• The concept of guerrilla marketing was invented as an unconventional system of promotions that relies on time, energy and imagination rather than a big marketing budget. Wikipedia
• Typically, unexpected and unconventional, potentially interactive, and consumers are targeted in unexpected places. Wikipedia
• The objective of guerrilla marketing is to create a unique, engaging and thought- provoking concept to generate buzz, and consequently turn viral. Wikipedia
• Viral marketing — through social networks• Buzz marketing — word of mouth marketing
Old Spice “Responding to questions and comments from Twitter, Facebook andYouTube, Old Spice Man has spent the past two days "talking with the Internet" --barraging us with his dispatches from the shower. And sweet Lord, we never want it to end.” http://www.salon.com
• Experiential marketing — interaction with product
• Procter & Gamble’s Charmin Toilet Tissue is sponsoring free bathrooms in Times Square. The billboard promoting the sponsored restroom says, “You’re in New York. Go in style.” over the brand logo and an arrow pointing to the restroom entrance.
• Alternative marketing• Wild Posting• Wait marketing