IdeateUnderstand Prototype Test Feedback
• is a way of thinking to solve
• is about asking the right
• enables creative and critical
thinking in the target language
What questions were or weren’t asked in the
design process of these products?
10 Principles of Design Thinking
What does Design Thinking look like
in an English Language classroom?
Why do we need it?
A typical discussion:
Auckland City Centre has too much traffic.
Think of at least three solutions to the
Student A: The government should improve public
Student B: Yes, and the government should make
public transportation cheaper.
Student C: The government should make rules
about cars in the city centre.
All Students: Teacher finished!
• Integrate thinking and language learning – don’t
treat them as separate entities
• Re-design tasks to encourage analytical and
creative thinking by asking the right QUESTIONS