• The flag of Greece has nine
horizontal blue and white stripes.
In the left corner there is a white
cross on a blue background. The
nine stripes symbolize the seas
which the country is washed by.
• The most important food
to the Greeks is the olive.
It is not simply a food. It was also a
big part of Greek history. The
Greeks believed that the goddess
Athena gave the first olive tree to
• Three thousand years ago the first
Olympic Games were held.
• The main kinds of sports were wrestling,
running, jumping, horse and chariot races.
The games were held every four years in
• Many of the toys that Greek children
enjoyed were similar to toys of today. Boys
often played with toy chariots, and girls usually
played with dolls. Some dolls were made from
ivory. The yo-yo have been created in Greece.
• Greek boys were taught music, literature,
astronomy and physics.
• Greek girls were taught to cook, sew, and
care for children.
• But today girls have the same subjects as
School of Zabuzhya