BUS 475 Final Exam 5 PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ANSWERS HERE!!!1) Managerial accounting __________.3) The income statement and balance sheet columns of Pine Companys worksheetreflects the following totals: Income Statement Balance Sheet Dr. Cr. Dr. Cr.Totals $58,000 $48,000 $34,000 $44,000The net income (or loss) for the period is __________.4) Of the following companies, which one would not likely employ the specificidentification method for inventory costing?5) The standards and rules that are recognized as a general guide for financialreporting are called __________.6) Disney’s variable costs are 30% of sales. The company is contemplating anadvertising campaign that will cost $22,000. If sales are expected to increase$40,000, by how much will the companys net income increase?7) Balance sheet accounts are considered to be __________.8) Multinational corporations __________.9) What effect do current technology changes have on managerial accounting?10) The cost principle is the basis for preparing financial statements because it is__________.11) Which one of the following items is not generally used in preparing a statementof cash flows?12) The cost of an asset and its fair market value are __________.13) One of Astro Companys activity cost pools is machine setups, with estimatedoverhead of $150,000. Astro produces sparklers (400 setups) and lighters (600setups). How much of the machine setup cost pool should be assigned tosparklers?
14) A well-designed activity-based costing system starts with __________.15) For a college student who wishes to calculate the true costs of going to college,the costs of room and board __________.16) In computing GDP, market prices are used to value final goods and servicesbecause __________.17) In economics, the cost of something is __________.18) A logical starting point from which the study of international trade begins is__________.19) When, in a particular market, the law of demand and the law of supply bothapply, the imposition of a binding price ceiling in that market causes quantitydemanded to be __________.20) What you give up to obtain an item is called your __________.21) One characteristic of an oligopoly market structure is:22) Edward Prescott and Finn Kydland won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 2004.One of their contributions was to argue that if a central bank could convince peopleto expect zero inflation, then the Fed would be tempted to raise output byincreasing inflation. This possibility is known as __________.23) In general, the longest lag for __________.24) The model of short-run economic fluctuations focuses on the price level and__________.25) Real GDP __________.26) Consider two items that might be included in GDP: (1) The estimated rentalvalue of owner-occupied housing; and (2) purchases of newly-constructed homes.How are these two items accounted for when GDP is calculated?27) Which of the following statements about GDP is correct?28) Which of these refers to the practices aimed at discovering and harnessing anorganizations intellectual resources?29) The term used to refer to all kinds of differences including religious affiliation,age, disability status, economic class and lifestyle in addition to gender, race,ethnicity and nationality is:
30) Which of the following has proven to be a particularly good predictor for jobsthat require cognitive complexity?31) When a company establishes technology leadership by pioneering uniqueproducts or services that command premium prices, it has benefited from a:32) Sebastian Stabilio just joined a team of people from throughout his organizationwhose primary task is to recommend valuable uses for the scrap generated in themanufacturing process. The team meets twice per week; otherwise members workwithin the usual organizational structure. The team, not permanent, whichSebastian has joined, would be considered a:33) An organization that is managed aggressively and has growth and high profits asprimary objectives may be considered a(n):34) One of the most important contributors to total quality management has beenthe introduction of statistical tools to analyze the causes of product defects in anapproach called:35) ABC International carefully watches the actions of its most innovativecompetitor and learns from them. ABC can establish a low-cost position by:36) The Aquatic Center, Inc. periodically reviews the goals of the company. Duringthe process, The Aquatic Center managers analyze their current strategies ascompared to their competitors, determine goals that they will pursue and decideupon specific actions for each area of the company to take in pursuit of these goals.The Aquatic Center managers have been engaged in the management function of:37) To be competitive in a global economy, Europeans must increase their level of:38) A series of quality standards developed by a committee working under theInternational Organization for Standardization to improve total quality in allbusinesses for the benefit of both producers and consumers is:39) Teams that work on long-term projects but disband once the work is completedare known as:40) The pursuit of lucrative opportunities by enterprising individuals is called:41) The best way for an employer to find out if a potential employee can do a job isby __________.42) A poll showed that 48 out of 120 randomly chosen graduates of Californiamedical schools last year intended to specialize in family practice. What is the widthof a 90% confidence interval for the proportion that plan to specialize in familypractice?
43) Two events are complementary when __________.44) From its 32 regions, the Federal Aviation Administration selects 5 regions, andthen randomly audits 20 departing commercial flights in each region for compliancewith legal fuel and weight requirements. This is __________.45) Use the following table to answer question: Are Service provider and countyindependent events?46) William used a sample of 68 U.S. cities to estimate the relationship betweenCrime (annual property crimes per 100,000 persons) and Income (median incomeper capita). His estimated regression equation was + .050 Income.Assuming b1 is significant, if Income decreases by 1000 we would predict that Crimewill __________.47) Dullco Manufacturing claims that its alkaline batteries last forty hours onaverage in a certain type of portable CD player. Tests on a random sample of 18batteries showed a mean battery life of 37.8 hours with a standard deviation of 5.4hours.In determining the p-value for reporting the studys findings, which of the followingis true?48) In lean systems, if a defective product is found, which of the following isgenerally NOT done?49) Queuing models use an A/B/C notation. What do these variables represent?50) Suppose the estimated quadratic model + 20 t - t2 is the best-fitting trend ofsales of XYZ Inc. using data for the past twenty years (, 2,.., 20).Which statement is incorrect?51) While glancing over the sensitivity report, you note that the stitching labor has ashadow price of $10 and a lower limit of 24 hours with an upper limit of 36 hours. Ifyour original right hand value for stitching labor was 30 hours, you know that:52) A computer analysis reveals that the best-fitting trend model is e 0.987 t. Thetrend was fitted using year-end common stock prices for Melodic Kortholt Outlet forthe last six years. The R2 is 0.8571.Which conclusion is not correct?53) The Global, Web-Based Platform enables individuals to do which of thefollowing?
54) A set of programs that enable the hardware to process data is _____. 55) _____ is the integration of economic, social, cultural, and ecological facets oflife, enabled by information.56) What is _____ is not necessarily _____.57) Which of the following is not a source for external data?58) The management cockpit best exemplifies which type of system?59) _____ provides users with a view of what is happening, where _____ addresseswhy it is happening.60) International Game Technology’s new ERP system produced all of the followingbenefits except:61) Which of the following is not a reason that managers need IT support?62) Credit card companies would most likely use which of the following to check forfraudulent credit card use?63) Exchange rate risk:64) PepsiCo calculates unlevered betas for each peer group in order to:65) At 8% compounded annually, how long will it take $750 to double?66) Tri State Pickle Company preferred stock pays a perpetual annual dividend of 21/2% of its par value. Par value of TSP preferred stock is $100 per share. If investors’required rate of return on this stock is 15%, what is the value of per share?67) At what rate must $400 be compounded annually for it to grow to $716.40 in 10years?68) Which of the following best represents operating income?69) Given the following annual net cash flows, determine the IRR to the nearestwhole percent of a project with an initial outlay of $1,520.Year Net Cash Flow1 $1,0002 $1,5003 $ 500
70) Which of the following is most consistent with the hedging principle in workingcapital management?71) Which of the following best represents the stream of income that is available tocommon stockholders?72) A machine costs $1,000, has a three-year life, and has an estimated salvagevalue of $100. It will generate after-tax annual cash flows (ACF) of $600 a year,starting next year. If your required rate of return for the project is 10%, what is theNPV of this investment? (Round your answerwer to the nearest $10.)73) Dublin International Corporation’s marginal tax rate is 40%. It can issue three-year bonds with a coupon rate of 8.5% and par value of $1,000. The bonds can besold now at a price of $938.90 each. The underwriters will charge $23 per bond inflotation costs. Determine the appropriate after-tax cost of debt for DublinInternational to use in a capital budgeting analysis.74) A stock with a beta greater than 1.0 has returns that are _____ volatile than themarket, and a stock with a beta of less than 1.0 exhibits returns which are _____volatile than those of the market portfolio.75) Bondholders have a priority claim on assets ahead of:76) Clustering techniques applied to segmenting markets __________.77) Economists economic-buyer theory assumes that __________.78) The difference between target marketing and mass marketing is that targetmarketing:79) Which of the following is a business or organizational customer?80) In an effort to increase its total sales, Champion has started exporting its sparkplugs for use by several German auto producers. Champion is pursuing a _____opportunity.81) "Positioning":82) The basic objective of the U.S. market-directed economic system is to:83) A cluster analysis of the "toothpaste market" would probably show that:84) Marketing:85) The clustering techniques that can be used in segmenting:
86) An Australian wine producer, facing declining sales at home, set up a newchannel of distribution to sell wine in the United States. This seems to be an effortat:87) The statement, "Of course people will buy our product--each of its features isbetter than the competition," most closely reflects which consumer behaviorconcept?88) Bob, an employee of Risky Manufacturing, Inc. is accidentally injured by a fellowworker while working his shift. Under workers’ compensation, Bob can:89) Which of the following statements is not true under the Fair Labor StandardsAct?90) The disclosures required under the Truth-in-Lending Act are required for:91) Which of the following is correct about litigating commercial disputes?92) Minimum wages, hours of employment, and child labor are regulated by the:93) An agent’s duty of notification can best be described as a duty to:94) Which of the following is correct about the states’ powers regarding foreignaffairs?95) Which of the following is true about trademark registration?96) What makes a publicly held corporation different from a public corporation?97) The theory of business social responsibility that holds that a business owesduties solely to produce the highest return for its shareholders is:98) One study found that manufacturing labor costs about _____ an hour in China,compared to _____ dollars in the United States.99) Which country does the text describe as becoming the largest producer andconsumer of many of the worlds goods?100) Although the U.S. has had a longstanding agreement with _____ after thepassage of NAFTA, _____ became the United States second largest trading partner. BUS 475 Final Exam 5 PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ANSWERS HERE!!!