Room No: 317, Gardens
• A focused professional with nearly 5 years of quantifiable experience in Retail
Buying &Merchandising, Planning, Business Development and Team
Management in the Retail Industry.
• Handling entire planning of Children department which contributes to more
than 40 % of entire business and does a turnover of 100 Mn Annually
• Responsible for Forecasting , Inventory Management, OTB and Mark Down
• Experience in Driving Top and Bottom Lines Across Diverse Business Models.
• Have handled Multiple product category- Apparels, Furniture
• Domain Knowledge in Oracle, IBM Cognos
Twenty4 Fashion (B.M.A International) Dubai U.A.E Nov’13-Present
• Building Annual Financial Business Plan yearly and quarterly for the Division/
Dept./ Class/ Sub Class at Store-level to ensure achievement through
• Establishing Seasonal Buy Plans, in alignment with the Sales Plans/ strategy
• Markdown Management –In season and EOSS.
• Tracking the Achievement and Sell-thru numbers on periodic intervals and
working on solutions to cover-up on the deficits.
• Range Planning and selection to reflect the brand strategy while
understanding the requirements of the target markets and fulfilling the
Area/store specific needs.
• Ensuring proper range mix of the division in-terms of Top-Bottom ratio, Core
Range vs. Fashion, Knit vs. woven and multiple price-points.
• Identifying gaps in the range and finding ways through additional Product
lines to plug-in the same.
• OTB working
• Pricing keeping in mind competition price benchmarking and company
• Monitoring and Controlling inventory levels through sell thru analysis / stock
cover report –current and forward/Periodic Replenishments check/Stock turn/
Inter Country and intra Country transfers
• Managing markdowns on old stocks based on targeted margins/ PLC
• Co-ordinate with the regional teams on a regular basis to ensure weekly and
monthly product and merchandising objectives are achieved.
:Key achievements in job:
• Was instrumental in achieving the Sales Budget by 5% by maintaining
Optimal Level of Inventory
• Was Instrumental in Reducing the Mark down by 4% ensuring timely flow of
stocks and Inventory Management
• Introduced a New Format where Style wise Performance can be monitored on
a weekly basis region wise which resulted in Higher Stock Turns
• Improved Category Intake/Realized Margin by proper Forecasting/Inventory
Management ,resulting in increasing the Margin by 3 %
Home Town( Furniture Division of Future Group) July’10-Oct’13
Merchandising and Planning:
• Range Planning and product mix which includes Product range width, Product
Mix, Product Profitability analysis
• Assortment planning for New Store , Planogram
• Working out the Top Selling articles, High STR (Stock Turnover Ratio) and
Low STR articles, enable to create liquidation plans and infuse buying plan
• Assortment planning on the basis of the historical data and category analysis.
Key achievements in job:
• Was instrumental in increasing the sales of category from 40 crorers ( July
2009 to June 2010) to 50 crores ( July 2010 to June 2011)
• Reducing the level of inventory for the products by 10 lakhs within a week by
providing attractive offers
• Successfully Implemented an Internal process (Automatic Replenishment
System) through which stocks gets automatically replenished through the
system which lead to increase in sales by more than 50 lakhs in a Month’s
• Was able to increase the Margin by 4 % by reducing the inventory holding
cost , Transit cost
• 2010: MBA (Marketing) with 66.04 %
• 2007: B.Tech(Computer Science) with 7.65 CGPA
• 2003: XII th, Tamil Nadu Board with 80.75 %
• 2001: X ,CBSE with 65 %
• MS : Oracle ERP, Excel , Power Point
I hereby declare that the information furnished above is true to the best of my
knowledge and belief