Social is part of an amazing and changing world that is blending our online and offline lives.
Pick up the social telephone it’s ringing
We want to build an legion of people for
- broken stereo (listening)
Social Media isn’t reinventing the wheel it’s reinventing how we interact with one another and taking us to another time. A time when asking you neighbour for a cup of sugar was the norm and we all knew who lived next door. Service is at the core of social media communications.
- the tech will change again, but the foundation is same
- find eyewitnesses
- charts/graphs (know is all) even if your not a geek. Send out 3 tweets a week to experiment. White papers, cats, different messaging, different posts.
This is how we derive the value of our metrics. Having Google Analytics isn’t enough. Analysis isn’t enough. It’s when we take those insights and test and optimize our activities that the majority of the value is found.
- information into intelligence That is the key. Master this and make it happen.
The origins story of HootSuite. A need, a tool for a marketing firm, an amazing tool for the world.
- egypt (wormholes to the world) as you recall egypt. In the dictator hand book rule one is pull the plug. We realized the power as the word spread around Egypt that HootSuite was still accessible despite Twitter and Facebook being restricted. As soon as the web was restricted people continued to dialup to ISps outside of egypt to spread the word of what was happening in the coutry.
- japan (inflection point of traffic) Twitter huge in Japan. It was our first community localization. We were all really effected when the Earthquake hit. We track everything and we able to see that this activity was one of our highest on record. We are big in Japan. And social media is a tool for crisis MGMT. The highest tweets/sec was 6900/sec VS. Osama 3800/sec
Often we are hesitant to relinquish control to our users and our communities. There are ways to enable users and maintain enough control to keep branding on point. Brazil = Android, N.etherlands = Mobile, Spanish is used in over 20 countries around the world we needed to reach out to the users to learn what we should be focusing on as our next project
Cause and effect, see how social effects conversions and goals within other analytics like GA, FB Insights
Of course you love all of your followers equally, but when it comes to outreach you want to reach important influencers. While Klout may not be a perfect tool it can be very effective when used judiciously. Especially in terms when you have the need to amplify your message quickly and broadly.
Getting on the Bus: A Social Media Story
This presentation is available now: j.mp/kempkwant
<ul><li>“ IT’S ABOUT GENERATING REVENUE </li></ul><ul><li>THROUGH SOLID MARKETING AND </li></ul><ul><li>STELLAR CUSTOMER SERVICE, JUST </li></ul><ul><li>LIKE IT’S BEEN SINCE THE </li></ul><ul><li>BEGINNING OF TIME.” </li></ul>
It’s young. It’s growing. Sources: InsideFacebook.com (US) Feb. 2011 Pew Internet Research (US) June 2011 Pew Internet Research (US) Nov. 2010 50% of Americans have an account on 13% of online Americans use 4% are using location based services like