5. Team 2
1. The current Minister of Petroleum and
2. In India, a Metropolitan area has population
of ten lakhs or greater (True/False)
3. Id this.
4. Sri U D Acharya is the CEO of …..
5. By what common name we know Sahyadri
7. Team 3
• How many digits are there in Indian PIN codes?
• India’s only Rainforest Research Centre is located
in which village of Karnataka?
• Id this folk dance native to Tulu Nadu.
• To compete, competency must be turned to
• Id this logo.
9. Team 4
• Konkan Range starts from which district in
• Id him.
• As per CIPD survey, more than 80% of Managers
time goes in Talent Management. True/False
• In roman numeral chart, if L=50, C=100, ?=500
• Who is also known as Purna Prajna and Ananda
11. Team 5
• By what other popular name is Konkan belt
• The Indian Express was founded by P.
Varadarajulu Naidu. If northern editions are still
called as Indian Express, What are southern
editions called as?
• What will you register under Section 154 of the
• Moneyplant are ATMs run by which Bank?
• In MCT, if M=The Manipal Group, C= chanwanich,
then T stands for?
13. Team 6
• Id this traditional race.
• Babu Moshai is the dialogue from which famous
evergreen Hindi Movie?
• Delivering brilliance is the tagline of …….
• Piggy scheme was launched by which bank to promote
saving habit in rural people?
• Name the founder of Dvaita School of Hindu
• With which MNC Manipal University has
signed a Memorandum of Understanding with
on 21-11-2013 for establishing a Centre of
Excellence in Automation Technologies. The
major technologies that will be present in the
center are Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Sensors,
Electrical Drives and Controls, Mechatronics
and Robotics along with Lean Management
MEMG company Manipal Integrated Services
(MIS) is investing around Rs 800 crore to build
hostel rooms for its burgeoning universities in
India and abroad. They have branded it as YoHo.
What does YoHo stands for?
29. Part 1: Think Global
Total 6 questions in clockwise order. (Buzzer Round)
When a team pounces and gives correct answer, +15
When a team pounces and gives incorrect answer, 10 points.
On regular bounces, no negative marking, +10
points on correct answer.
30. 1. The Bay Psalm Book, one of 11
surviving copies of the first book
printed in America was in news. Why?
31. • Sold in record at Sotheby’s auction- $14.2 mn
42. Think Current
Total 6 questions in anti-clockwise order. (Buzzer Round)
When a team pounces and gives correct answer, +15 points.
When a team pounces and gives incorrect answer, -10 points.
On regular bounces, no negative marking, +10 points on correct answer.
On July 1, three districtsBhiwani and Mahendragarh
districts of Haryana and X
district in Rajasthan
became part of the
National Capital Region
(NCR). Id X.
This action of self-portrayal
thru smartphones or webcam
has been selected as the word
of the year by the Oxford
Dictionaries, thanks a 17,000
percent rise in its usage from a
year ago. Which word?
• This word literally means an improvised arrangement
or work-around, which has to be used because of lack
• It has its roots in a vehicle that is assembled using
different parts and used for transportation in rural
• It has gathered a community of enthusiasts, believing it
to be the proof of Indian bubbling creativity, or a costeffective way to solve the issues of everyday life
• English word for it is Makeshift and Sanskrit word is
Gary Hamel and C K Prahlad coined this term and gave the
three tests to find whether they are firm’s true ………
1. Relevance: Firstly, It must give customer something that
strongly influences him or her to choose the product or
2.Difficulty of imitation: Secondly, it should be difficult to
imitate. This allows you to provide products that are better
than those of your competition. And because you're
continually working to improve these skills, means that you
can sustain its competitive position.
3. Breadth of application: Thirdly, it should be something
that opens up a good number of potential markets. If it only
opens up a few small, niche markets, then success in these
markets will not be enough to sustain significant growth.
• Which MNC decided in 2012 to cut 27,000 jobs --around 8 percent of its global workforce --- in an
effort to restructure the company to bolster its
bottom line by taking $3--3.5 billion in savings
and invest it in R&D. They also created the metric
that measures research spending divided by gross
margins for each new product line. This helps it to
focus its resources on innovations that maximise
• This product by Godrej (inspired on their 3L vision) is a classic example of
Disruptive Innovation, a term of art coined by Professor Clayton
Christensen, which describes a process by which a product or service takes root
initially in simple applications, at the bottom of a market and then relentlessly
moves ‘up market’, eventually displacing established competitors.
• Robert Propst concluded from his studies that during the 20th Century the
office environment had changed substantially, particularly in relation to
the amount of information being processed. The amount of information
an employee had to analyze, organize, and maintain had increased
dramatically. Despite this, the basic layout of the corporate office had
remained largely unchanged, with employees sitting behind rows of
traditional desks in a large open room, devoid of privacy. Propst's studies
suggested that an open environment actually reduced communication
between employees, and impeded personal initiative. On this, Propst
commented "One of the regrettable conditions of present day offices is
the tendency to provide a formula kind of sameness for everyone.“
Hence, originated the concept of X in office environment. In 1960 Herman
Miller created the Herman Miller Research Corporation under the
direction of Robert Propst, and the supervision of George Nelson and first
modern X was conceptualized as action office II. Give me X.
75. Think Stuff
5 pictures to be shown on screen one-by-one
+5 points for identifying correctly and naming
each picture on sheet.
All the five pictures will be suggestive of or
will refer/ indicate to a common theme.
+50/-25 on pouncing on the first pic, +40/-20
on pouncing on the 2nd pic, +30/-15 on
pouncing on the 3rd pic, +20/-10 on pouncing
on the 4th pic and +10/-5 on pouncing on the
• Proof of existence of use of hydraulic
technology dates back to Indus Valley
Civilization, who were supposed to be
pioneers in the field of engineering. Which
modern day waste treatment system is based
on this? Be specific.