Australia – The Land Down Under
Directions: As you read pages 736-739 in your textbook, complete the following pages.
1. Fill in the chart below with TWO facts about Australia for each category.
2. Why is Australia called the “Land Down Under”?
3. Where do most Australians live?
4. Why does Australia have animals that are not found on other continents? What are some of those
5. What does Australia lead the world in producing and exporting?
6. Who are the Aborigines?
7. What country colonized Australia?
8. How does life in Australia show that the country was once a colony of the United Kingdom?
9. How does climate affect agriculture in Australia?
10. What kind of government does Australia have?
11. Draw a quick sketch illustration that summarizes each of the 3 sections in this chapter.
Australia’s Landscape Australia’s Economy Australia’s History & People