A web based iptv content syndication system for personalized content guide
• Nowadays, users of television is provided variety
of contents a day by IPTV provider
– A big challenge : how to manage the contents in order that users can
easily choose the contents
• A web-based IPTV content syndication
– Provide personalized services through the syndication process on
various types of content using web technologies.
• What is syndication?
– Syndication : “act of process of syndicating”
– Syndicating : to publish simultaneously, or supply for simultaneous
publication, in a number of newspapers or others periodicals in
1. Syndication concept can be applied in IPTV service as well
2. IPTV also publishes the same content simultaneously on multiple user’s screen
Why used syndication concept?
• Content syndicator is marked as an agent that interconnect between
content providers and users.
• Content providers provide contents and get revenue for content
distribution, while users receive customized content and pay money
• Content syndication is the controlled placement of the same content on
multiple partnering destinations in order to provide benefits to content
• User metadata, service metadata as well as content meta data are used in the
syndication process for IPTV services.
• The syndicator for IPTV services perform:
– Content metadata aggregation
– Collecting and transforming of metadata
– Filtering and packaging functionalities using 3 types of metadata to an IPTV user.
• User receives personalized content guide and consumes IPTV contents
according to user metadata including audience measurement data.
• User metadata and community metadata can influence the accuracy of the
• In their experiment results, the impact of user meta data is significant
when users and social community have similarity and familiarity on
• They proposed the web-based content syndication system for personalized
content guide that enables syndication packaging on all categories of
contents according to metadata.