• Self-concept is the accumulation of beliefs that one
holds about themselves. It is how one would
• Rita believes that she is attractive, beautiful and is
capable of doing many things.
2. Prosocial behavior
• Egoistic model is when behaviors are done for
• Rita works hard because she is driven by the money
and motivated by the desire of becoming wealthy.
• Self efficacy is the belief in our ability to achieve
certain goals. High self efficacy is when we see
difficult tasks as challenges rather than something
to be avoided.
• Rita has high self efficacy as even when faced with
problems she did not avoid them and rather
believed that she could earn or sell out her
products by doing research.
4. Impression management
• Ingratiation is the control of others’ impression of
ours through flattery.
• Rita flatters her customers so she can give a good
impression and creates an impression that she is a
• Central route is where a person
attends to the given message
• Peripheral route is where a person
attends to the external cues like
• Rita uses both routes of persuasion
when convincing her customers.
• She provides them with
information that are reliable to the
customer and uses her
attractiveness to convince them as