What it is it for them?
Business wants to: Sell More, to More People, More Often for
What is in it for you?
Do what you love, follow your bliss and passion, innovate, grow.
• Ten Forces that flattened the world from The World Is Flat by Thomas Friedman
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/magazine/03DOMINANCE.html adn http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/flat/FLAT%20Notes.pdf
• The Shift Index- Deloitte Center for the Edge John Hagel III, John Seely Brown, and Lang Davison
• Mark Granovetter Network Theory Revisited The strength of Ties
• Wave McannErickson (Slideshare) http://www.slideshare.net/webrazzi/universal-mccann-wave-3
– (Full Report) http://ia311314.us.archive.org/2/items/UniversalMccannWave3PowerToThePeople/Wave3.pdf
• Pew Report (Social Media and Young Adults) http://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2010/Social-Media-and-Young-Adults.aspx
• Danah Boyd (Trust and Intimacy) http://www.danah.org/papers/Ubicomp2003WorkshopApp2.pdf
– (Glocalization) http://www.danah.org/papers/Etech2006.html
– (Streams of Content) http://www.danah.org/papers/talks/Web2Expo.html
– (sociality is learning) http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2009/11/30/sociality_is_le.html
• John Seely Brown (push pull) www.johnseelybrown.com/pushmepullyou4.72.pdf
• John Hagel http://www.johnhagel.com/view20051015.shtml
• Five things to know before elance http://www.businesspundit.com/5-things-to-know-before-becoming-an-elance-provider/
• Cluetrain (The Cluetrain Manifesto) http://www.cluetrain.com
• Metcalf (pro) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalfe%27s_law
– (counter) http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/networks/metcalfes-law-is-wrong