Tourism in China : Few famous places to Vist (Not to miss!)
• Tourism in China has greatly expanded over the last few decades since the
beginning of reform & opening. China has become one of the world's mostwatched and hottest inbound and outbound tourist markets.
• China is the third most visited country in the world. The number of overseas
tourists was 75.98 million in 2012.
Foreign exchange income was 45.8 billion U.S dollars the world's 3RD largest in
• The number of domestic tourist visits totalled 2.1 billion, with a total income of
977.1 billion yuan.
• According to the WTO, in 2020, China will become the largest tourist country and
among the largest for overseas travel.
• China's tourism revenue reached $300 billion in 2012.
• There are as much as 60 outstanding cities which can be toured for 365
days a year
• Direct flights from Delhi.
• China Eastern and Singapore Airlines – Cheap, fast and 1 stop.
• Jet Airways and Air India – Expensive, fast and 1 stop.
• By road – Long tour and equally expensive.
• By Ship – Long- via Srilanka and more expensive.
• Beijing is definitely one of the most visited
cities in the world.
• Beijing is a city for all seasons. You can
always find something for you no matter what
time you are in Beijing and and whatever your
• There are actually hundreds of tourist scenic
spots and historical sites in Beijing.
Whether you plan to buy
curios and tourist souvenirs
flavor, or you are keen on
seeking quality products from
world famous brands, you will
find the city truly a shopper's
The bund &
Pearl tv tower
There are many distinctive
Chinese snacks you may like to
try when you visit the country.
When you get tired of the local
dishes and want variety, the
following pieces will surely be
good news for you.
Westgate Mall, Plaza 66
and Citic Plaza are the
main force of this busy
commercial area. It
gathers several luxury
Guangzhou also know as Canton West
Capital of Guangdong province in China's south.
Location: Situated on the Pearl River
Climate : Guangzhou has a humid climate, and flowers bloom there all year
round; hence its name as the City of Flowers.
Population : 12.78 million.
Flourishing industrial and foreign trade centre in south China.
It is a key national transportation hub and trading port.
It is not only an economic boomtown but also a great place to discover
Cantonese food and traditions.
• Cantonese Cuisine is one of China's Eight Most Famous Cuisine, and Guangzhou
is the city gathers the most tasty Cantonese Cuisine in China.
White Cut Chicken
Special Roasted Whole Suckling Pig
Eight Bao Chinese Winter Melon
Hefen- Rice Noodle
Places to visit
Pearl River Cruise
White Clouds Mountain
Chen Family Ancestral Temple
• Xi'an is the first of China's Four Great Ancient Capitals and played a
very important part in Chinese history.
Xi'an is characterized by and proud of its ancient heritage, and rightly so.
• The immaculately restored and mighty city-wall still dominates the centre of
the city, with traffic navigating through underpasses in its girth. Many
modern buildings are in keeping with ancient style, especially the roofs.
• Called the birthplace of China's civilization
• The capital city of 13 imperial dynasties
• Many ancient ruins
• Xi'an, the capital city of Shaanxi Province, is one of the six ancient capitals in
The accommodation fee in this developed tourist city is lower comparing with
Beijing and Shanghai.
• Xi’an Bell Tower hotels are highly recommended. The Bell Tower, one of
Xian’s most popular attractions, is within walking distance to many other
famous attractions of central Xi’an, including the Ancient City Wall and Muslim
Food Street and Shaanxi History Museum.
• Xi’an Xianyang Airport hotels are good for a stopover near the Airport.
Guan Tang Baozi
Biang Biang Noodles
Yang Rou Pao Mo
Places to visit
– the terracotta warriors
– Huashan (Flower Mountain)
– Shaanxi History Museum
– Banpo Museum
– Xianyang Museum
– Hukou Waterfall
– Tang Dynasty Show with Dumpling Banquet
– evening fountain and music show at the square in front of Big Wild
Tang Dynasty Show
Big Wild Goose Pagoda
• Major city in the south of Southern China, north of Hong
• China's 1st and one of the most successful Special Economic
• Being China's major financial centre, it is home to
the Shenzhen Stock Exchange and the headquarters of
numerous high-tech companies.
• One of the busiest container ports in China.
• In the northeast of the Guangxi, sitting on the west bank of
the Li River
• Its name means "forest of Sweet Osmanthus", owing to the
large number of fragrant Sweet Osmanthus trees located in
• The city has long been renowned for its unique scenery of
Karst topography and is one of China's most popular tourist
Lijiang Folk Customs Garden
Capital of Zhejiang province
Covers total area of 16596 sq. km
Climate: subtropical monsoon climate with
mild and moist weather
• Average temperature:16.2C
• Rainfall: Annual average rainfall of 1450 mm
• The City with Two Faces., Las Vegas of the
• Portugese colony once.
• Now its a seggregated island.
• Scenic beauty of beaches and old Christianity
• The streets and houses resemble the Portugese
• People from all-around the globe.
• Main relegion is Christianity.
Famous touristic attractions include:
• Ruins of St.Pauls
Black Sand Beach
& many more
• Macau contribute
for about 2% of
• The tourism industry has been an important
part of the economy of Hongkong since it
shifted to a service sector model in the late
1980s and early 90s. There has been a sharp
increase of tourists from Mainland China, due
to the introduction of the Indivisual Visit
Scheme (IVS) in 2003.
• Spectacular wonder- Hongkong International
MAIN TOURISTIC ATTRACTIONS
• Madame tussauds
• Ocean world
generate for about
17% of chinese