• Jebel Ali Port is DP Worlds flagship port, is amongst the worlds largest man-made harbours and the largest container port between Asia and Europe.• Jebel Ali Port is Located 35 Km to the southwest of Dubai, on the United Arab Emirates’ Arabian Gulf coast.• The ports strategic geographic location close to the major east-west trades routes has enabled it to act as a maritime link between the Far East and the western hemisphere and it provides gateway access to a market of more than 2
• Jebel Ali is fully equipped to meet the needs of local and international supply chain.• It is a technologically advanced facility, employing state-of-the-art equipment, including the worlds largest gantry cranes capable of lifting four 20 foot containers or two 40 foot containers simultaneously- a total capacity of 80 tonnes, twice that of traditional cranes.• These improvements have enabled the port to cater to the new generation of mega-ships (15,000+ TEU class)
• Jebel Ali Port is located in Jebel Ali Free Zone, which houses more than 6400 companies active in manufacturing, trade, logistics and a range of industrial and service-orientated sectors.• Companies located in the zone enjoy access to Jebel Alis first-class port facilities and the privileges of the free zone.
• Jebel Ali Port plays a vital role in serving the world markets with more than 170 shipping lines and more than 90 plus weekly services connecting the Jebel Ali port to over 100 ports worldwide.• Jebel Ali Ports Container Terminals are equipped with a total of 22 berths and 79 cranes to cater to the world’s largest container vessels.• The facility can accommodate ships of any size in existence and on the order book.• The largest vessel handled by the Jebel Ali
• In 2011, DP World, UAE Region achieved a throughput 13 million TEU, creating a new benchmark in its performance. According to Containerization International (2010), Jebel Ali Port is the world’s 9th largest container port.
• The Jebel Ali Port plays a significant role in serving the gulf, Indian Subcontinent, and African Markets.• The diversity of the region and the markets served through Jebel Ali Port are reflected in the nature of the cargo imported and exported.• The port is strengthened by the high degree of specialisation in the storage and handling of all kinds of cargo at its facilities including bulk, breakbulk, and RoRo.
• Jebel Ali’s General Cargo facility covers a total storage area of over 1.3 million sqm consisting of 30 berths.• This includes 1.2 million sqm of open storage and 100,000 sqm of covered storage area.• Jebel Ali Port combines unparalleled access by sea, air and land with a multitude of modern facilities, a wide choice of logistics service providers and excellent connections with the hinterland.