6. “If primary-aged children who drop out from
school don’t use their literary skills, in 4 years
they will become iliterate”
7. If we want to combate this
illiteracy problem seriously,
we must do
even a small one.
“Be a Storyteller, Light a Better Future!”
9. WHAT’S THIS PROJECT ABOUT?
To eradicate illiteracy within primary-aged children in Depok city through storytelling
in order to teach them spelling, reading, writing and other literary skills.
• This project is a social movement which will encourage people to become a
storyteller and teach illiterate student who drop out from school through
storytelling. Storyteller voluntarily teachs children to spell, read, write and another
literary skills and indirectly replace the teacher function as well.
• In this project, there are two work areas; as storyteller who teachs children and as
storyteam member who will responsible to manage and organize all storyteller
• Every month will be filled with 4 different storytellers where each of them will
teaches 5- 10 children in a “basecamp” twice a week for 2 session in each
meeting. The number of storyteller will increase as we get more children to teach.
10. WHAT’S THIS PROJECT ABOUT?
People can join and involve on this project in 3 ways;
VOLUNTEER DONATIONS PARTNERSHIP
• Volunteer as storyteller; • Donate money; The Storyteam will cooperate
Teaching literacy money will be utilized with third-party to sponsor
through storytelling to improve learning the project in-kind of
• Volunteer as storyteam activities, learning tools partnership;
member; Responsible (books, basecamp • Fund the activity
to help and organize facilities.
• Provide books
learning activities, the • Donate books; The
donations, book • Provide basecamps
books will be utilized as
distribution, etc. learning materials. • Provide trainings for
11. WHAT’S THIS PROJECT ABOUT?
To literate 1000 primary-aged children within Depok city in 5 years
To increase the awareness of youth towards illiteracy issue around Depok area
Literacy can help children to achieve a better future
Who are targeted to join and involve in this project?
• University students and equal ;18-25 years old expected to be storyteller and
• Adults; 35-50 years old expected to be donators
• Local corporations, community, interest group, mall, restaurant, bookstore and
etc. expected to establish partnership
12. HOW TO IMPLEMENT THIS
Do research to;
• Find and collect illterate children, through:
• Find storytelling basecamp (potential and strategic locations)
• Determine and compose storytelling “curriculum”; lessons, materials and
• Find and collect storytelling staples; Book, stationery, learning tools, etc.
• Determine storyteller’s required charateristic; academic background, personality,
personal experience, etc.
Organize a main storyteller team;
Gather 15 friends and people who are concerned with illiteracy issue and want to
get involve on and commit to this project seriously
13. HOW TO IMPLEMENT THIS
Execute communication program;
• Digital Media
Make Storyteller Website which contains all information about storyteller project;
how to volunteer, donate and make a partnership, and update it regularly.
Make Storyteller Twitter and Facebook account and update it regularly. This social
media is used to spread the word & information about storyteller project and
especially used to reach the target audience to involve as storyteller, give
donations and partnership.
Make Storyteller Blog which contains story from all the storyteller and storyteam’s
experience during join and involve in the project.
• Traditional Media
Make flyer and poster to be disseminated in every strategic and potential places
near target audience (university, local restaurant, mall, bookstore, gas station, etc).
Implement the “word of mouth” to spread the news to friends and relatives.
Build partnership with local media; TV and Radio to get free publication, if possible.
Reach out local communities, organizations, interest groups to spread the
14. HOW TO IMPLEMENT THIS
Recruitment – Training – Job Placement - Development
Proposal – Marketing – Job Placement
Proposal – Marketing – Job Placement
This project will start on February 2013. At first, all program activities will be
implemented and managed by main storyteller team, then when the new storyteam
and storyteller have been elected, the program will be managed by many people
and storyteam who have joined and involved voluntarily.
15. HOW TO IMPLEMENT THIS
This project will be evaluated regularly through; General issue : Rp 3.000.000
• Monthly meeting with all storyteam & storyteller Volunteer : Rp 1.000.000
• Weekly program monitoring Donation : Rp 500.000
• Project milestones and statistics quarterly Partnership : Rp 500.000
Evaluation : Rp 500.000
• Trimester quantitative survey on the
beneficiaries TOTAL : Rp 5.500.000
• General report through website
• Quarterly report to all parties involved Note:
At first, all project’s budget will be fully
covered by the initiator and teams, then by
the time we get donations and sponsorship,
budget will be allocated from that. Budget
amount will also increase as we get more
children to teach.
16. KEY PERFORMANCE INDEX
IN 30 DAYS IN 3 MONTHS IN 6 MONTHS IN 1 YEAR
• Find and teach 15 • Find and teach 45 • Decrase the number • Decrase the number of
children of illiterate children by illiterate children by 25%
• Find 5 storytellers • Find and teach 250
• Find 2 storytellers • Find and teach 100 children
• Find 15 storyteam children
• Find 20 storytellers
• Find 5 storyteam members • Find 2 new
members basecamps • Find 60 storyteam
• Receive 6 money members
• Receive 1 money donations • Find 10 new storytellers
• Find 3 basecamp and
• Get 250 new • Find 30 storyteam enlarge it.
staples • Receive 30 money
• Receive 2 book • Receive 10 book
• Receive 10 money donations
donations donations • Find 1000 new staples
• Receive 500 new
• Get 20 Twitter • Get 80 Twitter staples • Receive 50 book
followers and 50 donations
followers and 10 • Receive 25 book
Facebook likes donations • Get 250 Twitter followers
Facebook likes and 200 Facebook likes
• Reach 100 website • Get 175 Twitter
• Reach 5 website visitors followers and 100 • Reach 500 website
Facebook likes visitors
visitors • Upload 10
• Reach 250 website • Upload 75 blogposts
• Upload 3 Blogposts blogposts visitors • Build 15 partnerships
• Build 3 partnerships • Upload 35 blogposts
Note: This KPI will keep on recurring to 5 years • Build 7 partnerships