Get in the Action
Into Action In
Action Research is a:
“Systematic inquiry conducted by teachers
and other educators to find solutions for
critical, challenging, relevant issues in their
classrooms and schools.”
Mills, Geoffrey E, Action Research: A Guide for the Teacher
Content of this slide is taken from the action research presentation available
How is action research related
to our work as SLMCs?
• NC Professional Standards
• Evidence based practice
• Process identifies needs and may
help find solutions
• Results may be used for advocacy
• Findings will help you make
data driven decisions
ConnectionTo Our Professional
Standard 5. School library media coordinators
reflect on their practice.
Element a. School library media coordinators analyze student
learning. School library media coordinators use formative and
summative assessments to collect data about student learning
in the library media center and its impact on student
achievement. They use multiple sources and types of data to
improve their professional practice.
Accomplished and Distinguished
• Conducts action research to determine the impact of the school
library media program on student achievement.
• Leverages resources to implement action research findings.
• Advocates for changes to the school library media program
guided by action research findings.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to use action research findings
in the implementation of the school library media program.
Unless otherwise noted, images in this
presentation are in the public domain without
the requirement for attribution.They are
accessible on Pixabay.com