Lakshmi Mills History
• Lakshmi Mills was established in the
• It was founded by G.Kuppuswamy Naidu.
• Biggest textile industry in coimbatore.
• Headquator is located in Papanaickenpalayam,
• Lakshmi Mills Company is a major textile yarn
and cloth manufacturer in Coimbatore.
• It has two composite textile units in
Coimbatore: Avinashi Road Palladam and one
• It manufactures 100% combed cotton yarns in
NE 50s to NE 120s.
• Polyester cotton blended yarns in NE 40s to
Board of Directors
• Sri S. Pathy
(Chairman & Managing Director)
• Sri.R.Santharam (Vice Chairman)
• Sri V.Jagannathan
• Sri D.Rajendran
• Sri Satish Ajmera
• Sri V.S.Velayutham
• Sri.Sanjay Jayavarthanavelu
• Sri Aditya Krishna Pathy
( Whole time Director)
• Lakshmi Automatic Loom Works Limited
• Educational Institutions
• Mani Feeder School, Coimbatore
• Mani Higher Secondary School, Coimbatore
• The Lakshmi Mills Higher Secondary School,
• G Venkataswamy Naidu College, Kovilpatti
• Sengadu Vocational Training Centre,
Acclaims & Awards
• 1991- Best Suppliers Award
• 1993 -Meritorious Improvement in
• 1995- Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award
• 2001- Dedicated Service in Cotton Trade
• Both the Units are ISO 9001: 2008 Certified
• Lakshmi Mills is known for Technology
Centenerian at play
• Rank as among the oldest textile companies in
the organized sector.
• merely rewarded its long suffering
shareholders with a 9% dividend.
• The company proudly adds that it has a track
record of paying a dividend to its shareholders
for the last 75 years without a break.
Exploiting its land bank
• The market value of its combined stake in
Lakshmi Machine Works, Lakshmi Automatic
Loom Works, and Rajshree Sugars was valued
at Rs 1.3 bn .
• The shareholding by the company in its group
companies, which also represent the group's
• Equity holding in its group companies is mere
deadwood for all practical purposes.
Reap the whirlwind
• The company manufactures and sells cotton
and synthetic yarn.
• Other sales related income is from the hocking
of waste cloth.
• Activities include exports of textiles.
• “Dyche life” – Delhi (2007-2008)
• Garnered revenues of Rs 1.3 bn during the
year, against revenues of Rs 1 bn in the
• Sri G. Kuppusamy Naidu memorial Sports Trust
is exclusively functioning to promote the
• Sri G.Kuppusamy Naidu All India Hockey
tournament which has been conducted for the
past thirty eight years.
• BSE LIVE Open:Rs.1560.25 (25th)
• Today:Rs.1560.00 ;1560.25
• NSE Rs.1484
• 1947 – 24000 shares of Rs.50 each