Concrete is a mixture of cement, sand(fine
aggregate), coarse aggregate and water.
As concrete is most usable material in
construction industry it’s been require to
improve its quality.
Nanotechnology can modify the molecular
structure of concrete material to improve
the material properties.
IN CONCRETE NANO PARTICLES
MAINLY USED ARE:--
CARBON - NANOTUBE
Carbon nanotubes are a form of carbon that was first
discovered in 1952 in Russia (and mostly ignored)
and then re-discovered in the 1990’s in Japan. They
are cylindrical in shape, as shown in figure below,
and their name comes from their nanometre
diameter. They can be several millimetres in length
and can have one “layer” or wall (single walled
nanotube) or more than one wall (multi walled
nanotube). The Production cost of nanotubes is
high and the price ranges from 20€ to 1000€ per
gram depending on quality . It is being used to
strengthen and monitor concrete.
NANO SILICAADDITION TO CEMENT BASE
MATERIALS CAN CONTROL THE
DEGRADATION OF THE FUNDEMENTAL C-S-
HYBRATE)REACTION OF CONCRETE CAUSE
BY CALICIUM LEACHING IN WATER AS
WELL AS BLOCK WATER PENETRATION
AND THEREFORE LEADS TO
IMPROVEMENTS IN DURABLITY.
NANO IN PAINTINGS
• NANO TECHNOLOGY IS BEING APPLIED TO
PAINTS AND INSULATING
PROPERTIES,PRODUCED BY THE ADDITION
OF NANO-SIZE CELLS ,PORES AND
PARTICLES ,GIVING VERY LIMITED PATH FOR
TURMAL CONDUCTION ARE CURRENTLY
• THIS TYPE OF PAINT IS USED AT PRESENT
FOR CORROSION PROTECTION UNDER
INSOLATION SINCE IT IS HYDROFOBIC AND
• This isolation paint can be applicable to steel,
aluminum and other different metal surfaces.
• This application procures perfect adherence on
steel, aluminum, PVC, fiberglass, wood, concrete,
plastic and much more surfaces.
• You can clean easily. You just need water and
• Optionally can be painted.(Other colors)
• High heat range between -40 °C and 240 °C
• Least 10% energy saving.
Physical appearance of this paint is like a glass.
It provides heat and corrosion isolation.
There is no space in materials. So it is durable to
Because of configuration of paint, oxygen
doesn’t affect to internal structure. By this way
we protect our materials from corrosion.
NANO TECHNOLOGY GLASSES
TIO2 IS USED IN NANO PARTICAL
FORM TO COAT GLASSING SINCE IT HAS
STERILIZING AND ANTI- FOULING
FIRE PROTECTIVE GLASS IS
ANOTHER APPLICATION OF
NANOTECHNOLOGY IN WHICH CLEAR IN
TUMESCENT LAYER SANWICHED BETWEEN
GLASS PANEL ‘S (AN INTER LAYER ) FORMED
OF FUMED SILICA NANO PARTICLES WHICH
INTURNS INTO A REGID A OPAQUE FIRE
SHEILD WHEN HEATED .
NANOTECHNOLOGY IN FIRE
• NANO CEMENT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO
CREATE A NEW PARADIGM IN THIS AREA CAN
BE USED AS TOUGH,DURABLE HIGH
TEMPARATURE COATING THIS IS ACHIVED BY
MIXING CNT’S WHICH CEMENT MATERIAL TO
FABRICATE FIBER COMPOSITES WHICH
RESULTS OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES .
• POLY PROPOLINE ALSO ARE BEING
CONSIDER AS THE METAL OF INCREASING
FIRE RESISTANCE AND THIS IS CHEAPER
OPTION THAN CONVENTIONAL
NANOTECHNOLOGY IN WOOD
• This nanotechnologic product in wood
and stone has several advantages.
• There is a transparent layer on the
wood, we don’t realize it.
• For saving our materials from oil and dirt
• It doesn’t include silicon, oil and beeswax.
• It can breath.
• It is strong against acid rain and salt water.
• It has a long life.
• Protection from algae.
• Easy application.
NANOTECHNOLOGY IN STEEL
• American Iron and Steel Institute and the U.S. Navy started to
develop new, low carbon, high performance steel (HPS) for
bridges in 1992.
• The new steel was developed with higher corrosion-resistance
and weld ability by incorporating copper nanoparticles from at
the steel grain boundaries.
• Sandvik NanoflexTM is new stainless steel with ultra-high
strength, good formability, and a good surface finish developed
by Sandvik Nanoflex Materials Technology.
• Due to its high performance, Sandvik NanoflexTM is suitable for
application which requires lightweight and rigid designs.
• Its good corrosion and wear resistance can keep life-cycle costs
Attractive or wear resistant surfaces can be achieved by
Compared with the conventional steel, it has a
fundamentally different microstructure- a laminated lath
structure resembling “plywood”.
The MMFX2 steel could be an alternative because it has the
similar corrosion resistance to that of stainless steel, but at a
much lower cost (MMFX Steel Corp.).