BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTIONING OF LMS
1) Training Modules – to support the following types of training modules
Pure eLearning - Online courses with E-contents
Blended Learning. - E-Learning followed with hands-on training in person.
Instructor-led training. – Online courses with live video classes.
2) e-Content (Course content) for each of the Job Roles with defined minimum duration of
3) Personalized Learning Paths – A learning path with series of courses, events or learning
Experiences, learners must complete to achieve a goal and additionally candidates will be able
to choose online training activities and assessments based on their own performance gaps and
interests to support different learning needs.
4) Organizing of curriculum, learning materials and evaluations into a meaningful and effective
1) Mock test for candidates to identify the actual interest of courses on the basis of their
2) Online assessments - Formative assessments and subject based assessments on completion of
each module. Inclusive of objective as well as subjective questions.
3) Grading of the trainees based on their performance to make them eligible for final assessments
4) Flexible testing and assessment availability.
5) Candidates complete assessment portfolios are stored for future reference.
1) Certification based on the training records of the learners, performance of the individual, and
D. Analysis & Reports
1) E profiling of each candidate for his/ her performance in the assessments for modules and
2) Skill gaps study and track users’ success - Monitoring the progress time of learning in each of
3) Reports that relate to progress of training, progress of the batches, average scores in the
modules for assessing adequacy of the e-Content
4) Determining the status and the effectiveness of learning programmes.
5) Monitor performance and attendance
6) Analytical reports in the form of charts, graphs, dashboards, etc.
7) Candidates analytical report for Trainers to assess the progress of each trainees and focus on
1. User Addition Individual registration/bulk registration/Admin based
2. E-Content - Learning Resource
1) Should support e-content for the various job roles for
defined duration of the course including uploading
courses, making a course calendar, assigning roles, and
generating various reports.
2) Should support different content formats like PDFs,
docs, MP3s, MP4s, SCORM, AICC, video,PowerPoint,
HTML5, images and Word files etc.
3) Provision for uploading existing documents, videos and
exams, and link learners to web content hosted
3. Integration capabilities 1) Integration with the existing platforms of the
2) Ability to integrate with webinar software or video
conferencing services or Social Media.
1) Multiplatform Accessibility
2) Mobile learning compatibility
5. E-Commerce 1) Should support e-Commerce option
2) System to track purchases and generate revenue reports
6. Payment Gateways 1) Users should be able to preferred method of payment
2) Should support multiple currencies
7. Notifications/Reminders Email receipts and notifications including upcoming
training and events
8. Support Services Systematic criteria for escalation of issues and resolution
within a stipulated time.
9. White labelling/Customization
1) Ability to completely redesign the interface so it
seamlessly blends with the company’s brand standards
and corporate websites.
2) Ability to move the platform to our own domain and
change the interface of the mobile app
10. Customizable reporting
11. Secured access Secured access by the trainees of the e-Content for Job
Roles for which they are enrolled for certification
raised by them for clarification
12. Online Interactive Session Online interactive sessions for handling queries of the
13. Intuitive User Interface
14. LMS Deployment Options - Cloud-Based (SaaS), Self-Hosted
15. skill gaps and track users’
The LMS user interface is easy to use for both admins and learners
Can create a learning path
Can generate reports and analyze them
The LMS is in the cloud so no installation or IT involvement is required
The LMS fully meets the security standards required
Integration with corporate systems is possible
Single sign-on is supported
The system can work flawlessly with multiple number of users
Personal data is stored in compliance with national law/legislation
I (or the vendor) can customize the LMS to tailor it to our business needs
The stats for courses and learners are trackable
We own the rights to our content, and the vendor doesn’t take royalties from course sales
We can assign different roles and access levels to LMS users
We can assign courses to learners or make them open (with self-registration)
The LMS supports all types of content I need, e.g. SCORM courses, video, PowerPoint, HTML5,
images, Word, PDF, and HTML files
There’s unlimited storage and option to upload unlimited courses.
The LMS has insightful analytics, and reports that can be fine-tuned as per the needs
Mobile learning is fully supported, and the content plays fine on any device
Learners can take courses offline via a mobile app with a clear UX
Learner can combine courses together in a learning path
Trainer can mark attendance for classroom-led activities in the events calendar
We can host and record webinars right in the LMS
Paid courses can be created
The LMS has community and collaboration features so that users can leave feedback for courses
or ask questions to instructors or admins
The LMS supports multiple languages
The LMS is compatible with modern browsers and operating systems
We can match the system design with our corporate identity (change logo, fonts, and color
The vendor provides a knowledge base, video tutorials, and help docs written in plain English
There are clear and useful video tutorials
The vendor can provide individual training for our team
The vendor provided our team with a demo and showed a solution for our business case
I can contact technical support in multiple ways (by phone, email, or live chat) and get an
answer within a reasonable time frame