Social Media Marketing: Piece of the Puzzle
Why Social Media
DOs and DON’Ts
WHY Use Social Media?
• Facebook – 850 Million Monthly Users!
• 77% of Business to Consumer Businesses acquire Customers from FB.
• Twitter – 107 Million Users and growing!
• 34% of Marketers generated leads from Twitter.
Everyday More Customers are seeking out
Businesses to connect too Online!
to the WORLD!
• Focus on Posting the END of the WEEK!
• Post between 1pm-4pm Local Time!
• Engagement rates reported 32% higher
• Thursday and Friday – 18% higher engagement rates!
Think before you post: “is this something I
would like to see?”
• Tweeting OFF Peak is BEST!
• Posting at Less Popular times increase your visibility
• Post Right before Lunch!
• More Business 2 Business relationships!
• Real Time Chats!
• Use your “#” Wisely!!!!!
Followers are MORE Fickle on Twitter than ANY
• Before or After Workdays!
• 7-9am or 5-6pm Local Time is IDEAL!
• DON’T POST ANYTHING after 3pm Fridays!
Keep it Professional!!!!!
• Keep Content Current –
Remember the Oreo Ad – “You can
still Dunk in the Dark!”
• Keep Everything Positive – A Smile
goes farther than a frown!
• Talk About Yourself – Make it
• Self Promote - 80% of your content
should be personable and
engaging, with only 20% of it being
• Tell your Customers to LIKE or
FOLLOW you – Show them Why
and How to!
• Talk About Yourself! – Don’t Brag!
DOs and DON’Ts!!
DON’T AUTOMATE YOUR POSTS!
Picture Page Layout
Your picture caption can go here.
Picture from PresenterMedia.com