Amount of ants.
• It has been estimated (no-one has
counted them) that there are 168000
ants for every human being living on
Ants in the class.
• There is 21 people in our class I have to
work out that if these 21 people were
made up of ants how many ants would
be in our class.
• I worked out that there would be
3528000 ants in our class.
Which is also 10.584kgs.
Ants in our school.
• I estimated that there would be about
45864000 ants compared to humans at
• There is 293 students at our school.
I am going to times this by 168000.
The answer is 49224000.
• My estimate was not on the dot but it
was pretty close.
Facts on ants.
• Ants are one of the most successful
species of earth because of how many
species the are. There are actually about
20000 different species.
• The depth of a average sized nest is
about 7 meters high. There is usually
about 100 chambers in a nest and is
about 5000 ants in an average sized
More facts on ants.
• If there are about 100 chambers and
5000 ants there will be about 50 ants to
• Ants are drawn the the sweet stuff in
your food such as jam. When ants are
not eating the sweets that humans leave
laying around they eat honeydew.
• Honeydew is formed by other insects
and what the eat, it’s the surgery
substance in the plants they eat.
• I think that there is way(!!!!) to many
ants in this world i guess they need to
be here for our life to run smoothly.
• They are very interesting insects to
study but most people are repelled
because the are small and very fast (and
they feel funny on your skin.)