• 1. Yoga Teaches us about our bodies. The postures help
our bodies become strong and flexible.
• 2. Yoga teaches us how to breathe better. When we are
able to breathe deeply, we are able to bring more
peacefulness and energy to our bodies.
• 3. Yoga teaches us how to use energy more effectively.
We learn how to use the energy in our bodies which
brings a calmer state during our day.
• 4. Yoga teaches us how to quiet the mind. This helps us to
learn how to stay still for a period of time with comfort and less
• 5. Yoga teaches us about balance. This helps us become
more aware about the balance of active and quiet time in our
• 6. Yoga teaches us to be the “boss” of our bodies. It teaches
us to listen to our bodies.
• 7. Yoga teaches us about caring for our bodies. It helps
children learn how to take care of themselves.
• A calm, creative force in the classroom- students’ classroom behavior, energy,
• An optimal learning environment-comprehension, assimilation, retention of
material and demonstration of knowledge
• Easy integration with core curriculum-teaching tool across all curricula
• Methods for implementing character education-internalization and practical
application of character education
• Environmental education and awareness- appreciation and understanding of the
environment and connection to nature
• Innovative health and wellness teaching techniques-fitness fun and feeling great!
• 1. Arrival into the classroom for the morning. A morning stretch and
• 2. STOP….Yoga Time! When the children start to get a little too busy
or frustrated, a quick 1 minute yoga time helps bring back calmness
• 3. Just before nap time. Helps to soothe and calm children prior to
rest. Make sure they have a few minutes to digest lunch before.
• 4. Outside….why not?
• 5. Story time. Yes…..yoga story telling is all the rage! Keeps those
busy hands to themselves and helps focus on the story while moving
at the same time.