Question 2

400 views

Published on

Published in: Technology, Art & Photos
  • Be the first to comment

Question 2

  1. 1. How did you use new media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?<br />
  2. 2. Apple Mac<br />We used the apple Macs for various different stages. Not only did we use the editing technology to edit our trailer, but we used different parts of the system to change the way the trailer was seen.<br />Beyond editing, we used the Macs to upload all the footage we had taken, and stored it, so we could later use it in our subsidiary tasks.<br />
  3. 3. iMovie<br />iMovie is a more basic editing suite, and so we did not use it to edit our final trailer, instead using Final Cut Pro. However, for our animatic, our opening credits, and even the edits on the party scene were all created using this technology. It is more basic that Final Cut, but it is also quicker, and in many cases, a lot easier to use.<br />
  4. 4. Final Cut Pro<br />Final Cut Pro was one of the newest and most advanced pieces of new media technologies that we used. As an industry standard editing suite, it allowed us to access much more than iMovie had. It was also smoother, more precise, and much, much more developed.<br />In order to create the FKM credit, I uploaded and edited the footage on iMovie. However to create the movement, and the split screen I had to use Final Cut. I also used Youtube at this stage, as it had tutorials on Final Cut that helped me learn how to use both the fundamental and the expert tools.<br />
  5. 5. Youtube<br />I used Youtube at many of the stages to the trailer. I used it in the research and planning, by researching films, and then watching the trailers on Youtube. The similar clip links allowed me to find films and trailers that I wouldn’t have previously discovered. I also used it when researching audience theory, as it gave me a better and clearer explanation to the theories, that I could then post on my blog.<br />I then used Youtube to upload all of our different movie clips, from the pitch and animatic, to the final copy of the trailer. We could then post the clips from Youtube to Blogspot using the embed codes.<br />Once I had uploaded the first copy of the trailer, I then used Facebook to get audience feedback. Then again with the final trailer, which we then filmed the audience feedback, putting that on Youtube as well.<br />
  6. 6. Slideshare<br />The website slideshare allowed me to create a slideshow, and then upload it to my blog. This meant that I could both minimise the amount of plain text I used, and make the information more interesting – and not just boring text.<br />I first used slideshare during the research stages. When I looked at the magazine covers for inspiration, I analysed two different covers, one for Empire magazine (featuring ‘Tintin’), and the other for Dazed and Confused (featuring Anna Paquin).<br />I have also used slideshare to upload this PowerPoint!<br />
  7. 7. Facebook (social networking site)<br />I used Facebook for two different purposes during the production of ‘One Thousand Winds’. I first used Youtube to upload my trailer to Facebook, and then used it to hold a live screening of the trailer. This was an original screening technique that was only made possible by these new technologies.<br />Following the screening of the trailer, I asked the audience to comment on specific elements of the trailer that they liked, and more importantly those they did not like. This meant that my audience feedback could be used to develop the trailer. Once the comments were made, I print screened it and added it too my blog, as a record.<br />
  8. 8. Adobe Photoshop<br />We used Adobe Photoshop in two parts of our coursework. We first used it when we created our poster. Using images from both the trailer and our aspect shots, we created a poster that was unique and exciting. The editing technology allowed us to create a smoky texture to the image, and a slightly spooky edge.<br />We then used Photoshop again when we created our magazine cover. Not only did Photoshop allow us to replicate the typography of the Dazed and Confused magazine, but allowed us to use an image from the trailer, cutting out some of the action, and leave it as a surprise.<br />
  9. 9. SONY Digital DV camcorder<br />We used my SONY digital DV camera to film our trailer. The camera used digital DV tapes which allowed us to effectively upload and edit the footage. The handheld camera was helpful for filming the POV opening shots, as it allowed for both shaky camera, and when using a tripod, steady shots too.<br />When filming the party scenes, we used the camera to create a more interesting effect. The first footage was useless, as the ambience was lost on screen. However when we used night vision mode, it gave a different effect to the footage that made it seem more interesting.<br />
  10. 10. Garageband<br />We used Garageband to create a voiceover for the trailer. When we reviewed the footage of the park scenes and phone call, the dialogue was unclear. We recreated the audio using Garageband, and then replaced the live audio in Final Cut.<br />
  11. 11. Blogspot<br />Blogspot was the blog that I used to document my coursework. It allowed videos to be embedded, photos to be uploaded, and had the potential for stand-alone pages that allowed me to split my coursework into clear sections. <br />Blogspot is easy to use, but allows for all the new media technologies I used to come together, and become more effective.<br />
  12. 12. divShare<br />I used divShare in my research and planning stage of my coursework. Like Slideshare it allows for digital media to be uploaded online, and then linked on my blog.<br />When I analysed the poster covers, I created a podcast as an innovative way of showing the information. Once I had edited it using Garageband, I uploaded it to divShare – allowing me to play it directly via my blog.<br />

×