Some of the many things we will learn
• Strategies for becoming better readers of
fiction and nonfiction text.
• How to find and use information.
• How to give credit to the owners of the
information we use.
• Everything about books and authors we can
squeeze into the year.
• How to use electronic sources and technology
to write and respond to literature.
• How to find “Just Right” books
In the library we will:
• Check out books.
• Be responsible for library materials.
• Follow rules and procedures.
• Use technology to learn and create.
• Read silently
• Listen attentively
• Ask questions and seek answers (research)
• Work cooperatively
• Have fun – games & scavenger hunts
• Come to the library ready to learn:
read, write, research, create, problem-solve,
• Quiet voices
• Walking feet
• Respectful behavior:
politeness, kindness, helpfulness, and
carefulness are character traits appreciated
and expected in the library
• All school rules apply in the library.
• You will earn stars for staying on task,
following rules and procedures, being helpful
• Students with the most stars will earn
• Most stars earned in one day = bookmark
• Most for the month = Library Star Certificate
• Roster will be sent to your classroom teacher.
Reflection desks (2)
• Not following the library rules.
• Go to reflection desk if directed to do so by
librarian or other adult.
• Reflect on your behavior and changes that
need to be made.
• Complete reflection form and turn in to Ms.
Daniel or Mrs. Mac.
• Resume library activities
Give me 5!
1. Eyes on the speaker
2. Ears are listening
3.Mouths are closed
4.Body is still
5.Brain is focused
What else is new in the library?
• Birthday Book Club
• Millionaires Club
• Lost book fines