Twitter session at Kern on effective layouts inspired Geeta Bose to conduct and design this presentation.
The key learning from the Twitter session:
1. IDs must have skills in visualizing information.
2. Visual design skills mean basic understanding of the design laws and principles.
3. Graphic designers should also understand instructional design principles to add value to visual design.
4. Good IDs are like architects. Like architects they must know about building materials, where to use them etc along with creating a detailed blueprint.
4. Good IDs have better productivity
5. Good IDs must understand Gestalt’s Laws, Color Theory, Basic Typography, Laws of Composition, & Visual Hierarchy.
6. Good IDs must understand Typography: Readability, Legibility, Para Alignment, Leading, Indents, Widow & Orphans, Type Selection.
7. They must understand what is Affordance along with Visual Composition: Point and range of view, rhythm, harmony, balance, and contrast