Successfully reported this slideshow.
What is a Cryptologist?
• Somebody who is skilled at deciphering codes,
puzzles or cryptograms
• Creates codes to protect private information.
• Use their knowledge to break these
inscriptions from worldwide threats.
Why did I choose this career?
• I am very skilled at solving puzzles, codes, etc.
• I enjoy not having to repeat the same task on
a daily basis
• I enjoy having to challenge myself at new tasks
• Puzzles and codes are something that have
always been interesting and fairly easy for me
and I love solving them
• The median annual salary is $125,000/year
• Median salary of $83,000
• Although this is the average salary^ it depends
on your performance and time in service
• There is potential for advancement as in a
higher level of a cryptologist
• An CIT is the highest level of Cryptology
• Computer telephony integration, also called
computer–telephone integration or CTI, is a
common name for any technology that allows
interactions on a telephone and computer to
be integrated or coordinated
• Computer programmer
• Language jobs
• Information professional
• Cyber warfare
High School Career Academies
• I will be going to River Hill High School
• Career academy researched:Cybersecurity
• I picked this career academy because it
matches the same requirements and studies
as a cryptologist does
University of Maryland College Park
• UMCP is located at College Park, Prince
George’s County MD
• (resident) $573/credit
• (non-resident) $1,236/credit
• Program Requirements:
• 2.0 GPA or higher
• Minimum grade of a “C”
• Other Facts:
• Over 800 clubs and organizations
• Successful sports teams
• School mascot is the Testudo the Terrapin
• Grassroots is an organization where women go when they
are abused, or have nowhere else to go. I donate food, and
clothes to here on a regular basis with my mom.
• There is a similar organization where I give my old clothes
to the women and children who live there.
• My friends mom teaches at Arundel Middle School and
several of her students are forced to live in their cars and
she has to go grocery shopping for her students who aren’t
able to buy food for themselves. The children have a very
little amount of clothes and blankets. My mom and I
donated bags filled with old clothes and blankets to give to
her who then gave to her children at the school.
Why Do I Do Community Service?
• I participate in community service because I
feel that there are so many children,
teenagers, and adults, that are not as fortune
as others. Everybody deserves to be equal and
that is what my goal is
Prior Job Experience
• Pet sitting
• Honor roll
• Athletic awards
• Google images