t• Social networking is a constantly evolving industry and there are millions of users• Our idea is a digital world inside a contact lens• Our concept is a contact lens which displays a screen to the user• In order for this product to work it must use the internet, and we predict that by 2050 internet access will be virtually everywhere• The concept was chosen because this technology looks realistic by the year 2050 and it seems as if it would be able to function in society today
• At first we assumed that our technology would use holographs to display the screen to the consumer• We came up with the idea of a contact lens displaying the information, and discovered that scientists in Washington have created something similar• A contact lens with an LED light was created and the scientists stated that if mastered then images can be formed in front of the eye• Provide more than just entertainment; sensors in the lens can keep track of blood sugar levels• To play video on a contact lens scientists created a mesh like material which has the ability to mould a surface
• We created miniature control circuits, communication circuits, and antennas and placed them on the lens using custom-built optoelectronic components• Components include hundreds of LEDs which will form images in front of the eye• Sensors were added which can detect the concentration of a molecules which would allow for it to display a persons health• We integrated the components onto about 1.5 square centimeters of a flexible, transparent polymer• The lens receives its power from electromagnetic radiation which allows it to charge in almost any location
• All social network companies will be accessible from the V-World• Live video chat with family and friends• Recognizes owner, and will not turn on if it does not recognize user• Able to run videogame software immersing the user in a virtual world• Checks the users health statistics, such as blood level• It can improve the users vision if needed• This product does not require any charging as it is powered by electromagnetic radiation
• Live video streaming software• Hardcopy of DVD’s as well as the need to go to a theatre• Health tests• Old virtual reality technology• The need for video game consoles
• Our creative component was successful because it clearly portrayed our predictions of how the product would look and feel• Contact lenses which immerses the user into a virtual world, connecting them with social networks, gaming, television, and last but not least, their health facts• With this technology the need for hardware such as computers, televisions, and gaming consoles is eliminated because the V-World does not require any hardware, other than the contact lenses itself• This piece of technology would create a revolution in communication, such as the internet did just over a decade ago.
• We came to a mutual consensus that the V-World could exist in the year 2050 based on our knowledge of how quickly social networks evolve• Discovered that very basic forms of our product exist and that our“prediction”is actually an innovation• Creating the product was a simple component because we took the current technology, and innovated it• The most innovative feature of our product would have to be the sensors which tell the user their specific health statistics• Researchers from The University of Washington and Aalto University in Finland stated that sensors can be added to a lens to keep track of one’s health• Based on the research, our group agreed that the V-World is a great concept for social networking in the future because it can