Sudha Rani (BE/1035/2010)
• What is 3D Internet ?
• Why 3D Internet ?
• Evolution of 3D Internet.
• How is 3D Internet implemented ?
• Implementation using VRML technology
• Technical implifications
• Existing technology and its disadvantages.
• Proposed technology
• Picture Gallery
WHAT IS 3D INTERNET???
• Simulation of web page in true to life
• An active medium for interaction.
• New way to reach customers , Partners ,
• Replicates real life
• Flexible architecture , open protocol.
• Intelligent and distributed system.
• Provides 3D surfing experience.
WHY 3D INTERNET ???
• Interesting 3D shopping..
• Easy social interactions..
• To represent interior designs effectively.
• Gaming made more interesting..
• Distance learning is a joyous experience.
EVOLUTION OF 3D INTERNET
In Web 1.0, a small number of writers created Web pages for
a large number of readers. For example : Microsoft.com for
windows issues and CNN.com for news.
In Web 2.0, companies built platforms that let people publish
content for other people using best graphical user interfaces.
For example: Flickr, YouTube, MySpace.
With the use of web 3.0, data is integrated and
applied in innovative ways not thought of
earlier. A major leap here is the introduction of
HOW IS 3D INTERNET IMPLEMENTED???
* Using available virtual platform.
* By using artificial intelligence.
* By using eyewear like Google Glass.
* Using sensors and holographic image projection.
• Provides 3-
• Voice commands
• Record and share
• Interesting “Visual
for smart phones.
THE 3D MOUSE..
• Time saving.
• Easy to handle.
• Increased Design
• Sensitive controller cap.
Vision stations is a display
device used in 3D internet.
It uses a computer display
technology that provides
180 degrees of viewing
angle to its users.
IMPLEMENTATION USING VRML TECHNOLOGY
What is VRML?
VRML is the Virtual Reality Modelling Language, a system for
describing 3D scenes on the web using text files in a similar
format to the HTML which allows the browser to produce the
illusion of a 3-Dimensional environment.
How to use it?
First of all we need a VRML browser to view our world as well
as other people then we create our own world using either
VRML authoring tools or coding it by hand.
Not many countries in the world are in as state to fulfill the
internet speeds required for implementing 3D internet.
Introduction of 3G technology can solve this problem.
With the inclusion of 3D internet there would be difficulty in
viewing 3D objects in 2D display devices. Use of 3D googles
and vision stations can solve this problem
EXISTING TECHNOLOGY AND ITS
* less images.
More wastage of time
* Handling mouse
Lack of proper representation
* Online Shopping
* Online payment
More interactive(Comfort level is more).
Reduced mouse movements.
Simple yet effective representation
Increased speed of working.
3D virtual shops
3D “banner ads”
Web-based training using interactive 3D
Multi-player, fully 3D
Streaming 3D animation (much lower bandwidth than
video, can run full screen, can have interactivity)
3D chat spaces
Virtual “field trips”
Distance education as well as on-campus
Virtual “experiments” for physical sciences
Historical recreation for social sciences
3D data visualization for various fields
• Provided an overview of concept of 3D Internet
• At this point of time we are facing an unique opportunity of
evolution of internet towards much more versatile, interactive
and usable version i.e 3D INTERNET.
• There are still many research challenges on the way.
• We can use the existing hype as the driver of research and
realization of 3D INTERNET.
• 3D internet is a step ahead to future which could serve for not only
as metaverse but will change the way we perceive internet of today.