• Now you’re the maintenance team
• Or some of the team moves to other departments or leaves entirely.
• Knowledge departs
• And now you may be “stuck” holding the bag
• And you may even start resenting it.
• Your skills may start to atrophy.
• But you’re comfortable, and change is hard.
"Consider what you are doing
and ponder whether it is
worthy that you devote your
life to it." --Rabbi Nachma
• Telecommuting up nearly 79% from 2005 and now makes up 2.6% of
the work force -
• Working at home increases productivity (+13%) and reduces turnover
(-50%) - https://web.stanford.edu/~nbloom/WFH.pdf
Thanks to Some Inspirational Folks!
• Cori Drew - Because PEOPLE. Because PASSION.
• Sharon Cichelli – “Crafting Your Career”, That Conference 2012
• Elizabeth Naramore – Stop Drinking Spoiled Milk
• Amir Rajan – Rebooting Life -
• Scott Hanselman - It's not what you read, it's what you ignore -
That Conference 2015: August 10-12
• We want you to come
• We want you to learn
• We want you to participate
• We want you to teach
• We want you to
• We want you