The signature project has been named a National Finalist in the 2016 Ragan Communications Nonprofit Public Relations Awards competition, http://www.prdaily.com/mediarelations/Articles/21163.aspx.
The Athens-Limestone Community Association renovated the historic Trinity High School into the Pincham-Lincoln Center. Founded in 1865 by the American Missionary Association, Trinity was the only high school for black students in Limestone County, Alabama before integration. The school was built on Fort Henderson, an earthen-work fortress built by Union soldiers during the American Civil War. The school closed in 1970 due to a desegregation court order. ALCA, started in 1981, made Trinity and Fort Henderson its mission to preserve one of Athens' oldest historical landmarks. Through a partnership with ALCA, City of Athens and Limestone County, grants and years of fundraising, ALCA was proud to open the Pincham-Lincoln Center at the Trinity-Fort Henderson Complex 45 years after the school closed.