Externally pressurised: A separate external supply of air is fed
under pressure between the
two surfaces being kept apart.
It is a continuous flow system where pressurised gas from the
source flows through restrictors
into the clearance between the bearing surfaces escaping to the
atmosphere at the outside
edges of the bearing.
• Self generating: The supporting film is generated by the
relative motion of the two surfaces being kept apart.
• An aerodynamic bearing can be of several types. The design
characteristics differ greatly between journal and axial
bearings and they can suffer problems of instability.
1. Greater Precision.
2. High Speed.
3. Increased Tool Life.
4. Improved Surface Finish.
5. Long Bearing Life.
6. Lack of Maintenance.
7. Low Thermal Growth.
8. Large Load Capacity.
9. Reduced Vibration
• High geometric accuracy during
• Clean and dry supply of pressured air.
• High prizing.
• Uplifting heavy weights-
We can lift up to 5 tons without efforts using
Application & Scope:-
• Upcoming vehicles will use this technology.
• There will be no issue of lifting up much more
heavy loads in future if we use this
technology. Transportation will affect much
more with this technology. Speed will speed &
efficiency up at much extent of transport .