In the late 1970s, McDonald's was known as the King of Burgers.
The "standard" McGriddles sandwich consists of bacon, egg and American cheese served on a small pancake made with maple flavoring. Both the top and bottom griddle cakes are embossed with the McDonald's logo.
Perhaps more important, McDonald's sells its salads at a premium. A typical salad retails for $4.20 on average. Compare that to a Big Mac, which sells for $2.89. Since the company added salads to the menu, average check totals have increased by 5 percent. On a $10 order, that's only 50 cents. But when you multiply that by 31,000 restaurants and millions of customers around the world, even a tiny margin adds up. Such scale also explains why McDonald's has become the world's single biggest seller of salads in just a couple of years
By 1986, the bite-sized chicken pieces accounted for 7.5 percent of McDonald's domestic sales, making McNuggets one of the most successful product launches in fast-food historyBy 2003, McDonald's was responsible for 79 percent of the growth in the chicken strips category within the fast-food sector. By 2004, the company had served more than 65 million pounds (29 million kilograms) of Chicken Selects to customers nationwide .
. First came the deep-fried apple pie, which was meant to take customers back to the days of a homemade pie cooling on the windowsill.
The McMuffin is a family of breakfast sandwiches in various sizes and configurations, sold by the fast-food restaurant chain McDonald's. The Egg McMuffin is the signature breakfast sandwich; it was invented by the late McDonald's franchisee Herb Peterson in the late 1960s and was introduced nationwide in 1972.
It’s one of the many ways McDonald’s restaurants give back to the community. Since 2004, every one of your 10-cent Happy Meal contributions has raised more than $34 million! These funds support sick children and their families when they need it most - through Ronald McDonald Houses and local children’s charities across the country.
The Big Mac first debuted at Delligatti's south-east suburban Uniontown, Pennsylvania restaurant in 1967 at a selling price of 45 cents.
It designed for adult audience, it featured a slice of pineapple instead of meat.
This burger was intended to target those people who don’t usually eat burgers because of being unhealthy. វាធើ្វអោយមនុស្សរាករុះ
1. McDonald's Menus
2. McDonald’s 10 Most Popular
3. McDonald’s 5 Fail Menus
10. McGriddles Breakfast Sandwish
• Introduced nationwide in 2003
• consists of bacon, egg and American cheese
served on a small pancake made with maple
9. Double Cheeseburger
• More popular with investor
• Consisted of 2 burgers and 2 slices of cheeses
• Replaced by McDouble burger
8. Primium Salad
• introduced by the company in 2000
• Since the company added salads to the
menu, average check totals have increased
by 5 percent
7. Chicken McNuggets
• were tested in 1980 and fully introduced
nationally by 1983
• one of the most successful product launches
in fast-food history
• responsible for 79 percent of the growth in
the chicken strips category
6. Baked Apple Pie
• with delicious apples lightly spiced with
cinnamon, baked in flaky pastry.
• was meant to take customers back to the
days of a homemade pie cooling on the
5. Egg McMuffin
• was introduced nationwide in 1972
• is a family of breakfast sandwiches in
various sizes and configurations
4. Happy Meal
• is the signature breakfast sandwich
• A toy is typically included with the food,
both of which are usually contained in a
box or paper bag with the McDonald's
3. Snack Wrap
• warm crispy or grilled white-breast chicken
meat cheddar jack cheese, lettuce and ranch
sauce, all wrapped in a flour tortilla
2. Big Mac
•Introduced in metro Pittsburgh in 1967 and
nationwide in 1968
•By some estimates, McDonald's sells 550
million Big Macs each year in the United States
1. French Fries
• Introduced in 1949
• Golden on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside.
• Made with quality potatoes and cooked in our
Canola oil blend for zero grams of trans fat per
• The Hula Burger
– Meatless burger meant for Catholics who abstained from
eating meat every Friday. Instead of a beef or chicken
patty, its bun contained a grilled pineapple slice, topped
– Basically, it was a piece of grilled
pineapple and cheese, on a bun.
– Customer didn't like it.
– Pretty much lobster meat shoved
in a hot dog bun with "McLobster
sauce" and shredded lettuce.
– Price too high for customer to pay
a single sandwich
– It’s difficult to market a "quality" shellfish
item at a fast food joint
– Currently only available in parts of
New England and eastern Canada
– Made-to-order pizza took far longer to make than the
usual McDonald's fare
– You cannot make a good pizza in two minutes, so
customers complained about
– It just wasn't consistent with the
McDonald's product and brand
– People went to McDonald's for
burgers and fries, not pizza.
• McLean Deluxe
– introduced in 1991, at a time
when the world was becoming
more concerned about health.
– It was advertised as 91% fat free.
– Everything is going right until the
public came to know why it was so lean
– The fat was replaced with water. and injection
of carrageen You can imagine, it wasn’t tasty
– One of McDonald’s diner menu
item. There was also lasagna
and fettuccini alfredo.
– It sales went down quickly with
the rest of that dinner menu.
– Like the McPizza, people just
weren’t interested in eating
spaghetti at McDonald’s.
– McDonald’s is not spaghetti