Successfully reported this slideshow.
Presentation of advert planning:
By Kenny Colliver
A summary of the advert:
• The idea is to create a talking head advert
about anti bullying.
• The advert will feature 5 teenagers, each of
them having a line of dialogue and all edited
• All of this will be done to promote the anti
bullying website Connectcast.co.uk.
Connect Cast is a anti-bullying website to
help teenagers cope with the issues they’re
facing when it comes to cyber-bullying.
• I also spoke with four
teenagers to see how act
online; along with reacting to
the subject of cyber bullying.
• Only one person had
experience with this topic.
• I found that they don’t try to
talk to strangers online.
• Along with the fact they don’t
give out info online, with the
exception of online shopping.
The members of our focus group.
The findings from the focus group:
• The information displayed will be short and straight to the point in order to get
the message across to our teen audience.
• We’ll also feature teen actors in our advert, to display and identify who we’re
• This was decided after learning that multiple adverts for this subject use young
people through out the advert.
From this research I learned:
1. The tone that is commonly
featured in the advert.
2. The target audience I should
be aiming for.
3. End by showing the logo and
name of the company that’s
4. To feature methods of
contacting the company, e.g.
• We also asked members of our
audience questions with these
• We asked them a variety of
questions about their life's,
and gave them choices to fill
• There were 15 questions in
total for the volunteers to
• This was done in order to understand our audience and
how we should appeal to them.
• These are some of the results we ended up getting from
the questionnaires the volunteers have filled in.
The results from the research:
From this I found:
1. The majority of the people who filled this
in were teens and students.
2. With most of them being white, Christian
3. A large portion of the audience watch
programing on their TV’s.
4. The TV genre that got picked the most
Channel to broadcast our advert:
• In order to show our advert to our
teenage audience. I decided to have the
advert broadcast on the TV channel E4.
• This due to how shows like Misfits, Skins
and The big bang theory are aimed to a
16-33 year old audience, in which they
all feature a young cast of actors.
• Along with the channel advertising
themselves as having a young and
Other channels I researched:
• I looked into BBC Three as a possible
suggestion to broadcast the advert. Due
to how they aim their programs to a
young adult audience.
• I also looked into MTV as a suggestion, as
they also aim for said audience with
their programming and music videos
• In the end I chose E4 because their
young audience, along with the variety
of programming featured (comedy and
drama) The advert would be better
Weekly hire price:£62 Weekly hire price:£75
Weekly hire price:£65
I had to research what equipment to hire for our filming, and how much
I will cost. This will be the equipment I found to film with on set.
Cannon Cameras Nikon Cameras
• I researched the cost to hire a Mac Pro
computer in order to edit the footage of our
• Along with the use of Final Cut Pro as our
editing software, which will be used to put the
finished video together.
• Adobe Premiere is what I ended up using to
edit the footage. The cost being: £58.
These are screen shots the story boards for the advert. As I was asked to make three
version and this is the version I chose to produce.
Other versions of the advert:
Version two: Version three:
This is the animatic of the advert I made to show what
the finished product was originally meant to look like.
• The school itself was located in the
• This was done in order to relate
with our teen audience; because
the majority of the audience are
young people in school or college.
• This is the details of Glenthorne High
School, the location of our shooting.
• We shot our footage in corridor of
one of the school buildings outside a
room called Jo3.
Advert risk assessment:
• This is the risk assessment I used to judge the
safety issues to be faced while filming on
• As previously mentioned, the advert is about anti
• This advert uses a Vox Pop style in which the five
teens featured discuss their experiences with Cyber
bullying. Before mentioning how the site Connectcast
The research paying off:
• For research I had find the conventions and style of
other anti bullying adverts.
• Example: I will use a dark and somber tone to reflect
on the issue, a convention of this sort of advert. The
same thing being with the use of teenagers in the
• I also used the research from my audience in the
planning of the advert.
• For example we found that a large portion from the
questionnaires were 16-28 years old. Hence why I’m aiming
towards that age range.
• But I also used information I found from the focus group. Such
as the advice of keeping safe by looking into a person you’re
This has been the making process
behind my advert for
Thank you for your time.