“The World Theatre Video Project was
developed for theatre students and teachers
from all over the world to connect and share
their love of theatre.”
The Projects Origins
World Theatre Day – March 27th
Looking to collaborate - tweeted.
Collaborated to form the idea.
Problem: Needed to consider copyright.
Completed in one week.
Google Certified Teacher Summit Action Plan
Looking to create a bigger project in 2014.
Scripts must be in the public domain.
Short 1-2 minute monologues, scenes or poems.
Themed if possible
October - The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe
April - Shakespeare.
Must be school appropriate
1 month to complete and submit.
Submission details at worldtheatrevideo.com
Why Should I Get Involved?
• Engagement with Shakespeare English/Drama
• Performing in the Context of the Times History
Reading and Comprehending
Delivery: Vocal Dynamics (pitch, pace, pause)
Interpretation and Creativity
A great idea for your Drama Club/Classroom.
A great end of year project
What You Can Do
• We’re aiming for as many schools as possible but an
ideal figure would be about 20 worldwide.
• Pass this powerpoint/information on to your
colleagues and networks.
• Join the conversation on Twitter
• In doing this you are supporting Drama and
Drama Teacher’s on Twitter
• Some hashtags to follow:
• #dramateachers #dramaarmy #tweatre
#artsed #dramaed #dramaedchat