3. Some Assumptions
• Innovation = doing something new.
• There is always change, and therefore
always something new;
• Our communities are constantly changing;
• Libraries are the heart of our communities,
therefore we must innovate to anticipate and
adapt to change;
• Libraries are both a community, and an
organization; we serve internal and external
6. Innovation sounds great, but it’s
• How can we avoid the creativity-killing
anxiety that arises
surrounding being told to innovate?
• Is there ever a time when something
is going so well that we should stop
innovating for a while?
• How can we tell?
Source: Lankes, 2011