Protect Yourself from Crooks When Purchasing a Bug-Out Location
Protect Yourself from Crooks
When Purchasing a Bug-Out
By Ken Jensen
As much as you want a nice Bug Out
Location (BOL), a deceiving individual wants to
sell one to you.
Fight back against them!
Keep up with the prices of land in that area. This will give you
familiarity with the “going rate” in that area for raw land, improved
land, and land with housing on it.
Assess the price of the properties that you are
•Local Agencies or Realtors
•Online MLS Listings
•Online Land Listings
•For Sale By Owner Listings
Use the following resources to get information
on land in your preferred area.
Local Real Estate Agencies
• They make money doing the job. Sometimes giving you a good deal will
reduce their commission.
• Contact a good agent in the area, because they can send automated emails
based on your specific search criteria.
Online MLS Listings
• Sometimes these are third party sites, and sometimes directly published by
realty companies. Many times you can have the online site send emails with
updates as well.
•If you want to have a large MLS database, you can try a website such
asRealtor.com, but if you are looking for a listing that is directed to rural
properties, you can try UnitedCountry.com.
Online Land Listings
• Some third party sites aggregate information about land for sale.
• One such site would be landsofamerica.com. From this “hub site” you can
choose the state you are looking for.
For Sale by Owner
• There are also websites such as FSBO.com, but the prices on these sites aren’t
usually that great.
• Sometimes your best option is to call the phone numbers listed on the signs.
Keep up with prices and public assessor information as soon as you are
interested in land. This will help you weed out the crooks, and maybe even
get yourself a sweet deal.
Real Time Property Assessment is How You Protect