Estonian painter and graphic artist
• The real name of the artist is Heiki Trolla. His artist name
comes from a small South-Estonian village where he was born
• Nowadays, Navitrolla’s name can be found on thousands of
pieces of art (graphic and paintings). He has had several
exhibitions in Estonia and Europe (Helsinki, London, Lisbon)
and his work is scattered in private collections all over the
• Navitrolla lives in Tartu and he has a gallery in Tallinn (capital
of Estonia) and a webstore.
• He appreciates the nature, reading books and country life.
• He says, “Art is not creative or destructive – art must be
• He has practised painting, graphic art and active art.
• His work has been classified as naivism or surrealism. As
everything nowadays, his work is mixture of the past, the
present and globalization.
• Navitrolla often paints different (fantasy) animals.
• Navitrolla’s paintings and other work often have peculiar
Navitrolla on buildings
A little town called Võru in Southern Estonia has an offer for people
living in apartment buildings. If they decide to renovate their
building they can get a huge Navitrolla painting on it.
Navitrolla on everyday items
• Navitrolla’s pictures have been used on postcards, magnets,
calendars, stickers, earrings, mugs, playing cards, notebooks,
wallpaper, posters, nametags etc.
• T-shirts with Navitrolla’s work are sold in galleries and shops.
• Navitrolla admits to wearing them himself. “When you put on
a T-shirt with the right picture in the morning, it makes your
whole day,“ he laughs.
• “It is not working for me“, he says about making the T-shirt
pictures. “On the contrary, it helps me rest from the
Navitrolla has also designed a cruise-ferry called
„Galaxy“ (operated by Tallink).
Vau! ma oskan kõrvade peal
Wow! I Can Walk on Ears!
Kuidas jõuda tippu
How to Make it to
Pane triibud maha! Kohe!
Put Your Stripes Down! Now!
Nii et teie arvates olen ma imelik?
So You Think I'm Weird?
– on the land, in the air,
in the water, inside us
He has always loved
picking and eating
„they are beautiful and
like fields, meadows,
Graphic art and animalsGileadi õunad
Mina olengi päike
It's Me, Sunshine
Vares, võta mu valu
Take My Pain, Crow
Lontkõrv ja kikk-kõrv
Lop-ear and Prick-ear
Peegelduse II õppetund
The Second Lesson of Reflection
Sebra ei taha kakelda
Zebra Doesn’t Want to Fight
Million Point Hit