What do you get in your mind by listening the word Art?
- Is it a Painting? Or a Sculpture? Or a decorative design?
2. The Word Arts is derived from Latin word “Ars” ( Practical Skill)
In Hindi we call it as “Kala”, in Sanskrit its “Kal” (Beautiful)
A range of human activities in creating visuals or performing
artifacts from creators imagination or an idea is called ARTS.
3. Every child is an artist. The problem is to remain an artist once they grow up
But still, you can’t find even a single man made thing in this world which is made
with out the help of drawing e.g Chair which you are sitting or a house you stay.
So every thing is drawn first.
4. Art is the oldest subject of Man-Kind. Even before any civilization or paper or
language, there was art on the walls of the caves.
5. Do you know that, earlier art is not called as “kala” it is called as “Shilp”
“Any person who is not having the knowledge of Literature,
Music or Art is not more then an animal,but it just differences in horns and
- Bruhat hari (Indan Scholar, 5th century
From above statement, one thing we can understand Art is different from music
and literature, and then from here onwards Art was called Kala in India.
6. In India there are two major literatures which talks about Fine Arts in detail,
Nrutya Sastram by Barath muni Vishnu darmothara Puranan
which is a part of Vishnu Puranam
In this Ch. 35 to 43 are called “Chitra sutra”.
7. This two literatures mainly states that
“Fine arts is the Chef among all other arts, in which
Dharm (Demands of body) – Arath (Means) – Kama (Desire) – Moksh (Liberation)
8. Visual Arts
2D Art Sculptures Architectures
(Painting, Sketching ect.,) (It’s a 3D arts, made up (Constructions)
of wood, stone, metal ect..)
• An artist should care all the 6 limbs of art, when they make artwork.
• However there are no definite rules, nether an artist should follow any certain rules.
• These six limbs or principals are presented just like guidance.
• All artists should continue to carry out effects and practice regularly to develop their
style of art .
11. Some forms of arts
• Pencil sketches ( All Basics shapes and forms, Imaginary drawing, Portraits,
• Sketches & portraits with charcoal (Imaginary Figures, Human Anatomy)
• Using Crayons & soft pastels
• Water colour paintings (Imaginary Figures, Portraits & Landscapes)
• Acrylic paintings (Imaginary Figures, Kalamkari, Tanjavru, Murala, Portraits,
• Oil Paintings (Imaginary Figures, Kalamkari, Tanjavur, Murala, Portraits ,
• Graffiti, Illusion , tattoo
• Digital Painting (Imaginary Figures, Painting & Illustrations)