Early Childhood and Birth
• Born with the name Timujin Borjigin in the
year 1162 near Lake Baikal, Mongolia.
• Dad died when Timujin was young granting
him the title of leader of his clan.
Lake Baikal, Mongolia
• Timujin was denied leadership by
• His half-brother kicked Timujin
and his mother out of the clan
• Timujin later returned a killed his
brother claiming his throne
• Later named “Genghis Khan”
Education As A Child
• Timujin never had any formal
form of education as he mainly
lived off the land .
Personality and Values
• Honesty and loyalty was a big part of
Genghis Khan’s personality.
• As he trusted his generals and gave them
free rein in battles.
• Also he gave them some key decision
making abilities when they embarked on
• Spirituality is was another key part of
his personality in his later years.
• Genghis Khan was very interested in
Buddhists and Taoists religions.
Qualities of a Good Leader
• He was a very demanding leader who
got things done.
• He certainly “walked the talk” as he
carried out every threats that he
• His leadership style is very
How He Developed Leadership
• Genghis Khan developed
leadership through trial and
• He learned it on his own
trying this and trying that
using what worked the best.
• His accomplishments included:
1. He took over almost all of Asia creating
an Empire in his wake.
2. Genghis Khan was able to unify the
Mongolians and rival clans.
Why I chose Genghis Khan
•The reason I picked Genghis Khan is because I
want to knew who he was and wanted you to
learn more in depth about him and his great
autocratic leadership skills from one of the
greatest leaders in the history of the world.
The leader that I chose is Genghis Khan ruler of the Mongolian empire.
Birthplace: Lake Baikal, Mongolia Birth name and year: Timujin; 1162 Dad died when Timujin was young
Half-brother said no kicked he and his mother out of the clan Timujin came back later to kill his brother Genghis Khan means “universe ruler”
Was not educated in his childhood learned how to live from father and experience
Honesty and loyalty were in Genghis Khan’s nature He gave free rein to people he trusted An example is when they went on campaigns he gave the generals special powers to do certain things
Genghis Khan was spiritual especially in the Buddhists and Taoists religions Genghis Khan was really looking for immortality
He was demanding or ruled with an iron fist He brought this fist down hard on opposing forces and rivals He unified his clan and even some of the rival clans showing his leadership ability to get everyone going in one direction
He was a great leader because he was able to unify many clans and people under on authority and conquer almost all of Asia. His leadership developed over time as he worked at it
Genghis Khan accomplished many things One of them being that he conquered almost all of Asia itself That spanned over 11 million miles Another would be that he was capable of unifying all of the Mongolians and rival clans as well .