Social Media: Where Should I Focus My Efforts?1. Promotion – Position Yourself as the Expert2. Lead Generation3. Building A List4. Email Marketing5. Driving Traffic6. Search = Social Proof7. Putting it all together with… Short Sales
1) Leveraging Social Media• People do business with people they… know, like and trust.• What does your online persona look like?• How many times do “YOU” show up on the first page of Google? LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Google Profile Blogs
1) Celebritize YourselfCelebrities, Rock Stars and Experts make the mostmoney!!!•Building the Brand of You: Social Media can be an incredible Credibility Booster!•Be everywhere: in multiple places, consistently Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogs (Hootsuite.com)•Join Associations, Use familiar logos (FORCE, RES.NET, etc…)•Certifications, Designations•Press or Media – Create your own Press Release (PRWeb, PressWire)•Post pictures with famous people (let people form their own opinions)•Social Proof = share stories and ask for testimonials*
2) Lead Generation• One Page, One Purpose Website Squeeze page, Opt-in Page, Landing Page• Single Purpose is to capture a name and email address.• One page website that offers something for free in exchange for a prospects contact information. Free weekly list of foreclosures Top 10 things you need to know about buying a foreclosure Free 20 page eBook on how to Short Sale your home
2) Lead Generation• Search Based Website 92% of home buyers begin their search online!!• Purpose is to capture a name and email address.• IDX plus forced registration (2 free searches) www.DenverHomeSearch.com 3,000 visits a month (PPC, Craigslist) 14% conversation (name and email) 420 new leads a month TIP: Inside Sales Person calling on leads• Mobile Traffic to your Website (Zillow)
3) List Building: Building your Database• REO… a Loss Leader?• #1 reason to list REO… Build your retail business• Segregate your Lists (Tags): Investors, First time homebuyers, Multi-family, Luxury, etc.• Targeted campaigns based on buying preference
4) Email Marketing• Automated Software Constant Contact iContact Aweber Infusionsoft MailChimp (free)• Marketing Campaigns (Sequence = Series of emails)• Good Copywriting Skills Great Subject Lines, Brevity• Testing: CTR, Open Rate
5) Driving Traffic• Video• Images• Articles• Press Releases• Local News• Direct Mail• Radio• You have to point all this traffic back to YOUR site that has an AWESOME CALL TO ACTION!!
5) Driving Traffic - Video•Why video?• Video is the most powerful communication medium becausepeople can feel your emotion.•The best way to someones heart is connecting to theiremotions.•It’s Easiest way to produce and distribute content.• Cisco said that by 2013 video will be 90% of all consumer traffic and 64% of mobile.
6) Search = Social Proof• Peer to Peer Validation (most concerns Google) Amazon, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter Stats:• Siri “Find me a Real Estate Agent in Dallas, TX?” “Who is the top agent in Dallas, TX?” Siri Results from YELP! Who has a YELP profile? Do you have reviews?
6) Search = Social Proof Global AdvertisingConsumers TrustReal Friends andVirtual Strangers the Most
6) Search = Social Proof• Social Proof: Testimonials and Online Reviews YELP! Reviews Angie’s List (Google Search) Zillow Reviews LinkedIn Recommendations Google+• Klout Score “Sphere of Influence” – Who are you influencing? Meaningful conversations and engagement on the net! Full Contact: Email address -> Social Engagement