CUEBC 2013: Authentic assessment: digital storytelling - apps that transform learn
Minimize written output struggles
using digital storytelling. !
Engage students in expressing /
communicating rather than struggling
with the written form.
In some countries [...], essays have
become a major part of formal
education. Secondary students are
taught structured essay formats to
improve their writing skills, and
admission essays are often used by
universities in selecting applicants and,
in the humanities and social sciences, as
a way of assessing the performance of
students during ﬁnal exams.!
Information and Media Literacy Coordinator
Authentic Assessment -
Kevin Amboe email@example.com
• 1. DEC ED Services T-Shirt Design!
• 4,7,9 - Photo taken for SD36 project!
• 5 - Mashup with screenshot - JasonOhler.com!
• 6 http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/spam/5467808830/in/photostream/!
• 10. iStorytelling video produced for Surrey School District!
• 12 - Icon Screenshots!
• 14,15,16 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Sport_in_Canada!
• 18 - Images Created or Mashed by Kevin Amboe!
• 24 - Kaitlyn Amboe!
• 32,33,34 - Student Work!
• 35 - Comic LIfe by Kevin Amboe!
• 47 - iBooks Author Screenshot