I do not own this presentation, it was just shared to us by our
resource speaker during our SEMINAR WORKSHOP ON SEXUALITY
AND FERTILITY AWARENESS FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
TEACHERS IN NAGA CITY.
I intend to share this presentation especially to Values Ed.
Teachers because this I think is a material that will be more useful in
teaching MORAL ISSUES.
• Sex is katuwaan lamang.
• Sex is pagpapahayag ng pagmamahal.
• Sex belongs only in marriage.
• Sex is a healthy recreational activity.
• Sex is merely a physical, biological act.
• Sex is only for procreation.
• Sex is sagrado.
• Sex involves the whole person, body and spirit.
Modern culture tells young people that it isModern culture tells young people that it is
alright to sleep with their partners and livealright to sleep with their partners and live
together for a while before they get married.together for a while before they get married.
Modern culture has reduced human
sexuality to the level of something
commonplace and links it solely with the
body and selfish pleasure.
Modern culture tends to erase the distinction
between right behavior and wrong behavior.
Advertisements spell it in these
“Just do it”
“Obey your thirst”
“Follow your hunger”
1. Casual sex isn’t harmful.
2. Homosexual behavior is normal.
Those who say otherwise are
3. Abortion is compassion.
4. Three is a family.
The glittering bait –
Lead youth to
-- reject parental authority
-- develop their own system of values
-- defy God and his Commandments
• Implications, attitudes, behaviors
– Have sex without commitment
– Treat another as object of pleasure
– Exploit other people especially women
– Risk the danger of contracting sexually
– Indulge in irresponsible behavior – no self-control,
aborting the baby
You must know ‘bout meYou must know ‘bout me
You must know ‘bout meYou must know ‘bout me
I can have another you in a minuteI can have another you in a minute
Matter of fact, he’ll be here in a minute babyMatter of fact, he’ll be here in a minute baby
So since I’m not your everythingSo since I’m not your everything
How about I’ll be nothing, nothing at all to youHow about I’ll be nothing, nothing at all to you
Baby I won’t shed a tear for youBaby I won’t shed a tear for you
I won’t lose a wink of sleep for youI won’t lose a wink of sleep for you
Cause the truth of the matter is replacing you is soCause the truth of the matter is replacing you is so
Profanity in lyrics like the following:Profanity in lyrics like the following:
From: Irreplaceable by Beyonce
• Gen 1:27Gen 1:27
• ““God created man in his own image, inGod created man in his own image, in
the image of God He created him.”the image of God He created him.”
The basis for man’s dignity:The basis for man’s dignity:
MADE IN GOD’S IMAGEMADE IN GOD’S IMAGE
• Sex involves the whole
person: body and
The body becomes a vehicle for self-giving.
to one’s commitment
in ways that arein ways that are appropriate...appropriate...
to one’s age
to one’s state of life
UnityUnityin diversityin diversity
God made man His partner
God is a Creator and in this aspect,God is a Creator and in this aspect,
man is God’s image and likeness.man is God’s image and likeness.
PROCREATION is a Divine will for
Sexuality is truly human (Sexuality is truly human (ImagoImago
Dei contextDei context))
Sexuality is capacity to be
“gift” for an “other.”
Human sexuality is a call to
participate to a life of love-
giving, life-giving communion.
• Admiration – appreciation,
esteem, respect, amazement,
wonder, awe, astonishment,
• This is the initial stage of love.
• Love grows.
• It begins when one discovers that somebody cares
• Respect and trust are basic pillars.
• A real friend is:
• One with whom you can be yourself without
• One with whom you can say what you feel
• One who can inspire you to do good.
Love versus infatuation
• Infatuation -- A foolish, unreasoning, or
extravagant passion or attraction. An
object of extravagant, short-lived passion.
(American Heritage Dictionary)
•Do you believe in love at first sight?
is based on
a sharing of
a person is
in love with
love, not with
the needs of
the loved are
the relationship grows
deeper despite difficulties
breaks up when saddled
with problems and when
"the ugly face" of the
love is a decision; it does
not hurry up, but lasts and
endures the test of time
is often short-lived like a
whirlwind; instant like
love at first sight.
is person oriented is sexually focused: the
typical "You're so cute
and I like you", or, "Ang
macho niya!", "Type kita"
or "Trip kita", are often
lovers have the freedom
to grow as persons
stifles growth because it
is very possessive and
welcomes friends and
other people; not jealous
"I want that you stop
seeing your friends."
brings confidence triggers insecurity: "Will
he still love me if he/she
discovers that my family
is very poor?", etc
The Christian meaning of LOVEThe Christian meaning of LOVE
• What is love according to the Bible?
(1 Corinthians 13)(1 Corinthians 13)
Love is kind. You would never ask
another to have sex outside of
marriage because of the
Love is patient. You can wait to
have sex until marriage.
Love does not rejoice over wrongdoing.
Love does not delight in another’s pain; it
does not participate in evil doings.
Love rejoices with the truth.
Love embraces the light of God and stays
away from the darkness of temptations.
Love trusts. True love builds a
Love always hopes. True love has the hope
of the Creator’s plan for the future
and always hopes for the best.
Love never fails. You are always
supportive of your loved one. You do
not disappoint your loved with
irresponsible actions or unkind words.
Love endures all things. True love
perseveres and keeps on loving
even in times of adversity.
The greatest gift is love.
Love endures through
eternity and is shared
by God with his creation.
He gave us love and
never stops hoping
that we will give it to
one another and to him.
Love is theLove is the
mission to servemission to serve
• involves sexual attraction and feeling.
• is being Interested, wanting to be Involved,
becoming Intimate and having Intercourse
• can be exciting,joyful, ecstatic experience,
but most often it is painful, depressive and
confused with love.
Courtship is a social process.
A way of communicating thoughtsA way of communicating thoughts
and feelingsand feelings
A man’s way of expressing his love forA man’s way of expressing his love for
the woman he lovesthe woman he loves
A venue for knowing each other wellA venue for knowing each other well
A form of social control, i.e. aA form of social control, i.e. a
man behaves well in theman behaves well in the
presence of his loved onepresence of his loved one
When dating, it’s good to remember the
Kissing is not a game.Kissing is not a game.
Don’t get too serious.Don’t get too serious.
Passion is not affection.Passion is not affection.
Express yourself verbally, notExpress yourself verbally, not
Sexual arousal progresses.Sexual arousal progresses.
Tips to remember:
For the girls, exercise
For the boys, be
respectful and never
For both, avoid being by
yourselves and don’t
Checklist AChecklist A
1.1. Have you informed your parents or elders about the date?Have you informed your parents or elders about the date?
2.2. Have you discussed the date with them and sought theirHave you discussed the date with them and sought their
3.3. Have you discussed curfew and dating rules with them?Have you discussed curfew and dating rules with them?
4.4. Are you open to their suggestions?Are you open to their suggestions?
5.5. Are you willing to have a chaperon or only go on groups you canAre you willing to have a chaperon or only go on groups you can
6.6. Do you have time for the date, that is, you do not sacrifice anDo you have time for the date, that is, you do not sacrifice an
important activity orimportant activity or appointment?appointment?
1. Have you had enough exercise in being responsible, that is,
you have often managed to control yourself in tempting
2. Have you proven to your parents that you can make good,
3. Can you afford the date financially and you do not put extra
burden on your parents because of the date?
4. Can you go out and have fun without doing anything immoral
5. Do you think you can stick to your morals even under
6. Can you defend yourself against possible dangers?
How do you control your bodies in
ways that are holy and
honorable? (By the way you
dress, speak, sit, etc. Talk about
• Can infatuationCan infatuation
lead to abortion?lead to abortion?
Now choose:Now choose:
Play now and pay laterPlay now and pay later
or practice chastity?or practice chastity?
• AFRAID TO LOSE RELATIONSHIPAFRAID TO LOSE RELATIONSHIP
• IMAGINES "EVERYONE IS DOING IT“IMAGINES "EVERYONE IS DOING IT“
• WANTS TO PROVE THAT ONE IS REAL MAN OR REALWANTS TO PROVE THAT ONE IS REAL MAN OR REAL
• THINKS THAT HE OWES IT TO OTHER PERSON.THINKS THAT HE OWES IT TO OTHER PERSON.
• FEELS GUILTY FOR MAKING THE OTHER PERSONFEELS GUILTY FOR MAKING THE OTHER PERSON
SEXUALLY EXCITED.SEXUALLY EXCITED.
• DOES NOT WANT TO APPEAR OLD-FASHIONEDDOES NOT WANT TO APPEAR OLD-FASHIONED
SEEKS TO GAIN AFFECTION AND WARMTHSEEKS TO GAIN AFFECTION AND WARMTH
WANTS TO "PROVE" LOVEWANTS TO "PROVE" LOVE
THINKS HE / SHE WILL FIND SECURITYTHINKS HE / SHE WILL FIND SECURITY
CANT "HELP HIMSELF": NO CONTROL ESPECIALLY WHENCANT "HELP HIMSELF": NO CONTROL ESPECIALLY WHEN
DRUNK OR ON DRUGS.DRUNK OR ON DRUGS.
THTHINKS IT IS THE NEXT STEP TO THE RELATIONSHIPINKS IT IS THE NEXT STEP TO THE RELATIONSHIP
• Immediate marriage
• Adoption (to give your baby to
• Single parenthood
• Abortion’s consequences
STDS AND OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS
• AIDS Syphilis
• Gonorrhea Herpes
• Chlamydia Genital warts
• Vaginal infections Sterility risks
• Cervical cancer Breast cancer
KEEP FROM MARITAL SEX
TRUE, SINCERE, LOYAL TO SPOUSE
Not exploiting others; sense of justice
SELF DISCIPLINE: SELF POSSESION
AND DELAYING GRATIFICATION
Purity of thoughts and intentions
Love GOD!!!Love GOD!!!Love yourLove your
Love Life!Love Life!
• My kisses are
WORTH MORE THAN
a party or a movie