opportunity.
– In view of the heavy demand for this article,
we would advise you to place the order as
soon as possible.
‧ 第二節報價示範信函 ( 一 )
Dear Mr. Jones,
Thank you for your enquiry of yesterday. As requested we enclose
samples of different qualities of paper suitable for poster work.
We are pleased to quote as follows:
A1 quality Printing Paper white US$2.25 per kg
A2 quality Printing Paper white US$2.18 per kg
A3 quality Printing Paper white US$2.10 per kg
These prices include delivery at your works.
We can promise delivery within one week from receiving your order,
and hope you will find both samples and prices satisfactory.
We thank you for your letter of May 1, 2005 inquiring
about the captioned building material and take pleasure
to enclose our offer No. AA-101 for your consideration.
May we draw your attention to the facts that the price we
quoted is on (CFR) Hongkong basis instead of on either
FOB Taiwan or CIF Bangkok basis and that our offer will
be valid until June1, 2005. As the demands for plywood
have been very heavy recently, your early decision and
reply are requested.
We are waiting for your prompt and favorable reply.
( 二 )
Exercises: (Translate into Chinese)( 一 )
1. We received your quotation from a few other
Japanese companies, and yours was the highest
2. We are pleased to offer your firm the following
goods subject to your reply reaching us by May
3. We have today FAX you the following offer as
shown in the enclosed copy.
4. We confirm our FAX just dispatched offering
your firm the foods mentioned below.
Exercises: (Translate into Chinese)( 二 )
5. We offer these goods subject to our final
6. This offer is effective for your FAX acceptance
on or before August 30.
7. We trust that you will take advantage of this
seasonal demand and favour us with an order.
8. We are glad to quote you as follows and can
promise delivery within 40 days on receipt of
9. Our prices are subject to change without
10. All prices are subject to market fluctuations.
第七章 還價 (Counter Offer)
• 第一節 常用表達方式
– 買方的還價 – 提出不能接受的理由，如
– 賣方的還價回覆 – 無條件或有條件接受
– 買方的還價 ( 一 )
• We thank you for your offer, but your prices
are too high.
• Our customer is not satisfied with the price.
• I hope that you will be able to grant us a
reduction in price.
• Recently the powerful growth of Euro$ in
relation to US$ has made the products from
Far East unmarketable for us.
– 買方的還價 ( 二 )
• In view of the prevailing prices in this
market, your quotation is a little expensive.
• Our customers say that they can not put up
with slightest higher prices because quick
deliveries of Korean products have been
• Your price is higher than that of English
• We do not feel that the price is competitive
– 買方的還價 ( 三 )
• This order is quite large, and we would
request you to make a quantity discount.
• For an order for this quantity we expect a
wholesale discount off your list prices.
• We can only consider placing an order if
you can give us a price reduction of 10%.
• Due to the quality of the goods being
inferior, we must receive a price reduction
of at least 50%.
– 賣方的還價回覆 ( 一 )
• In view of the long business relations with
you, we accept the terms you specified for
• Your comments have been received with
our best attention. We understand your
situation, but we have our difficulties, too.
• Upon consideration, we will offer you an
allowance of 5% off the list price.
– 賣方的還價回覆 ( 二 )
• Since we should like to enter the market in
your country, we have cut our profit margin
to give you the benefit of a 4% reduction.
• Our terms are 3% cash discount, only
within ten days of date of invoice.
• We agree to making a reduction in price if
this will help you to develop your market for
– 賣方的還價回覆 ( 三 )
• For a quantity of 60 or more, we can allow
you a special discount of 20% on the prices
• We are prepared to give you an additional
allowance of 5% on an order of 1,000 units
• We regret to learn that you find our
quotations rather expensive.
• We can, however offer you one of our older
models which has not been affected by the
– 賣方的還價回覆 ( 四 )
• We are not in a position to accept your
• Our margin of profit is so small that it is
impossible for us to make any further
• As prices have been shaded as far as
possible, further reductions would not be
possible without a sacrifice of quality.
• I am sorry to tell you that we are forced to
increase our prices by 5%.
‧ 第二節還價示範信函 ( 一 )
We have concluded the negotiation with our customer.
They told us that they have commitments at the old price
for 1000 pieces and cannot increase the price for this
portion of the order. They will accept the old price of
US$2.25 for the first 1000 pieces and US$2.75 for the
balance of 1500 pieces. Then they will accept the new
price of US$3.25 on all future orders.
If you agree to our proposition, we will place a new order
Thank you for your letter of February 10, and we are
pleased to receive your order No. A01234.
In order to conclude the business soon and help you
gain more business opportunities, we would like to make
some concession and offer US$58.50/pc. If possible, we
can arrange one shipment for these two orders on or
before mid of October to help you promote our
ADVANCE tennis rackets on the market as early as
possible. Please reconsider this matter.
Could you please also tell us the quantity you require for
next year so that we may adjust our price accordingly.
Expecting your prompt answer.
‧ 還價示範信函 ( 二 )
Thank you for your letter of July 5, offering 200 dozen of
silk handkerchief at US$9.00 per dozen.
However, we regret to inform you that we are not in a
position to accept your offer on these terms. We are
obtaining the same quality through another channel at a
price 10% less than you quoted us. In case you can
reduce the price to US$8.00 per dozen, it is possible for
us to place an order for considerable quantity of this
We are looking forward to receiving your early reply with
( 三 )
針對以下情況，提出理由或說法，各舉 2 個例子
(Shipping and Packing)
• 第一節 常用表達方式 ( 一 )
• All packages are to be clearly marked
Taiwan and numbered consecutively 1-10.
• To ensure arrival of the machines in good
condition, please observe our packing
instructions detailed below.
• The parts should be wrapped separately in
oiled paper. Please pack them in strong
wooden cases with waterproof lining.
• Please inform us of your marking
instructions, since we are nearly ready to
ship the goods.
• Since these articles are being transported
by air, we will use light styrofoam packing.
• We are pleased to confirm that your
instructions regarding packing and marking
have been accurately executed by our
– 買方敦促賣方準時裝運及交貨 ( 一 )
• Please inform us of the shipping schedule
for our order.
• Please fax your shipping advice
immediately after completing shipment.
• It is most important that the delivery date
be strictly kept.
– 買方敦促賣方準時裝運及交貨 ( 二 )
• Please do your best to expedite shipment.
• It is essential for our customers to have
these goods in plenty of time for the
• As the goods are urgently required, we
must ask you to dispatch them by air.
• Please note that partial shipment and
transshipment are not permitted.
• We will decline to accept the goods if they
are not shipped as we instructed.
• We shall be compelled to cancel our order
if the goods are not received by the end of
• We reserve the right to refuse the shipment
if it does not arrive on time.
– 賣方通知買方貨物裝運情況 ( 一 )
• We have booked shipping space on the
Taiwan XYZ scheduled to set sail from
Keelung on Sept. 1st.
• The goods are being prepared for
immediate delivery and will be ready for
• We wish to confirm the dispatch of your
order No. 11A by Eva Flight NO 002 to San
– 賣方通知買方貨物裝運情況 ( 二 )
• We are pleased to inform you that we have
duly shipped your order No. 11A this
• We are pleased to confirm that the goods
of your order No. 11A were shipped at
Keelung by Ms. JJ Lee on June 15.
• We trust that the consignment will reach
• Enclosed please find one complete setof
non-negotiable shipping documents for
your customs clearance.
• We will send a set of the shipping
documents covering your Order 11A
• In accordance with your request, we are
sending you the commercial invoice in
triplicate and the consular invoice in
• We regret to inform you that we can’t ship
the goods as instructed due to the shipping
• We are sorry to inform you that it has
become impossible to make shipment of
your Order No. 11A in June.
• Due to unforeseen circumstances, we
cannot supply this item before August 1.
• Consular invoice is necessary for import
customs clearance here. Please send it
soon by airmail.
• The goods were cleared through our
customs without any difficulty.
• The container has reached our container
yard in good condition.
( 一 )
To Messrs: ABC Trading Company Date: November20,2000
Goods: Mini Scooters
L/C No. : IO32228 Date: September 12,2000.
Total Amount : US$35,000.00
B/L No. : UGHL20200332483
ETD. : November 12
ETA. : Buenos Aires around December 15,2000.
We have the pleasure to inform you that the shipment has
been effected per S.S. Northlake V. Ne001E from: Taichung
port Taiwan to Buenos Aires, Sailing on: November 12,2000.
Hope you will receive it soon in good condition.
Thanks & regards
• 示範信函 ( 二 )
We are pleased to inform you that your goods for the following orders
have been shipped together on June 14 smoothly. The shipping details
are listed as below:
Your P/O number: 52814 for PD-2125 2000 sets
52817 for PA-3212 1000 sets
ETD: June 14,2000.
ETA: July 15,2000.
Vessel name: Portugal Senator
Attached are the copies of B/L, Invoice & Packing list. The original
documents will be sent today by TNT express. Please kindly remit us
the balance of payment: US$8,500 at once. Your prompt cooperation
will be highly appreciated.
Thanks & best regards
NO. ADV-123 Date: Jan.23,199-
INVOICE of NEW GOLD INSERT CLOCK………………………...…………..
FOR Account and Messrs. FASHION CLOCK CO., LTD….………………….
Shipped by the undersigned per S.S. GREAT KING ENTERPRISE CO.,LTD.
Sailing on or about……….From Taiwan, ROC…….. To HONG KONG……..
L/C No……………………………….Contract No…..…………………………….
Marks & No. Description Quantity Unit Price Amount
GREAT GOLD INSERT 2,000pcs US$4.50 US$9,000.00
CLOCK (FOB TAIWAN)
QTY: 50pcs 3 Gold hands with gold
G.W.: 6.5kgs Velvet Blue leather
TOTAL 2,000pcs US$9,000.00
Exercises: (Translate into English)
第九章 訂單 (Order)
• 第一節 常用表達方式
–買方發出採購訂單 (P/O, Purchase Order
or Purchase Contract)
Confirmation) or (Proforma Invoice)
–買方發出採購訂單 (P/O, Purchase
Order or Purchase Contract)( 一 )
• We enclose our trial order for 20 sets of
• We are satisfied with your quality and
samples and would like to place an order
with you as the attached list.
• We would like to confirm our order as the
–買方發出採購訂單 (P/O, Purchase Order
or Purchase Contract)( 二 )
• Enclosed please find our purchase order
• We are pleased to accept your kind offer of
a 2% discount from the price quotation and
would like to place an order as attached.
• Please accept our confirmed order as below
and issue a proforma invoice as soon as
Confirmation or (Proforma Invoice)( 一 )
• We thank you for your order No.05 and
confirm accepting your prices and
• Thanks very much for your order. Please
rest assured that we will pay careful
attention to every detail of your order.
• We are pleased to confirm this order.
Confirmation or (Proforma Invoice)( 二 )
• We appreciate having your order and will
execute it on receipt of your acceptable
• Please see the following page for our P/I.
• I hope that this first order will lead to a long
and mutually beneficial business
(Substitute/Replacement)( 一 )
• We appreciate your interest and order for
model No. 45, but regret to inform you that
we don’t supply it any more. We are sure
that our model No.XY is an excellent
• The goods you required are sold out, but
we would like to recommend style No. 05
as an excellent substitute.
(Substitute/Replacement)( 二 )
• The goods you ordered are out of stock, so
we suggest you buy the similar article –
• We recommend our type No. xy01as
replacement which is similar to your need
in quality, style and appearance.
– 無法完全接受訂貨的溝通 ( 一 )
• We regret to inform you that we are not
able to accept your order as our production
capacity is full.
• Thank you for your order No. 1234, but we
regret to inform you that we have to refuse,
because we cannot make them ready on
• We regret to inform you that we cannot
accept your order at the prices we quoted
two months ago.
– 無法完全接受訂貨的溝通 ( 二 )
• We appreciate your order No. 123 but
regret to inform you that we are not able to
accept such a low price, or your payment
• Due to a sudden shortage of electronic
components, we will not be manufacturing
this item for at least three months.
• It is to my great regret that we are unable to
fill your order.
• 第二節示範信函 ( 一 )
Thanks for your fax. We are prepared to accept your price
reduction and thank you for this offer. Please accept as confirmed
offer as below and issue a proforma invoice as soon as you
PURCHASE ORDER Ref:LW-01
Item no.: CM-1
Description: Computer mouse with USB connector
Colour: Transparent blue, purple and pink
Terms: F.O.B Hong Kong
Delivery: 1 month after receipt of confirmed order
Unit price: US$6
Quantity: Each color@1000Pcs Total: 3000Pcs
Payment: By T/T one week in advance of shipment
Shipment, and Insurance:
Fed. Ex. Account no: 471 326 984-7
Packing: Bulk, No individual boxes required.
1 CTN@100Pcs. Total CTNs: 30. Dimensions:@1m3
1 CTN@Net weight: 12kgs. Gross weight: 13kgs
It is essential that the quality of the goods ordered must
be the same as that of the samples received. Please do your
best to your best to fulfill the above clauses.
Made in Taiwan
Continued 示範信函 ( 一 )
• 示範信函 ( 二 )
Thanks for your order of 500 rolls of each CPRS-01,
AGTT-06 and RAPOL-03A. Please see the following page for our
P/I. We are pleased to confirm this order.
As we realize that it is very important for the goods to be
shipped as early as possible, we will give this order our most
careful attention. We will do everything in our power to ensure that
the shipment is sent on August 3rd. The shipping documents will
be faxed and then mailed to you under separate cover.
We hope that this order will lead to a long and prosperous
business relationship between us.
Thanks and best regards,
Exercises: (Fill in the words)
1. You may rely on us to carry out your i_______ns in every
2. Thank you for your order c________n for our PDA Model
No. 124. However, we r______t to i______n you that we can
not accept this order at the p_____ces we quoted two months
3. We acknowledge with thanks your purchase order No.
0123 dated May 5. The t___ms and c_______ns are stated
4. It is e______l that the q______y of the goods o_____red
must be up to that of the s_____e received.
5. We are happy to place our first order with you.
Please see below for d_______ls.
6. We are very s_______fied with the s______les
you sent to us, and we wish to place a t_____l
order. Please see the next page for our order form.
7. Please fax c_______n of this order by return fax.
8. As the products are required u_____tly, we hope
that you will give this o______r your most prompt
a_______n and make the earliest possible
9. Please mail the i________c, p______g list and
other d_________ts as soon as you can.
10. If our c_______r is satisfied with this first order,
we will be in a p_______n to place large r_______t
orders in the f______e.
第十章 付款 (Payment)
• 第一節 常用表達方式
– 開信用狀賣方買方書信往來 ( 一 )
• Regarding order No. 1234, please promptly
open full cable L/C so we can make
• We would appreciate if you open L/C
without delay to facilitate our shipment of
your goods as instructed.
• We trust you will open the necessary L/C
as soon as possible.
– 開信用狀賣方買方書信往來 ( 二 )
• We are taking all necessary steps to open
the L/C, which we hope will reach you
within 10 days.
• We will open an irrevocable L/C at sight in
your favor on receipt of your confirmed
• Concerning purchase order No. 1234, the
relevant L/C has been established with
Burke’s Bank, Hong Kong, in your favor. It
will reach you in due course.
• We are pleased to have received your L/C
covering order No. 1234.
• Many thanks for your L/C No. 55 you
opened in our favor.
• We appreciate receiving your irrevocable
L/C at sight in our favor.
– 修改信用狀賣方買方書信往來 ( 一 )
• Regarding L/C No.1234, please delete the
clause “transshipment prohibited”.
• Please amend the price term of L/C
No.1121 to be FOB Taiwan basis.
• Owing to rush of orders, would you please
extend the sipping date of L/C to May 5 and
validity to May 20.
– 修改信用狀賣方買方書信往來 ( 二 )
• According to your request, we have
instructed our bank to amend L/C as
• As requested in your fax of May 1, we have
extended the Shipping date and expiry date
of L/C No.1112 to May 5 and may 20
• Regarding L/C No. 1121, we have
amended the size of merchandise to 5mm.
– 催繳、延遲付款等 ( 一 )
• We will take no action if payment reaches
us within 15 days after you receive this
• We would appreciate payment immediately
so that your account can be brought up to
• I regret to say that our records show that
we do not have a sufficient basis for
extending open account terms to you.
– 催繳、延遲付款等 ( 二 )
• We have written to you on three occasions
and have not received a reply. We cannot
understand why you have taken no action
to settle your account.
• We have considered your request to delay
payment of your outstanding balance of
US15,000. until 1 May of this year. We are
happy to tell you that we can agree to your
( 一 )
Regarding our letter dated Jan. 11, 1994, confirming the
acceptance of your order No. xxx, in that letter, we promised that
the shipment can be sent by the end of March subject to your
acceptable L/C reaching here by the end of January.
But until now we haven’t received your L/C, please promptly
instruct your banker to open an irrevocable L/C at sight in our
favor, so that we can arrange for production. If your L/C can’t be
received within 10 days, we are afraid that we may not be able to
ship the goods as you instructed.
In order to make shipment on time, please open your L/C without
delay. We are looking forward to receiving your early reply.
( 二 )Dear Sirs,
We thank you very much for your letter of credit No. XXX issued by
XXX bank covering your order No. 2011 dated November 28, for XXX.
This letter of credit has reached us duly and the contents have received
our best attention.
We have carefully observed the terms and conditions stipulated in your
L/C, and will surely comply with them in every respect. Production of the
order has been proceeded smoothly and the goods can be expected to
deliver by the end of next month.
As this is your first order, we will pay very close attention to the quality
of the goods you ordered so that you will find no difficulty to sell every
piece of them on the market.
It is our earnest hope that this trial order may prove to be the forerunner
of many large ones in the near future as a result of our fine quality and
示範信函 ( 三 )
Dear Mr. Siswanto,
We are writing to call your attention to your overdue1
US$20,000 for your P.O. #5678 and US$300 for bicycle parts
As you always make prompt payment, we assume that you
may have been busy these days and forgot this payment. As
stated in your order, payment should be made by T/T within 10
days after shipment. Since the shipment was on board on
March 10, and now is already April, thus, please send us your
payment as soon as possible.
If your payment has been made, please disregard2
第十一章 索賠 (Claims)
國際貿易索賠 Claims ，不外乎：
1. 貿易索賠 (Trade Claims) 品質不符
2. 運輸索賠 (Transportation Claims) -
3. 保險索賠 (Insurance Claims) 單獨海
1. 和解 (Compromise)
2. 調解 (Reconciliation
3. 仲裁 (Arbitration)
4. 訴訟 (Litigation, Law Suit)
• 第一節 常用表達方式
• We have received serious complaints in
regards to your Tennis shoes.
• We find that every bale shows a shortage
• The goods received re much inferior to the
sample in quality.
• We are disappointed to find that the quality
of the goods you supplied does not
matched the samples submitted.
• Two boxes in the consignment were found
to be damaged on arrival. We have marked
the consignment note accordingly.
• One carton is missing from this
• Upon checking the goods received, we
have found that several items on your
invoice were not included.
• Please look into the non-delivery of the 50
computers which we ordered on May 1st.
• The goods arrived at our port 10 days later
• These goods were delayed in reaching us
from the plant. Consequently they were
shut out of the ship.
• This delay is causing us great
inconvenience, as we have promised our
customers early delivery.
• We ask you to make us allowance
corresponding to our loss.
• Please let us know if you’ll take the goods
back or let us sell them at a 50% discount.
• Our buyers are claiming us 10% allowance
off the price.
• As the goods do not fit our fit our purpose,
we wish to know what you can propose to
do in this matter.
• If you don’t make up our loss within 30
days, we will submit this matter to
• If you don’t compensate for our loss within
30 days, we will take legal action.
• We have no other way but to submit this
matter to the court.
• If we don’t hear from by return mail, we will
file our claim for the full settlement.
• Please give this matter your urgent
• Please investigate this matter and adjust it
• Your immediate attention to this matter
would be appreciated.
• We shall appreciate your prompt attention
to the adjustment of this claim.
• 第二節示範信函 ( 一 )
We are sorry to inform you that when we
checked the goods at customs warehouse, we
found that you sent us wall clock No. CL-235
instead of CL-335, which is smaller and different
completely, but with same price. We think that
we cannot sell this item as before. We ask you
kindly to settle this matter and respond us soon.
• Claims 示範信函 ( 二 )
It is an unpleasant result for drawing your attention to the
defective goods, which we received last week,
Upon unpacking the cartons, we regret to find that the
quality is much inferior to the approval sample with our
confirmed order. Further, 10 of the cartons were badly
damaged with too fragile packing. Besides, 15 cartons
As the evidence, we enclose a copy of Lloyd’s Survey
Report showing damage with the results of faulty
packing, shortage and defective quality for your study.
Being in such an awkward situation, we are threatened
with the serious loss of some of our best customers,
because their sales advertisement has already (cont’d)
displayed on the market and also printed on the
department ‘s catalogue since the order was confirmed.
Please take this matter into your careful consideration and
give us an explanation and tell us how to resolve our
problems. It seems that a reasonable compensation cannot
be avoided. Please show us your sincerity since the trouble
was made by you. For the charges of Survey Report, repair
or reship, they’ll be also all at your expense.
We look forward to your reply soon.
1. We shall a_______e( 感激 ) your prompt
a______n to the a_______t of this claim.
2. We would like to s______t this c______m to
a________n( 仲裁 ).
3. As this product does not fit our purpose of
use, we wish to know what you can p______e to
do in the matter.
4. If the cargoes cannot be found within a few
days, we will f_____e our claim for the full
s_________t of them.
5. You have a good reason to c______n( 抱怨 )
of the c______n( 情況 ) of the cargo delivered
from M/S Wilson.
6. Even so, we only made enough money on this
product to pay expenses. We only b____k
7. Unless we receive the components within the
next five days, the order will be c______led and
8. You will find a list of the d______ged and
missing a______es attached, and the
c__________t will be put to one side until we
receive your instructions.
9. We would like to know what you i_______d to
do in the matter.
10. The damage is a_______tly caused by
i_______r ( 不當 ) packing.
• 寫處理索賠信函原則 ( 一 )
• 寫處理索賠信函原則 ( 二 )
• 第一節 常用表達方式
– 承認有失誤 ( 一 )
• We are sorry to hear that the goods arrived
damaged at your destination.
• We are sorry to learn that this shipment has
not given you full satisfaction.
• We are sorry to have caused you much
• Wrong goods have been shipped through
an error of our shipping clerk.
– 承認有失誤 ( 二 )
• After investigating your complaint, we have
found an error was made in our dispatch
• From the survey report sent by you, we
admit that each cask leaks more or less.
• On checking into the matter, we discovered
• We very much regret having caused you
• Thank you for calling our attention to the
non-delivery of your goods.
• Please accept our apologies for the delay
and the inconvenience it has caused you.
• We are sorry that you have been put to
much inconvenience by the delay.
• We apologize for the delay and enclose our
credit note and rectified invoice.
• Please inform us whether it will be possible
for you to take the wrong goods and have a
• We will allow a discount of 20% to meet your
• Realizing that you are in an awkward
situation, we will meet you half way by
making a 10% reduction.
• We will make a special allowance of $100
• We will replace the wrong goods with right
ones at once.
• To avoid any inconvenience to you through
the shipping company’s delay, we have
sent again your order by CAL flight #02 this
afternoon, carriage paid.
• A replacement for the faulty equipment was
• Your claim has been passed on to our
insurance company, who will get in touch
with you soon.
• The claim for the damaged is to be filed
with the insurance company.
• As soon as we received your letter, we got
in touch with the packers and asked them
to look into the matter.
• We assume not responsibility in your claim.
• We are not responsible for this damage,
claim for which should be filed with the
• Since the delay is beyond our control, we
cannot assume any liability.
• On looking into the matter, we find what we
sent was exactly equal to the sample; we,
therefore, cannot consider your demand for
• Please be assured that we will give full
attention to this matter.
• We apologize for the inconvenience this
business has caused you and assure you
careful attention will be paid to your future
• We trust that the matter is thus settled to
our mutual satisfaction.
• 第二節示範信函 ( 一 )
Dear Mr. Wu,
Your e-mail dated June 1 has been received with our
best attention. After checking, we found that our packing
department made a mistake that they shipped No. CL-
025 instead of No. CL-035 due to the negligence on item
No. Actually, CL-025 is superior to and more expensive
than CL-035, although it is smaller. For making up our
fault, we would like to offer you an allowance of 10%
though we will suffer a great loss.
Please kindly understand our sincerity in this respect and
consider accepting our proposal. Your kind acceptance
will be highly appreciated. We look forward to your
confirmation in return.
Thanks & regards,
示範信函 ( 二 )
We have received your fax of June 25 and your “Reject
Material Report” , number 106.
We are very sorry for the situation that the panels were
not screwed on well, which may be caused by new
hands, and regretfully that our quality inspector didn’t
notice it. Of course, all this is no excuse. We sincerely
apologize for this fault. Concerning the base, we can
assure you that they were left here in good condition, so
the damage may be caused in transit. Anyway, we
confirm to take the responsibility and remit US$960 by
T/T today to your account.
示範信函 ( 三 )
Upon receiving your claim on May 24 about the
inferior printing on our products, we have closely
examined our keeping samples at once, but find it’s no
way different in quality. We can only surmise that
there may be a mistake somewhere, or only a couple
of pieces may have this problem. Would you please
recheck it further? Tell us how many quantities you
have found ? And send us a sample back for our
improvement? We look forward to your further
1. 由貴公司 1 月 1 日來函獲悉，本批商品沒有
予發票金額 10% 的減價。
4. We can understand the inconvenience and
annoyance you have suffered, and will do our
best to adjust the matter to your satisfaction.
5. Since your complain does not agree with
results of our own test. We suggest that
another thorough examination be conducted
by you to show whether there is any reason
1. 商用英文 (English for Business) ，郎亞琴、蕭如妙編
2. 國際商業書信 (International Business
Correspondence Handbook) ， Ron Holt/Nick
3. 國貿商用英文實務 (Business Letters For
International Business) ，蒙禮慧編著，華立圖書股
4. 現代英文商業書信，雪麗 泰勒‧ (Shirley Taylor) 著，
5. 國貿英文， CLARE MISSIN 張誠英 / 著，高立圖書
8.ENGLISH BUSINESS LETTERS(貿易英文書信 )，聞順發、陳淑女編著。
10.英文不難， English is not difficult. (It is not difficult to learn English.) 齊玉編著，三民
11.英文法與句型 (Basic English Grammar & Sentence Patterns)林麗慧編著 (教師
13. 商用英文書信，籐田義明監修，高崎榮一郎、 Paul Bissonnette
14. 商用英文 (English for Business) 李明成編著，文京圖書有限公司
15. 商務致勝英文書信 (Write for Modern Business) ， Grahame T
Bilbow, Ph.D 朗文。
16. 商業溝通概論 (Business Communication for the Asians)Herbert
W. Hildebrandt/ 李東來 / 宗寶麟合著，文鶴出版有限公司。