BY “THE BONES”
KHOO ZER KAI 0320500
CHONG ZHAO LUN 0320408
DEONG KHAI KEAT 0320055
FOO ZHI FUNG 0320226
BOON YI CHUNG 0318300
WHAT DDOOEESS AA SSTTRRUUCCTTUURRAALL
• Design and select material to build the “bones” of
a construction and make the construction stable ,
durable and safe.
• Analyze the bending , compression and tension
capacity of each structural.
• Discuss with client.
• Provides advice on building materials.
• Investigate the construct with architects and other
professions as partner.
• Consultants to architects or design-build contractors.
• Calculate the loads and decide to use what structural
• Working with geotechnical engineers to investigate
• Supervise structural work at sites.
• Provides advice on construction method.
• Conduct site inspection.
• Provides engineering solving in building structures.
• Provides another solution if client change their mind.
• Make sure the structure is safety.
• Check the structural is it properly constructed.
TYPES OF DRAWINGS
• Used to progress the architect’s concept by specifying
the shape and position of all parts of the structure.
• Preparation of the reinforcement drawing.
• Fully describe and locate all reinforcement in relation
to the finished surface of concrete and to holes or
• Modifications to be made to the original drawings to
cater for unforeseen difficulties that inevitably occur on
site.(Earthquake , wind , snow)
• Various requirement, factor affect the general
layout and dimensions of the structure
• Calculate the loads
• Type of structure that suitable for buildings
• Structural and constructional requirements
• Different solution in the planning stage
• The most suitable dimensions, proportion and
details of the structural elements
• Position of columns and beams
• Arrangement of connection structure
• Mobilization of personnel
• Procurement of materials and equipment
• Redesign for unpredicted difficulties
• Advising construction