Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Parsons, The New School for Design
MFA Design and Technology | Design for the Majority, 2010
Professors: Benjamin Bacon & Ji-Ping Chang
• Rates of breast cancer in China are now as low as
• The Journal of the National Cancer Institute predicts
that 100/100,000 of women aged 55-69 by 2021
This trend is attributed to:
• poor diet,
• increased exposure to pollution, and
• growing use of alcohol and tobacco products.
to raise awareness of breast cancer
to offer resources for prevention and early diagnosis
to provide support for patients with breast cancer
• Lack of healthcare information in rural areas
• Lifestyle and diet closely linked to breast cancer
• Self breast exams, x-ray/digital mammography, MRI
routine for identification and treatment
• Oncologist – New York
• GE Imaging Technologies – China
• UK government development officer
• QA for healthcare programs – Ethiopia, Pakistan
On Self-testing for Cancer