The Asia Pacific region offers US-based SaaS companies an attractive set of markets for their products and services. However, making an initial move into the region should not be taken lightly. There are a number of local and regional factors that need to be considered to ensure a company’s first steps are part of a successful long term strategy. Those factors include answering questions like the following:
• Which country should a company enter first?
• What about language & localization?
• What's the best sales approach?
• Where should a company physically locate its SaaS infrastructure?
• How can customers be cost-effectively supported in the region?
• What about invoicing, and tax filings?
• Will standard agreements need to change?
This presentation examines a number of these questions, and offers suggested approaches to achieving initial and long-term success in the Asia Pacific region.