What is SoLoMo?
SOCIAL | LOCAL | MOBILE
• It emerged as a result of the growing popularity of
• It provides greater local precision to search engine
results than what's available via a PC.
• Consumer Perspective: integration of one’s social media
platforms and physical location with one’s mobile device.
à Social mobile application that has …
• Physical location detection: Google Maps, Waze, etc.
• Available Interaction: Whatsapp, Viber, etc.
• Information input: Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare,
• Obtain Information: Click the City, Zomato, etc.
What is SoLoMo?
• Business Perspective:
• opportunity to micro-target prospective consumers
at any time, place or instance by sharing relevant
information or promotional materials.
• Social media - platform to relay important
messages and to reach your target market.
• Local - area of concentration by a relevant
• Mobile – medium of connection between your
brand and customers.
Brands that use SoLoMo
• Nike: Nike+ is their SoLoMo approach to exercise
• American Express: Amex card to sync with your
Foursquare account and then check in for deals and
• Starbucks: Value through frequency
• Mini Cooper: Mini Getaway Stockholm 2010 mobile game
• Starwood: Check in and earn loyalty points
• Jimmy Choo: Trainer hunt – Follow their new trainers’
stylish journey around London
Consumers will easily know what’s HOT and what’s NOT.
Impact of SoLoMo on E-Commerce
Since everything is digitalized, it is very easy for the ECommerce industry to continuously improve itself. There is
this need to bridge the gap between the online and offline
world, which can actually be done by SoLoMo.
SOCIAL drives TRAFFIC
LOCAL drives ACTION
MOBILE drives OPPORTUNITY
SoLoMo will do E-Commerce 100x improvement.
The Future of SoLoMo
• Power will be in the hands of consumers. Thus, Businesses
must innovate and modernize to belong and compete.
“So what’s the bottom line? The explosion of mobile technology has
elevated the concept of contextual relevance in digital marketing;
mobile users now expect businesses to provide contextually relevant
online resources that inform, entertain, or resolve. In short, SoLoMo
has shifted power to the consumers, and they know it. To stay relevant,
businesses need to get social, think local, and spend on mobile.”
– Socialmediatoday.com’s Jacey Gulden
• SoLoMo will be able to provide its consumers the REAL
EXPERIENCE. Everything firsthand.
• Bridging the gap between the online and offline world.