40 Apps in 40 Minutes
1. CamScanner 11. Hoopla 21. TripAdvisor City Guides 31. Word Wagon HD
2. Gdrive 12. Tip-Check 22. Waze 32. Learning Animal Sounds is Fun HD
3. Simplenote 13. PayPal 23. Skype 33. Monkey Preschool Lunchbox
4. Find iPhone 14. Feedly 24. Allthecooks 34. Bugs and Buttons
5. Free Wi-Fi
15. Soundhound &
25. eBook Apps: Scribd,
Oyster, Overdrive, Kindle
35. My First Puzzles
6. Printer Pro 16. IMDB 26. Duolingo 36. Squiggles
7. Magnifier’s 17. Google + 27. Dr. Seuss’s ABC 37. Little Fox Music Box
8. WeChat 18. Pinterest 28. My Beastly ABC’s 38. Toca Builders
9. Burner 19. Everypost 29. Faces I Make ABC 39. Nighty Night
10. Freegal 20. WordPress 30. Little Speller: First Words 40. Autism Apps
Turn a device into a fax machine, photocopier,
& scanner. Save, email, and even make PDF’s.
With Gdrive, your stuff goes where you go.
You can organize, edit and share it from any
computer at drive.google.com, or on the Drive
The simplest way to keep notes. Your notes
stay updated across all your devices. Share a
list, post some instructions, or publish your
thoughts. Find notes quickly with instant
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch,
or Mac, the Find iPhone app will let you use
another iOs device to find it and protect your
data. Simply install the free app on another
iOs device, open it, and sign in with the Apple
Id you use for iCloud. Find iPhone will help
you locate your missing device on a map,
remotely lock it, play a sound, display a
message, or erase data on it.
Free Wi-Fi Finder
Instantly find free Wi-Fi Internet hotspots
wherever you go.
Printer Pro Lite
Print from iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch to Wi-Fi
printers. Supports Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Pages, Numbers, Keynote, PDF, TXT, HTML,
JPG and Safari webarchive. Must have tool for
reference work and outreach.
Over 40 Magnifier - iOs
For aging eyes, a magnifying glass is an
incredibly useful tool. Unfortunately, a
magnifying glass isn’t always available.
Fortunately, your phone is usually within arms
reach. You can turn it into a magnifying glass
with the right app. I recommend the Over 40
Magnifier and Flashlight for the Apple
Magnificent Magnifier HD
Magnificent Magnifier HD for Android users.
These magnifying apps use your smartphone’s
camera to enlarge what’s in front of you. The
also take advantage of your phone’s flash,
which can help in a poorly lit area.
WeChat is the new way to connect. WeChat is
a mobile text and voice messaging
communication service developed in China,
first released in January 2011. WeChat
provides multimedia communication with
texting messaging, hold-to-talk voice
messaging, broadcast (one-to-many)
messaging. Photo/Video sharing, location
sharing, and contact information exchange.
Protect your phone number. You don’t always
want to give out your phone number to
people. You might be working on a short-term
project or selling something online. Burner
gives you a free number that redirects to your
usual phone number. The temporary number
last for one day, five voice calls or 15 texts. If
you need more, you can buy a new number or
extend your current number for a few dollars.
For a limited time they are offering a number
for 7 days.
Download and keep up to 5 MP3 format songs
per week from the Sony catalog.
Download movies, television shows, audio
books and full albums. Just like Netflix's, but
Tip Check is free and easy, both as a tip guide
and a calculator. Have you ever been in a
situation where you didn’t know if you were
supposed to tip or how much tip was
expected? Well help has arrived.
Say Hello to Your New Wallet!
Your account is in your hands. Track your
balance, check in to pay from your phone,
order ahead at restaurants, choose how to
pay or send money to a friend for free.
• Newsreader -“A single place for everything you
want to read”
Soundhound and Shazam
• Music search engines
• Never ask “What’s that song?” again
“You know that guy, that was in
that movie, with the things? You
know what I mean, right?”
• “Second largest social media site in the world”
• Language learning app
• Currently available: Spanish, French,
Italian, German, Portuguese, and English.
(Other languages in the “incubator”)
• Named one of Google Play’s “Best of the
Dr. Seuss’s ABC
• The classic Seuss book in an interactive app format. Beginning
readers learn the ABCs and expand their vocabulary in an
imaginative way that only Dr. Seuss can provide
• Designed for ages 2-6
• Features auto play, read to me & read it myself functionality
My Beastly ABCs
• A boy’s dreaded daily routine spins toward the unexpected when, one
morning, he rises from the “wrong” side of his bed. Over the course
of the day, he finds himself confronted by fascinating mythical
creatures from all over the world.
• 37 pages of alphabet based creatures from the Abominable Snowman
to Zombies with narration by Jim Dale of Harry Potter audio fame.
• Encourage a child’s interest in reading, different cultures and help
them overcome apprehension and fear.
Faces I Make ABC
• Education paired with creativity and imagination. Children learn their
ABCs while playing and making things.
• Learn ABC mode takes an image based on a single letter and breaks it
up into individual pieces which are unique items in and of themselves
• Find ABC mode is a naming and word recognition game. Child is
prompted to collect 5 words starting with a letter by choosing pictures
• Geared towards pre-K audience – ages 2-5
Little Speller: First Words
• Learn How to Spell Your First 1,000 Words with this exciting, interactive
game that helps your child rapidly learn to read, write, and spell words all
with just the touch of their finger.
• Ideal for ages 1-6 or for ESL and special needs learners
• Add new words and create your own word lists with pictures
• Record voice overs to personalize app and customize features to tailor
app to the needs and abilities of the child
Word Wagon HD
• Join Mozzarella the mouse and his best friend, Coco the bird, as they play
with letters, words, and phonics. As they are learning, Mozz and Coco will
play hide and seek, dress up as a ghost, put on magic shoes, draw pictures,
talk on the phone, and much more.
• Based on common core state standards, app teaches 103 words, including
44 sight words
• App has 4 levels (letters, phonics, spelling 1 and 2) to engage preschool
thru grade 1 age learners (Ages 1-7)
Learning Animal Sounds is Fun HD
$1.99 (free lite version available)
• Learn 20 different animal sounds through 3 different modes
• Free Mode allows user to touch any of the 20 displayed animals to hear
the corresponding sound.
• Recognition Mode plays an animal sound and the user drags the animal
card to match the sound. Can be set up with 1,2 or 3 sounds to match.
• Memory mode is a sound memory game. Play with 12, 20 or 30 hidden
• Ages 2-5
Monkey Preschool Lunchbox
• App includes 7 different games that teach kids about colors, letters, shapes
• Skill development includes matching, grouping, pattern recognition,
memory, difference recognition
• Built for preschoolers age 2-5 and doesn’t require any special navigation.
Scenes change once the task is complete. Unlimited play good for
repetition and learning
Bugs and Buttons
• Imaginative play and critical learning app with intuitive, visual instruction.
• Skills targeted include counting, pattern determination, sorting, tracking and
feature fine motor skills like pinching.
• Self-paced learning. Activities adapt to the skill level of the user.
• 18 + games included
• Geared for ages 3-6
My First Puzzles
$1.99 (free lite version available)
• An IPad app version of the wood puzzles so many kids enjoy.
• With 14 different puzzles, nice sound effects, beautiful graphics, this game
will entertain your children while improving their fine motor skills and
• Shake the device to scramble the puzzles pieces and start again.
• Best for ages 2-4 as the puzzles are a bit simple
• A child’s simple hand-drawn squiggle can become a bird’s nest, rocket smoke,
cotton candy, sheep’s wool, a curly beard, and more! Simply squiggle away to
complete Lazoo’s internationally award-winning art. Then hit the GO button
and watch drawings soar, pulsate, move, twirl, and multiply.
• This app aims to foster a child’s creative process, encourage self-expression
and empower the imagination.
• Ages 2-5
Little Fox Music Box
• Play 3 Songs (London Bridge, Old MacDonald and the Evening Song) with
more than 100 interactive elements to engage young learners.
• Change the seasons in Old MacDonald
• Create a version of the Aurora Borealis in Evening Song
• Visit Fox’s studio to create and even record your own music. Add vocals if
you want as well
• Geared to ages 18 months – 6 years
• Engage the creative energy of children with this app that is a possible
alternative to those interested in Minecraft but maybe a little too young
• Toca Builders makes it fun to drop, spray, smash and lift blocks to construct
new objects. This fantastic educational app allows your child to utilize six
different builders to create their own unique worlds.
• The intuitive gesture controls and on-screen buttons are easy enough to
handle for children ages five and up
$2.99 ($4.99 for all animals)
• It is bedtime and someone needs to put the animals to sleep by turning
out a variety of light sources. Apps provides a great going to bed ritual or
a possible way to end a bedtime story session with participation.
• App has gentle narration with simple animation. Subtle, simple and
• Practice animal sounds with up to 13 animals and switch between Winter
and Summer modes
• Ages 1-4
• Autism Apps is simply a comprehensive list of apps that are being used with
and by people diagnosed with autism, Down syndrome and other special
needs. The Apps are also separated into over 30 categories
• Though there are a multitude of apps in the app store that many people
diagnosed with autism, Down syndrome or another special need use and
enjoy, they can be difficult to find.
• Autism Apps links to extensive reviews of the apps written by parents,
specialists, and other users usually from first-hand experience.