THE GREY CELLS
• FOLLOWING ARE SOME COMMEMMORATION STAMPS. ID PLEASE.
• POINTS AS PER THE PRICE.
• OFFICERS’ TRAINING ACADEMAY NSWERS
• INDIAN SCIENCE CONGRESS
• VISIT OF THE EMPEROR OF JAPAN
• PGI CHANDIGARH
• RESHMI RUMAL ANDOLAN
• YURI GAGARIN
• CENTRAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
• HARI SINGH NALWA
• V SHANTARAM
• FIELD POST OFFICE
+10 ON DIRECT QUESTION
+10/-10 ON POUNCE
1.• IT WAS A ROYAL NAVY 74 GUN GANGES CLASS THIRD
RATED SHIP OF THE LINE.
• LAUNCHED ON 19 JUNE 1810.
• NAMED AFTER A GERMAN TOWN AND A BATTLE OF THE
SAME NAME FOUGHT IN 1759, DURING THE SEVEN
• SHE WAS LAUNCHED FROM THE DUNCAN DOCKS IN
• THE MOST SIGNIFICANT PART IT PLAYED IN HISTORY
• ID THE SHIP AND THIS COMPOSITION.
JEAN FALKINER WAS THE BEGUM OF PALAMPUR,
ON WHOM LORD MOUNTBATTEN BESTOWED
UPON THE TITLE OF HER HIGHNESS. THIS WAS
HIS LAST JOB AS VICEROY OF INDIA.
• WHAT WAS THE REASON BEHIND THE
APPOINTMENT OF BJP MARGDARSHAK
MANDAL, COMPRISING THE TRINITY ADVANI,
MM JOSHI AND AB VAJPAYEE.
• GURDIT SINGH SANDHU FROM SARHALI, WAS A WELL-TO-DO FISHERMAN IN
SINGAPORE WHO WAS AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS THAT PUNJABIS WERE FACING
IMMIGRATING TO CANADA DUE TO CERTAIN EXCLUSION LAWS. HE WANTED TO
CIRCUMVENT THESE LAWS BY HIRING A BOAT TO SAIL FROM CALCUTTA
TO VANCOUVER. HIS AIM WAS TO HELP HIS COMPATRIOTS WHOSE PREVIOUS
JOURNEYS TO CANADA HAD BEEN BLOCKED.
• THOUGH GURDIT SINGH WAS APPARENTLY AWARE OF REGULATIONS WHEN HE
CHARTERED THE X IN JANUARY 1914, HE CONTINUED WITH HIS PURPORTED
GOAL OF CHALLENGING THE CONTINUOUS JOURNEY REGULATION AND OPENING
THE DOOR FOR IMMIGRATION FROM INDIA TO CANADA.
• AT THE SAME TIME, IN JANUARY 1914, HE PUBLICLY ESPOUSED
THE GHADARITE CAUSE WHILE IN HONG KONG. THE GHADAR PARTY WAS AN
ORGANIZATION FOUNDED BY INDIANS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA IN
JUNE 1913 WITH THE AIM TO LIBERATE INDIA FROM BRITISH RULE. IT WAS ALSO
KNOWN AS THE HINDI ASSOCIATION OF THE PACIFIC COAST.
• WHAT INCIDENT IS BEING REFERRED TO HERE?
6. • THIS AMERICAN TV SERIES BOSS FOLLOW TOM
KANE, THE MAYOR OF CHICAGO, WHO HAS
RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH DEMENTIA
WITH LEWY BODIES, A DEGENERATIVE
NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER. DETERMINED TO
REMAIN IN CHARGE, KANE CONCEALS THE
DISEASE FROM EVERYONE AROUND HIM
EXCEPT HIS OWN PHYSICIAN, DR. ELLA HARRIS.
• WHY IS THIS SERIES IN NEWS FOR PAST FEW
• X TASTES SWEET AND SOUR AT THE SAME TIME. ITS TASTE IS LARGELY
DOMINATED BY THE FLAVORS OF HONEY, GHEE AND TRIPHALA, AND SMELL
BY GHEE AND OTHER SPICES LIKE SANDALWOOD, CINNAMON, CARDAMOM ETC.
ITS APPEARANCE RESEMBLES TO SEMI-MOLTEN TAR I.E. IT IS A DARK BROWN
THICK PASTE LIKE SUBSTANCE. CLARIFIED BUTTER, CINNAMON AND OTHER
SPICES USED IN IT CONTRIBUTE TO ITS SMELL.
• VARIOUS INDIAN HOLY BOOKS LIKE MAHABHARAT, PURANASS ETC., RELATE THAT
THE 'ROYAL VAIDS', NAMED 'ASHWINI KUMAR BROTHERS', THE TWINS, WHO WERE
MEDICAL ADVISERS TO DEVAS DURING VEDIC TIMES (10,000 YEARS AGO), FIRST
PREPARED THIS FORMULATION FOR Y AT HIS ASHRAM ON DHOSI
HILL NEAR NARNAUL, HARYANA, INDIA, HENCE THE NAME X. THE FIRST
HISTORICALLY DOCUMENTED FORMULA FOR X APPEARS IN CHARAKA SAMHITA.
• GIVE X AND Y.
A O SALAZAR, PORTUGUESE
LIBERATION OF GOA, FROM
WHOM J K
ROWLING TOOK THE NAME
The 1950 FIFA World Cup was probably one of the few versions where
arranging 16 teams was a tough task for FIFA. They banned allies of
Germany, except for Italy which automatically qualified being the winners
0f 1938 WC. The only slot given to Asia was filled by India due to the
refusal of Philippines, Indonesia and Burma was participate in the
qualifiers. Scotland and Turkey refused after the qualifiers, but FIFA
managed to fill one slot with France.After the groups were made, France
withdrew citing large distance travels between group matches and India
citing many reasons like cost, practise, team selection and olympics by
Had India participated,there would have been two nations making a debut
at the WC finals and eventually there was only was only one
10. • THE FIRST COMMANDANT WAS LT COL H.L. HOUGHTON OF THE SIKH
REGIMENT WHO TOOK CHARGE ON 22 FEBRUARY 1922.
• HIRA LAL ATAL WAS THE FIRST CADET CAPTAIN AND LATER AS
ADJUTANT GENERAL OF THE INDIAN UNION, MAJOR GENERAL HIRA
LAL ATAL OVERSAW DESIGNING OF X
• WAS ORIGINALLY RUN ON THE LINES OF AN ENGLISH PUBLIC
SCHOOL - WELLOCK COLLEGE, A FEEDER TO SANDHURST.
• IT IS LOCATED ON THE PREMISES OF THE IMPERIAL CADET CORPS
(ALSO CALLED RAJWADA CAMP), SET AMIDST 55 HECTARES (140
ACRES) OF COUNTRYSIDE ADJACENT TO THE GARHI VILLAGE IN
• GIVE THE INSTITUTION AND X.
• X IS A RICE BASED DISH WITH ORIGINS IN KARNATAKA.
• IT TRANSLATES TO ‘HOT LENTIL RICE’ IN KANNADA.
• COMMONLY FOUND IN RESTAURANTS SERVING UDUPI CUISINE.
• PPD USING TOOR DAL, ASAFOETIDA, NUTMEG, CURRY LEAVES, TAMARIND
• X WAS A FRENCH-BORN INDIAN AVIATOR AND BUSINESS TYCOON.
HE ALSO SERVED IN THE FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION FOR ONE
YEAR IN THE REGIMENT LE SAPHIS DURING THE SECOND WORLD
WAR. HE WAS CONFERRED THE HONORARY RANK OF GROUP
CAPTAIN BY THE INDIAN AIR FORCE AND WAS LATER PROMOTED
TO THE AIR VICE MARSHAL RANK. IN 1983, HE WAS AWARDED THE
FRENCH LEGION OF HONOUR AND, IN 1992, INDIA'S HIGHEST
CIVILIAN AWARD, THE BHARAT RATNA. ON HIS DEATH, THE INDIAN
PARLIAMENT WAS ADJOURNED IN HIS MEMORY – AN HONOUR
NOT USUALLY GIVEN TO PERSONS WHO ARE NOT MEMBERS OF
FILL IT UP
NOW A LIST OF INDIA’S MOST FAMOUS
FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. GIVE THE MISSING
+3 for each correct
+15 if you get all correct
• 1.--------------- THE ULTIMATE COMBINATION OF BRAIN AND BRAWN.
• 2.---------------- INDIA’S ANSWER TO WESTERN SUPERHEROES. A MIDDLE AGED MAN, DEVOID OF
MASKS OR CAPES(AND MUSCLE), DONNING A WINTER VELVET SUIT WITH INNUMERABLE
• 4.--------------- EVERY INDIAN CAN RELATE TO HIM IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. A DISTRESSED
COMMON MAN ILL-TREATED BY CORRUPT OFFICIALS.
• 5. COMMON MAN
• 6.---------------- 6’2” BLUE EYED LONGEST RUNNING INDIAN ACTION COMIC SUPERHERO.
CHARISMATIC PERSONA, GREEN SUIT, CURLY HAIR (AND SNAKES!)
• 7. SUPER COMMANDO DHRUV
• 8.---------------- THE ANTIHERO IN INDIAN COMIC INDUSTRY. WITH HIS EXTRAORDINARY
PHYSICAL STRENGTH AND ABILITY TO DODGE BULLETS, HE KICKS ASS OF VILLAINS SUCH AS
KAAL PAHELIYA, BIHARI BHAI ETC. HE CAN COMMUNICATE WITH DOGS TOO.
• 9.UNCLE ANU.
• 10.----------------- YAKOOOO! CHARACTER IMMORTALISED BY AKHILENDRA MISHRA WITH HIS EVIL(OR FUNNY
• 11.------------------JUNGLE JUNGLE BAAT CHALI H…
• 12.---------------------- THE SWEET LITTLE GIRL WE SAW DURING BREAKFAST.
• 13.-------------- HE IS THE ONLY MAN WHO DESERVES TO WIN BHARAT RATNA:16 YEARS OF SERVICE, SOLVED
503/503 CASES, LOST EYES BUT RECOVERED, LOST ENTIRE TEAM IN BOMB BLAST BUT ALL RETURNED
WITHOUT A SCRATCH, NEVER TAKES A BREAK.
• 14.------------------INDIA’S ANSWER TO HOLMES AND POIROT. LIKES BEING CALLED SATYANVESHI.
• 15.SAM D’SILVAAND GOPI.
• 16.CAPTAIN VYOM
• 17.RAJA AND RANCHO
• 18.-------------------- A MINISTER WITH EVIL PLANS TO KILL RAJA HOOJA
• 19.-------------------- A SHIKARI, INSPIRED BY A CHARACTER IN I LOVE LUCY
• 20.KESHAV KULKARNI
• 21.SARABHAI FAMILY
• 22.----------------------- A HEN-PECKED CLERK WHO GETS BOSSED AROUND IN THE OFFICE TOO, AND DAYDREAMS
OF HOW TO TAKE REVENGE ON BOSS, WIFE AND FIL. DIRECTED BY PRAKASH JHA.
• 23.-------------------------- COLLECTION OF THE NARRATIONS OF A GHOST TO A VIRTUOUS
• 24.SIMPOO SINGH SONDHI
• 25. ------------------------THE MOST COMIC SCREEN COUPLE ON INDIAN TELEVISION.
NOTOURIOSLY STUPID REMRKS AND ACTIONS. “MAIN TOH THAK GAYI BHAAISHAAB”.
INFINITE REBOUND 2
+10 ON DIRECT
+10/-5 ON POUNCE
• IT FORMS THE CENTRAL PART OF PANINI’S GRAMMAR. FOUNDATION OF THE SANSKRIT
• EXTREMELY COMPACT WITHOUT SACRIFICING COMPLETENESS.
• CONSEQUENCE: HIGHLY UNINTUITIVE STRUCTURE, REMINISCENT OF MODERN NOTATIONS
SUCH AS “BACKUS-NAUR FORM”
• CONSISTS OF 3,959 SUTRAS (SŪTRĀṆI) OR RULES, DISTRIBUTED AMONG EIGHT CHAPTERS,
WHICH ARE EACH SUBDIVIDED INTO FOUR SECTIONS OR PADAS (PĀDĀḤ).
2.Dekh Bhai Dekh was one of the most popular comedy Hindi sitcom created,
developed, edited, directed by Anand Mahendroo. The show was produced by X
under the banner of Saraswati Audio Visuals Pvt Ltd. It starred Shekhar
Suman, Navin Nischol, Farida Jalal, Bhavana Balsavar, Deven Bhojani, Sushma
Seth, Vishal Singh and Nattasha Singh in lead roles.
X is recognised as one of the finest Hindi film actresses of her time, particularly
known for reinforcing a naturalistic style of acting in both mainstream and "middle-of-the-
road" cinema. During her career, she has won nine Filmfare Awards including
three for Best Actress and three for Best Supporting Actress, which makes her the
overall most-awarded performer in the female acting categories, along with Nutan.
Who is X?
“There's four of us porkis actively working on X and we do not yet have a
photograph together,” wrote Arvind when a journalist contacted him for a story on X.
“We would love to answer your questions, full josh and putting masala,” he said.
Arun Ranganathan, Arvind Thyagarajan, Vikram Bhaskaran, and Braxton
Robbasson, the four Masthkutteers (as they like to call themselves), who “abscond
between” NYC, San Franscisco and Bangalore, are the “culprits behind X”.
X is a place where one can just chillofi. You can create an account, add words used
in your casual, vernacular conversations or learn new words.Arvind says the
website aims to offer laughter and simple fun.Our central goal is to encourage
people to write, contribute, express themselves, and enjoy the process of sharing
their own unique brand of humour and outlook with the X world.”
What is X ?
• AN ANCIENT INDIAN BOARD GAME, DESCRIBED AS THE ‘ NATIONAL
GAME OF INDIA”
• PLAYED USING SIX COWRIE SHELLS AND BEEHIVE LIKE PIECES.
• THE MOVES ARE DECIDED BASED ON THE NO. OF COWRIE SHELLS
FALLING WITH THEIR OPENINGS UPWARDS; MAX BEING 25 AND MIN 6.
• VARIANTS INCLUDE CHAUSAR, CHAUPAR, SORRY!, LUDO ETC.
He is best known as a wrestler who won a bronze
medal at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki.
The medal which was given to him was the first to
be won by any Indian.Since 1900 when Norman
Pritchard won two silver medals in athletics, India
had won gold medals only in field hockey, a team
sport. He is the only Indian Olympic medalist to
have never received a Padma Award.He was fleet
footed, which made him different from other
wrestlers of his time. English coach Rees Gardner
saw this trait in him and trained him prior to 1948
The X is an account of the early years of Zoroastrian settlers on the
Indian subcontinent. In the absence of alternatives, the text is
generally accepted to be the only narrative of the events described
therein, and many members of the Parsi community perceive the
epic poem to be an accurate account of their ancestors.
The account begins in Greater Khorasan, and narrates the travel of
the emigrants to Gujarat, on the west coast of present-day India.
The first chapter, which is the longest, ends with the establishment
of a Fire Temple. and the later dispersion of their descendants. In
later chapters, it narrates the success in repelling Islamic invaders,
then the failure in the same, and the subsequent flight of the
Zoroastrians. The account closes with a chapter on the conveyance
of the "Fire of the Warharan" to Navsari.
What is X?
• WHILE BEING SELECTED FOR THIS BIG HONORABLE JOB, JAWAHAR LAL
NEHRU ASKED HIM WHAT HE WOULD LIKE TO CHARGE FOR THE JOB, PREM
BEHARI NARAIN RAIZADA REPLIED, “NOT A SINGLE PENNY I NEED. BY THE
GRACE OF GOOD I HAVE ALL THINGS AND QUITE HAPPY WITH MY LIFE. BUT I
HAVE ONE RESERVATION…”
• WHAT JOB WAS HE BEING OFFERED?
CITIES/TOWNS IN INDIA
LONG VISUAL CONNECT
• 8 QUESTIONS.
• +10 FOR EACH CORRECT
• POINTS FOR GUESSING THE THEME INDICATED ON EACH SLIDE.
• X REIGNED OVER A REALM THAT STRETCHED FROM THE HINDU
KUSH MOUNTAINS IN THE WEST TO BENGAL IN THE EAST AND
COVERED THE ENTIRE INDIAN SUBCONTINENT EXCEPT PARTS OF
PRESENT DAY TAMIL NADU AND KERALA. THE EMPIRE'S CAPITAL
WAS PATALIPUTRA (IN MAGADHA, PRESENT-DAY BIHAR), WITH
PROVINCIAL CAPITALS AT TAXILAAND UJJAIN.
• 269 BCE TO 232 BCE
• ALSO REFERRED TO AS ‘PRIYADARSHI’
• HAD FONDNESS FOR THE TREE SHOWN ON NEXT SLIDE.
• CONSIDERED TO BE A PARTIAL INCARNATION OF BRIHASPATI,
THE CELESTIAL PRIEST.
• HE WAS A MASTER OF ADVANCED MILITARY ARTS, INCLUDING
• HE WAS BORN OUT OF THE DESIRE THAT AROSE IN SAGE
BHARADVAJA AFTER HE BEHELD A BEAUTIFUL ‘APSARA’
• NAMED AFTER THE CONTAINER FROM WHICH HE HAD