106: Primal Power Method and Functional Fitness, Gary Collins
106: Primal Power
Method and Functional
Fitness, Gary Collins
By Ken Jensen
Nutrition, Health, Exercise; and Their
Effect on the Prepper or Survivalist
LifestylePreparedness is a huge undertaking. The journey of preparing can never actually
be finished. It is a mountain without a top. It is a lifestyle.
The amount of things you have to do as a survivalist is so much, it can overwhelm
you and destroy your health.
If you don’t take care of your health, your energy levels, your mental clarity, and
your quality of life will take a nosedive destroying your efficiency and
Gary Collins of The Primal Power
Method about Nutrition and
Gary Collins is the creator of the Primal
Power Method. He holds degrees in
exercise science, criminal justice, and
Gary was in Military Intelligence,
worked for the U.S. State Department,
the Dept. of Health and Human Services
and was an FDA special agent.
He is a master level personal trainer
specializing in fitness nutrition, exercise
therapy, strength and conditioning,
youth and senior fitness.
Exercising for Fun and For Fitness
• Running for health, fat burning, and the ketogenic state.
•Fat Burning and Performance Gain can oppose each other but you
can achieve both.
•Exercise doesn’t have to be a drag!
•We can all create a fun plan for basic functional fitness and sport like
Questions with Gary Collins
1. For those who are unfamiliar with you can you explain the Primal Power Method
and how it relates to the Survivalist lifestyle?
2. I run a bit. I can run over 10 miles straight and will be doing a half-marathon at the
end of February. I usually run in the mornings while my body is in a ketogenic state
to burn fat a little more.
3. I believe you call this, intermittent fasting.
4. So a breakdown of a typical “run day” goes like this:
1. I wake up around 4 and drink a glass of water
2. I run my mileage for the day
3. On an intense day, I immediately drink a 4-8 oz glass of chocolate milk
and eat a banana
4. Skip that step on non-intense days.
5. Next, I have bullet proof coffee, but I cheat a little.
6. It is a tbsp. Kerry gold butter, 3-4 tbsp of coconut oil, a tbsp. vanilla, and
1-2 tbsp honey, 19 oz coffee.